The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
mscaniac

Tommorow's weather...

Looks like whatever is going to happen will be here in the next 4-5 hours I would guess... SC looks like it is getting smacked around pretty bad, at least the eastern half of it.

I will keep a look out here at work and report any snowage in the next 5 hours :D

Oh, I'll be watchin' outside for some white stuff fallin' from the skies here!! :D I went outside on the deck about 20 min. ago & checked the temp. & it was 36 degrees so far, but not too cold to snow. :wink:

It's 28 degrees here in downtown Raleigh. I just hope I remember to wake up for it if it does begin to precipitate. I don't have class until 12:30 so there is a good chance I'll miss it! :(

Flakes are good!!!! If I were still up in NY I'd be wishing for ALOT of flakes & good ground coverage, but down here, alot of people freak out when it even rains, much less when they see snow fallin', LOL!! That's the reason I try not to go out & drive in it... I can do it, but people freaking out behind the wheel is something I don't wanna have to deal w/ if I don't have to. I hope everyone drives under the speed limit like they're supposed to & doesn't act like they're racing in the Indy 500... remember to keep a good amount of space between you & the cars in front of you too, people. We want you all back here safe & sound. 8)

IT'S SNOWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!

HAHAAHA I am going to go outside here in a minute once my co-worker gets back so I can see it :P:lol::D 8) :-) :wink:

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a happy girl, can you tell?!? It's actually a mix of freezing rain & snow right now, but for about 20 min. it was just snow. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Don't slip outside Bri!!!!

To you it may not be, but to me?

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! SNOW!!!!!!!

I'm from NY & I miss the snow, so thia is eventful for me. :wink:

Take care out there today, Irish & maybe we will bump into each other there tonight!! :D

Elizabeth Garner says that there's been a change in her forecast, & is now expecting anywhere from 2"- 4" of snowfall for the Triangle area.

... maybe I can make a snowman today... :mrgreen:

Careful, careful, careful, folks.... PLEASE be careful out there today.There have already been several accidents reported (a jack-knived tractour trailer & people sliding into guard rails).

Its snowing pretty hard outside now, looks like its sticking to the ground at least... can't tell on the roads yet, can't go outside yet lol, guys be careful its going to be a nasty communte....

1-40/440 is going to be a nightmare

Yeah it is.... the accidents are already starting to come in faster than the radio can announce them & it's not even 7 AM yet. Brian, take care going home, hon, & if you can, post when you get home, okay?

Good morning all..!!! I am thrilled for those of you in the Triangle area that wanted it are getting to see some snow this morning.. someone take some pictures if it begins to stick because here on the coast of course we are getting nothing but a very cold rain with a little ice here and there on bridges and I am very envious.....

Enjoy it everyone and stay safe and warm.......

Hey, good morning to you all just coming on!!!! mscaniac, you would have LOVED what happened in New Bern in Dec. '89 - it snowed for about 2 - 3 days straight - the snow was up to my waist when it was done. I was in heaven!!!!

Wow, like 4 days ago it was 72 degress. Wow. :lol::D

LMAO!! Try 2 days ago - we had all the windows in the house open all day & overnight.

Now THIS is hockey weather, kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hockey4.gificeskating.gif

The snow really is beautiful! My mom is an E.R. nurse and she called me on the way to work to tell me to get up and look. So I woke up my roommate and we looked at the snow together. It was nice. It's coming down in HUGE flakes and it's sticking (which the forecasters intially said it wouldn't). My mom said it was on the roads as she was driving to work. She should have a fun day in the E.R. because I'm sure there will be some crazies on the road and they'll end up in her trauma center. Take care everyone. I don't want to hear tell that some crazy hurt any of you!!! Bundle up, drive safe and everyone have fun!

You just be careful should you have to go out & it's icy outside, young lady - I wanna meet you & Tangled at the game!! :D :D

We'll be careful! We promise! Hopefully classes will be canceled and we won't have to worry about getting out until we're heading out to the game! You take care yourself and enjoy the snow/freezing rain because I know you are loving it! :)