The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
CanesFamily

Where to park for tailgating?

I hope this is the right place to post this...

Is there a certain area that most Caniacs gather for tailgating?

Thanks in advance.

Eric

Anywhere at the RBC Center, or across the street at Cater-Finley Stadium. My group tailgates at the back side of the East lot.

Anywhere at the RBC Center, or across the street at Cater-Finley Stadium. My group tailgates at the back side of the East lot.

Thanks for the info. Will parking on "the back side of the East Lot" allow for an easy exit to the Wade Avenue portal or to Blue Ridge? Your advice would be much appreciated, as it's difficult to discern from the website where to park if using General Parking to maximize tailgate experience and to expedite exit afterwards.

Thanks for the info. Will parking on "the back side of the East Lot" allow for an easy exit to the Wade Avenue portal or to Blue Ridge? Your advice would be much appreciated, as it's difficult to discern from the website where to park if using General Parking to maximize tailgate experience and to expedite exit afterwards.

they direct the east lot onto Wade Ave., until the traffic dies down(45minutes-1hour after the event). Then you have to go to Blue Ridge.

Hey guys. I'm making the trip down on Saturday with a few friends and wanted to follow up here in the tailgate thread. What time do these lots open? Thanks in advance.

Officially I think they open the lots 2 hours before the game but unofficially, I think you can get in pretty early. Unless of course you're wearing black and gold and some flightless bird on your jersey, then I think its closed till after the 3rd period. Really :P

Hey guys. I'm making the trip down on Saturday with a few friends and wanted to follow up here in the tailgate thread. What time do these lots open? Thanks in advance.

Get there when you get there, it doesn't matter, we have been as early as 10am and as long as another event isn't on tap, as the case this weekend, no one will give you any grief. Enjoy.

I usually get there around 3:00 for a 7:00 o'clock game. I park in the 5 West lot next to the trees, set up and relax. A staff member always comes around a little after 4 to collect the parking fee or verify your pass. Never been a problem.