The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
TSA

New Board Issues And Bugs

When posting software issues please include browser , OS and screen shots if possible. We'll make every effort to answer your questions as quickly as possible but please allow us time to get back to you with a correct answer. If we don't have an answer, we'll submit your question to the IPS staff which may take some time.

Mozilla, XP

I am pretty sure this is probably still in testing or not released yet, but in case it isn't, when trying to access the chat section, I get this:

[#CHAT-02] You do not have access to our chat room.

Edited by Ichigo-1

Mozilla, XP

I am pretty sure this is probably still in testing or not released yet, but in case it isn't, when trying to access the chat section, I get this:

The chat room will be accessible to members on game days.

Mozilla, XP

Can you still see Chat in the tool bar? If so, what message are you getting now?

Can you still see Chat in the tool bar? If so, what message are you getting now?

Now it has this:

[#CHAT-04] The chat system is currently offline. It will be open just prior to puck drop on game days.

Anyone having issues logging in, or known issues with that?

It'd be nice to know that you gotta use your username now to log in, it wouldn't take my e-mail come hell or high water. I've never used Legend-1 to log in before.

It'd be nice to know that you gotta use your username now to log in, it wouldn't take my e-mail come hell or high water. I've never used Legend-1 to log in before.

It would only take my email if I just reset my password, and even then it wasn't all the time, not sure whats going on there... glad I am not the only one thought I was going crazy... :twilight-zone:

Edited by Ichigo-1

Now it has this:

[#CHAT-04] The chat system is currently offline. It will be open just prior to puck drop on game days.

Anyone having issues logging in, or known issues with that?

There were some known glitches today causing errors. As soon as all the teams finish migrating, things should settle down. Until then, we can expect more of these off and on glitches periodically.

profile shows myself as offline when, well I am clearly online. Though it shows TSA as online. :P

Are you sure you're online? :grin:

Looks like a bug. Thanks, good catch.

In a few of the main topics (ex. Hurricanes talk, Around the League), I noticed the New Topic button is inactive and says "You cannot start a new topic". Guessing either the topic is accidentally locked or maybe an issue interpreting post counts. Or maybe it's just me. ;)

In a few of the main topics (ex. Hurricanes talk, Around the League), I noticed the New Topic button is inactive and says "You cannot start a new topic". Guessing either the topic is accidentally locked or maybe an issue interpreting post counts. Or maybe it's just me. ;)

Can you provide a screen shot and browser you're using?

Let me know if the online/offline icon next to your UN is showing online status.

Can you provide a screen shot and browser you're using?

Let me know if the online/offline icon next to your UN is showing online status.

XP and FF 3.6.8. But it's OK now. May have just been a temp glitch on my side. Closed and re-opened the browser, so that may have reset something.

BTW, has the length of the login timeout been increased? Used to be 8 hours or so, but seems to be lasting longer than that now.

XP and FF 3.6.8. But it's OK now. May have just been a temp glitch on my side. Closed and re-opened the browser, so that may have reset something.

BTW, has the length of the login timeout been increased? Used to be 8 hours or so, but seems to be lasting longer than that now.

There's been a bug noted that matches this behavior and is being looked into. Will check with the NHL about the extended log in time, glad to not hear about timing out issues.

Thanks for the report.

JLP, if it happens again can you screen shot the browser page so we can send to Invision? They need to catch it in the act.

Will do. FWIW, I suspect it was some sort of authentication glitch and/or something to do with the post count limitation on new threads.

Here's a new one...posted a new topic with a title that contained a few abbreviations with all caps (ex. FSN, HD, TV), but it will only let the first letter be caps and changes the rest to lower case (so Fsn, Hd, Tv).

Now that's weird.

Should be visible to anyone in Canes Talk thread. :)

Will do. FWIW, I suspect it was some sort of authentication glitch and/or something to do with the post count limitation on new threads.

They think it was on their end somewhere since it was a previously noted issue.
Here's a new one...posted a new topic with a title that contained a few abbreviations with all caps (ex. FSN, HD, TV), but it will only let the first letter be caps and changes the rest to lower case (so Fsn, Hd, Tv).

Now that's weird.

Should be visible to anyone in Canes Talk thread. :)

Fixed :)

I'm seeing an issue similar to the one that was reported earlier. In this FAQ forum, the button reads "Start New Topic", but in the Hurricanes Talk forum, beside the "Watch this Forum" button the new topic button is disabled and replaced with one that says "You Can Not Start a New Topic." Message repeated at the bottom of the screen. My post count and start date look okay if that's a criteria for enabling new topics.

I'm running Safari on a Mac that is less than a month old so I'm running OS X (10.6.4) and whatever the current version of Safari is (5.0.1).

Edited four minutes later to add this: Whoa. Either y'all are real fast or you have to post once on the new board before you can start a topic, because after I posted this I went to Hurricanes Talk and now the "Start New Topic" button is enabled for me.

Anyhow, never mind.

Edited by Dreamie

I'm seeing an issue similar to the one that was reported earlier. In this FAQ forum, the button reads "Start New Topic", but in the Hurricanes Talk forum, beside the "Watch this Forum" button the new topic button is disabled and replaced with one that says "You Can Not Start a New Topic." Message repeated at the bottom of the screen. My post count and start date look okay if that's a criteria for enabling new topics.

I'm running Safari on a Mac that is less than a month old so I'm running OS X (10.6.4) and whatever the current version of Safari is (5.0.1).

Edited four minutes later to add this: Whoa. Either y'all are real fast or you have to post once on the new board before you can start a topic, because after I posted this I went to Hurricanes Talk and now the "Start New Topic" button is enabled for me.

Anyhow, never mind.

Same thing happened to me, Although I logged out after posting, then logged back in. Hoping it's not a "log in/out" issue.

I agree about the post counts. (The one in my profile is correct-it shows 400-

but is different when I actually post.) And I posted twice last week but the count

did not change. Will see what it does now.

Some of the pinned threads seem to disappear. The poll thread I started relative to the GDT vs. a GDT + PGA doesn't show up on the first page of Hurricanes Talk, but if you do a search it's pinned on the first page. Adding a reply doesn't bring it back to the top either.

Post counts seem to be off from when we migrated back to Invision. How's that going to work?

Its not that your count is wrong but Invision counts total posts in the data base and that includes getting a minus for posts you deleted. The count you see in your profile is probably the match to what you saw on the kickapps board. We cant change your total count in the main server data base but we can change it so when you post it matches what you had before the software switch.

Anyone with a post count discrepancy can PM us directly to have it corrected. We have access to the master list from the old board so we'll have all your updated numbers.

Some of the pinned threads seem to disappear. The poll thread I started relative to the GDT vs. a GDT + PGA doesn't show up on the first page of Hurricanes Talk, but if you do a search it's pinned on the first page. Adding a reply doesn't bring it back to the top either.

Coastal, post the URL to that thread and I'll see what I can do.

I agree about the post counts. (The one in my profile is correct-it shows 400-

but is different when I actually post.) And I posted twice last week but the count

did not change. Will see what it does now.

Fixed :)