The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
mscaniac

Tommorow's weather...

Snow? We don't get snow around here, except on a rare occasion. We get freezing rain and ice. This may be a non-event. Besides, there's a hockey game scheduled here tomorrow night. If wintery weather shows up, it must clear out in time for us, the Caniac Nation, to have our hockey fix.

Your absolutely right. At this point they are calling for mostly freezing rain and ice mixed with some snow... not to fret though it should all turn to rain by around noon or so as to not ruin hockey night in Caniac Nation..... it simply MUST!!!!

yeah i went snowboarding in that storm yesterday, kinda chill up here in boone, 20 degree weather with 40mph wind gusts. it was one heck of a short storm, so be prepared and stay safe down there guys.

don't even complain ppl.... we got 6 inches of snow over night.... its cold here!!!! haha an inch of snow and school gets cancelled? you're joking me, right? wow, we would have to have a blizzard for my old school to cancel... not fair!!! :( haha

Our city was in peril 2 years ago with about half an inch of snow. Schools closed around noon, and the roads iced over, so thousands of cars were on icy roads, nobody could get anywhere, everything was closed, and thousands of kids, including me, got stuck at school. I got picked up around 9, but many kids had to spend the night.

Looks like things are going to be nasty for all you Raleigh Caniacs tommorow...

Awesome.

And now I'll proceed to get my hopes up only to be ultimately disappointed.

Yes.. sadly that does seem to turn out to be the case most of time doesn't it????

I live in the Winston-Salem/Greensboro area and we are also expecting a "wintry mix" tomorrow. We are so prone to getting ice, that I'm hoping school will be canceled. I'm in the middle of exam week right now, so I could use that extra day. In Forsyth county a couple of years ago, weather was so bad and they didn't call off school and a teenage driver was killed, so now they take a bit more precaution. Since most of Forsyth is in exams right now, I'm hoping that they will just call off and cancel the day rather than a delay and risk teens driving to and from school. We are expected to have a sleet/ice/freezing rain mixture up until tomorrow evening, so I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed! Our meteorologists aren't 100% right all the time....so I guess I better get studying! (At least there's no Canes game on tonight!)

don't even complain ppl.... we got 6 inches of snow over night.... its cold here!!!! haha an inch of snow and school gets cancelled? you're joking me, right? wow, we would have to have a blizzard for my old school to cancel... not fair!!! :( haha

People around here don't drive in it enough to know how and we don't have the equipment to use since it would probably rust before needing it again. lol! I don't mind driving in snow but ICE....I prefer that in the rink!

one time we had so much snow the city buses were getting stuck! my dad couldn't get to work! and then there was that time that we had so much hail it looked like it had snowed... the damage was huge!

My mom says she's not sending me to school tomorrow, to avoid another situation like the one I explained earlier. So I get out of school even if it isnt canceled. HAHA! I get to annoy everyone on here for an extra 7 hours!!! WOOOOOO!!! 8)