The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
mscaniac

Tommorow's weather...

Haha. I finished all my exams today (and got out of school at 10:30!) and so I don't have school tomorrow anyways, so if it snows I can enjoy it! Woo!

I'm wicked excited! I haven't seen snow since.. well.. last week in New Mexico and Tennessee :? but that doesn't really count..

Major crap. I have to drive to RDU and pick up an arriving San Diegan who is visiting for several days. I am not pleased at the weather report. Relocated Yankees on the roads, fine. Locals: please stay home! I am too young to die because you can't drive in this stuff.

I am so bummed. I was looking forward to a "quick trip" (I'm 80 min. from RDU, southeast) to the airport and then a visit to the Eye or Crabtree... waaaaaaaaaah. Now I'll just want to get in/out and get home safely.

You guys going to the game, PLEASE BE CAREFUL. I'll start praying for just rain!

Well, like someone else said, it better clear out quick because Tangled has to drive us to the game tomorrow night! I don't want her to have to drive on nasty roads. That won't be fun for her. Sorry for everyone who wants snow, but I won't be praying with you. Next time though! I'd love some snow sometime! Just not on hockey nights! :)

Well, like someone else said, it better clear out quick because Tangled has to drive us to the game tomorrow night! I don't want her to have to drive on nasty roads. That won't be fun for her. Sorry for everyone who wants snow, but I won't be praying with you. Next time though! I'd love some snow sometime! Just not on hockey nights! :)

Yeah, lets talk about how Katy is not going to drive while there is any snow on the roads...no offense to anyone who learned to drive in Raleigh, but RALEIGH DRIVERS SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF ME! lol

Looks like we won't get any snow down here... just a wintry mix. Sigh. At least signs of winter are coming back after a couple years without it.

And Gipper, you've got to excuse us down here... we don't get snow like you guys up north do, so even the slightest bit sends us into a frenzy. But in a good way, mostly. :)

I WANT SNOW!!---its been too long without any here (and no I am not transplanted from the north--I just love snow)....ice & sleet are the pits though. My folks taught me at an early age to drive in the stuff and unfortunately I have never had a job where I did not have to go in. In my 16+ years at my company, we have closed exactly twice, each time for one day only---once the day after Hurricane Fran came through and once the day of the 22+ inches of snow (of course, I went in anyway)

I need an emo having a snow fight!

Last report I just heard calls for freezing rain and sleet in the am. Worse case scenario, my best guess is a 2 hour delay. Although the last time I assumed anything, we woke up to 22 nches of snow!

Last report I just heard calls for freezing rain and sleet in the am. Worse case scenario, my best guess is a 2 hour delay. Although the last time I assumed anything, we woke up to 22 nches of snow!

I WANT SNOW!!---its been too long without any here (and no I am not transplanted from the north--I just love snow)....ice & sleet are the pits though. My folks taught me at an early age to drive in the stuff and unfortunately I have never had a job where I did not have to go in. In my 16+ years at my company, we have closed exactly twice, each time for one day only---once the day after Hurricane Fran came through and once the day of the 22+ inches of snow (of course, I went in anyway)

I need an emo having a snow fight!

snowballfight2.gif

Why are you guys worried about an inch of snow? That's nothing at all.

That's cause we don't have snow plows in the South. The reflectors that we have down the center yellow lines of our dirt roads (cause that's all us rednecks have down here, red clay roads, don't you know that?) will mess a plow up. Thus, a dusting of snow here will shut a town down instantly. It's actually pretty silly.

It's the same reason many Southerners think "Yankees" are sissies cause they whine over a little 90 degree heat. It's insane, a few days of 90 degree temps in the north and it's a OMG~HEAT ADVISORY!! Down here, it's a little thing they call "summer."

OMG, I had SOOOOOOOOO much fun w/ that snowfall when I was living in SE Raleigh!!!! I KNEW the city of Raleigh would be pretty muc shut down for at least 2 - 3 days, so I just sat in the house & watched it fall all night. We went out & walked around the next evening, 'cause we knew there weren't going to be any traffic out. I still have a picture of my house, car & driveway the next day. 8) 8)

Looks like whatever is going to happen will be here in the next 4-5 hours I would guess... SC looks like it is getting smacked around pretty bad, at least the eastern half of it.

I will keep a look out here at work and report any snowage in the next 5 hours :D

Looks like things are going to be nasty for all you Raleigh Caniacs tommorow...

Awesome.

And now I'll proceed to get my hopes up only to be ultimately disappointed.

Warbird, any chance classes will be canceled friday? i have none tomorrow so it doesn't affect me.

Looks like things are going to be nasty for all you Raleigh Caniacs tommorow...

Awesome.

And now I'll proceed to get my hopes up only to be ultimately disappointed.

Warbird, any chance classes will be canceled friday? i have none tomorrow so it doesn't affect me.

I'd say thats highly unlikely, unless something really unforeseen happens. Which would be cool with me.

Looks like whatever is going to happen will be here in the next 4-5 hours I would guess... SC looks like it is getting smacked around pretty bad, at least the eastern half of it.

I will keep a look out here at work and report any snowage in the next 5 hours :D

Oh, I'll be watchin' outside for some white stuff fallin' from the skies here!! :D I went outside on the deck about 20 min. ago & checked the temp. & it was 36 degrees so far, but not too cold to snow. :wink:

Oh, I'll be watchin' outside for some white stuff fallin' from the skies here!! :D I went outside on the deck about 20 min. ago & checked the temp. & it was 36 degrees so far, but not too cold to snow. :wink:

I got a radar image here at work, the storm is just now in the southern counties in NC, still a way from here, 3 hours maybe I am no good a judging how fast its moving :lol: