The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
JLP

Canes' FSN TV Schedule Released - All HD! - and now back on Dish!

Wow, I can't believe it!! Canes, Fox Sports Carolinas Announce 2010-11 TV Schedule

All 65 games on regional sports network to be televised in high definition

Thursday, 09.02.2010 / 1:23 PM / News

By Ken Preston

RALEIGH, NC – The National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, and the team’s broadcast partner FOX Sports Carolinas, today announced FOX Sports Carolinas’ 65-game television package for the 2010-11 NHL season. The 2010-11 season will mark the first time all Hurricanes games on FOX Sports Carolinas will be televised in high definition.

The Hurricanes’ 2010-11 television schedule can be found here.

FOX Sports Carolinas’ coverage of live Hurricanes games in 2010-11 will include 35 of the team’s 41 road games and 30 match-ups at the RBC Center throughout the 82-game regular season. As always, John Forslund will handle the play-by-play duties while former professional goaltender Tripp Tracy will provide analysis.

The network’s coverage will kick off with the Hurricanes’ first game in North America on Oct. 14 at Ottawa, and will continue with each of the team’s seven remaining games in October. Following eight televised games in November, FOX Sports Carolinas will cover 10 of the Hurricanes’ 12 games in December.

As the calendar turns to 2011, 41 of Carolina’s final 46 regular-season games will be televised, including 19 of 20 road games and 30 of 32 games following NHL All-Star Weeekend. FOX Sports Carolinas’ coverage of the 2010-11 Hurricanes schedule concludes with telecasts of each of the team’s final 12 games.

Edited by JLP

Question. i just moved down here to the Triad area (high point) and have charter digital cable now instead of directv. does fsn carolina's on charter carry all the canes games that directv does? i ask because i vaguely remember discussions about the charlotte bobcats or nashville predators being aired in some areas instead.

need to take a look at the TV schedule to determine the games I want to use my vouchers on; I will use them only on games that are not televised

only 65 games??????????????????????

:thumbdown:

:pb:

Normally I would give you a hard time for complaining when we just got a substantial upgrade over past years...and then I see that Florida is showing 72 games, all HD. :shock:

Yikes our deal blows. :Aarrg:

Normally I would give you a hard time for complaining when we just got a substantial upgrade over past years...and then I see that Florida is showing 72 games, all HD. :shock:

Yikes our deal blows. :Aarrg:

yeah, but no-one wants to watch 72 Kitty Cat games

yeah, but no-one wants to watch 72 Kitty Cat games

For those that remember the game vs the Kitties that was not carried locally but CI carried as a really weird jumbotron feed, remember "the muffin man"? One of the best game day threads that I can remember. Too bad we don't have a place for historic threads like this one for old times sake. I've never laughed so hard over the internet in my life. Dadgum, I wish I could read that thread again.

For those that remember the game vs the Kitties that was not carried locally but CI carried as a really weird jumbotron feed, remember "the muffin man"? One of the best game day threads that I can remember.

That was a game of legends, along with the game that wasn't broadcasted at all where tim gleason body slammed I think it was Horton... was so epic and nobody outside of the RBC center got to see it...

I looked but couldn't find the recording of that game, though it may be out there some where in cyber space.

EVERY televised game in HD is awesome. I, for one, will not complain that it is ONLY 65. Most of the games that aren't, are local (i.e. trying to get some people in the loudest barn in the NHL).

Question. i just moved down here to the Triad area (high point) and have charter digital cable now instead of directv. does fsn carolina's on charter carry all the canes games that directv does? i ask because i vaguely remember discussions about the charlotte bobcats or nashville predators being aired in some areas instead.

I had charter forever,and just switched to Direct Tv last year

I live in western North Carolina close to the TN border, and I always got every single Canes game that was televised on FS Carolinas with Charter,there is basicly no difference between DirecTv and Charter has far has FSC coverage is concerned,has far has I know

Edited by Carolinafan85

For those on DirecTV who had to deal with the whole missing Vs situation last year (which didn't impact the Canes since they had no games on), we on Dish are getting it (potentially) a lot worse this year. Dish and Fox are fighting the same fight...and that means no Fox Sports Net (as well as FX and NatGeo). As of today all these channels are off the air. My suspicion is that this won't last long, or at least not as long as the Vs battle, since these channels are much more visible than Vs. But if it does, no Canes games on TV for us...unless Dish gives out some free Center Ice like DTV did last year.

NY Times media blog link for the usual BS from both companies, along with links to their propaganda sites.

There was quite a build-up to the Vs deal last year, I'm surprised to not hear anything about this until it happened.

And this may have already impacted...CanesVision was going to stream today's game, but it was cancelled at FSN request per CVHD.

Edited by JLP

For those on DirecTV who had to deal with the whole missing Vs situation last year (which didn't impact the Canes since they had no games on), we on Dish are getting it (potentially) a lot worse this year. Dish and Fox are fighting the same fight...and that means no Fox Sports Net (as well as FX and NatGeo). As of today all these channels are off the air. My suspicion is that this won't last long, or at least not as long as the Vs battle, since these channels are much more visible than Vs. But if it does, no Canes games on TV for us...unless Dish gives out some free Center Ice like DTV did last year.

NY Times media blog link for the usual BS from both companies, along with links to their propaganda sites.

There was quite a build-up to the Vs deal last year, I'm surprised to not hear anything about this until it happened.

And this may have already impacted...CanesVision was going to stream today's game, but it was cancelled at FSN request per CVHD.

This is not good at all. I mean, its one thing to lose VS., where I would be out last year a total of 0 canes games, but FSN... say it ain't so... :( hopefully they will get this resolved quickly, or give me free center ice. I will pay to drop my contract on Dish network if I can't get my canes...

And there are other... shady methods I think all parties would like to avoid when it comes to watching the games that I could use.

Also.. check this if out.

Edited by Ichigo-1

Just thought I would update this since I know a few others were also in this situation...as expected the Dish and Fox dispute was resolved in time to keep Fox from pulling the network stations when that contract expired on 11/1. What a long two weeks of crappy feeds that was! And now back to our regularly scheduled programming...