The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

O'Sullivan set to sign 2-way contract with the Hurricanes

One of my friends just e-mailed me this old interview from O'Sullivan maybe you've seen it already but i thought it was really funny. My link

I can't believe he lit his mother's couch on fire. How funny is that?

I know he was young, but that interview projects a guy destined for trouble. A bit of a cocky, immature kid coming though there. I did like his honesty about things, but admitting he didn't like to cross his own blueline might predict that +/- of last year.

Knowing his past, one can certainly understand a lot of things he admitted to, but one hopes that the experience of last year was a serious wake up call leading to more maturity and understanding of what it takes to stick in the NHL.

While it is somewhat unfair to judge him on an interview done when he was still a teenager, his performance last year, was much more recent evidence that he is at a real crossroads.

I really hope he has seen the light, and is committed to a new page, because if he can add some of that typical hockey character and a bit of defensive responsibility to his game he could be amazingly good.

I wish Patrick O'Sullivan all the best. He's my favorite 'Cane. Go Sully go! :)

I'd like to see Mo find a new role for him on the team, other than playing 9:32 minutes on the 4th line. :facepalm2:

Yes he did. He puts his team ahead of any personal achievement or stat. He does get down on himself when things don't go right. No joking, this kid averages 15 goal posts a season.

The key with O'S is that he needs good players on his line.

Players like Anze Kopitar, Eric Staal, johnathan Toews don't need that. They're so talented, they can make the best out of anything.

With O'Sullivan, its different. He's a sniper He needs a good play-maker to set him up. That way, he'll be very productive. He's also very skilled on the man advantage, which is what happened in LA. Put him on a 4th line with a couple scrubs, he becomes a floater, which is what happened in Edmonton.

I hope he gets a chance to form some chemistry with Eric Staal.

To those ready to bail on O'Sullivan. Read Typhoon's post. Sound familiar? Put him on a scoring line now.

Copied Remkin's comment from the Harrison thread:

I'd rather keep Harrison up than send O'Sullivan down. Related? No, just really worked up about this board's bailing on O'Sullivan.

Where are people bailing on O'Sullivan? I think most agree he's not had a chance to make his case and all I've read is about alot of head scratching and plea's to move him up to see what he can do. I wish there was some official explanation about why he's been put on the 4th line because the longer it continues without any word as to why, the worse the fan rumors and wild speculation becomes.

Has anyone considered the fact that maybe he's just nursing some minor injury and they don't want to push him for too many minutes yet or have him run up against tougher defenders yet? Not saying that's the case but its as much a possibility as any other reason I've read from the fans.

Where are people bailing on O'Sullivan? I think most agree he's not had a chance to make his case and all I've read is about alot of head scratching and plea's to move him up to see what he can do. I wish there was some official explanation about why he's been put on the 4th line because the longer it continues without any word as to why, the worse the fan rumors and wild speculation becomes.

Has anyone considered the fact that maybe he's just nursing some minor injury and they don't want to push him for too many minutes yet or have him run up against tougher defenders yet? Not saying that's the case but its as much a possibility as any other reason I've read from the fans.

I've seen it a couple of other times, but the last 4 posts in the Carson/Pogge thread seem to think it's a forgone conclusion.

Copied Remkin's comment from the Harrison thread:

I hadn't considered the injury possibility. That would make sense if it is the reason.

This is what I posted in gameday but it seems more appropriate here

O' Sullivan on the fourth line is a mystery. But Patty O said in training camp he didn't care where he played as long as he could contribute. We did use him a little on the PP. That may be where he will have a chance to show his skill. Mo also is defensive minded even on a talented offensive team. Mo has also said Skinner skates top six or he doesn't skate on this team and you have Sammy coming back who Mo has also said shouldn't skate on the fourth line. O'Sullivan is kinda boxed in right now. I hope he isn't sent to Charlotte and that he somehow gets on a scoring line.

I think most of us still hope O'Sullivan gets a real shot before a decision is made.

I'd like to see Mo find a new role for him on the team, other than playing 9:32 minutes on the 4th line. :facepalm2:

To those ready to bail on O'Sullivan. Read Typhoon's post. Sound familiar? Put him on a scoring line now.

i agree remkin. cole could come down, for the love of *insert flavor of deity that gets you goin* get skinner 1st line cause we all know he's goin there anyways, and here is how i would sort the lines:

Skinner-Staal-Jokinen

O'Sullivan-Sutter-Ruutu

Larose-Dwyer-Cole

Bowman-Kostopoulos-Dalpe

and to be honest if i could find a way to ditch cole i would, even acknowledging the off ice taking kids under the wing and my sentimental attachment. fill his spot with samsonov, and if pos doesn't pan out, move the next guy up from charlotte and cycle up as appropriate. tbh the 2-4 lines could be kind of rolling, moving people in and out to keep the defense guessing, just keeping the centers where they are, but then again, i dont know squat about this stuff and im just armcharing it, lol.

I've seen it a couple of other times, but the last 4 posts in the Carson/Pogge thread seem to think it's a forgone conclusion.

Just pure speculation and rumor because of no real info giving insight into Maurice's thinking.

I'd rather sit tight and see what evolves than start assuming the worst for this kid, he's had a tough enough road to get here as it is.

Just pure speculation and rumor because of no real info giving insight into Maurice's thinking.

I'd rather sit tight and see what evolves than start assuming the worst for this kid, he's had a tough enough road to get here as it is.

yeah, he did have a hard road and deserves the chance

I'm not bailing on OS, I want him to get a shot in the top-6. It's utterly ridiculous to leave that top line as is. Utterly ridiculous. I went back and watched the first two games again, paying close attention to OS. Like I said before, on the fourth line he floats and makes turnovers. He had two blatant turnovers in Game 2. Regardless, that is what you get with him on the fourth line with lesser talent or with inexperienced players.

I choose to hope for the best and wait and see what happens.

See y'all in a week or so.