The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Ichigo-0

=-Offical NFL Thread=-

Notice I took the rings off my sig out of respect for the Panther's fans. Never even thought that might cause some hard feelings :?.

No no, there's no hard feelings (against you, that is... your team, another story). While that Super Bowl was obviously very painful for us Panthers fans, the Patriots are your team, so you have every right to be proud of those rings. You certainly didn't have to take them down.

That was the top number 1 most agonizing sporting events I have ever witnessed in my life.

That Super Bowl came down to whoever had the ball in possession last if I remember correctly.

That was one of the best all time games I have ever seen. Along with Denver winning 31-24 over Green Bay and the Rams vs Titans when Dyson was tackled on the 1 yard line with Stl up 23-16 :thumb:

i really hate all these teams... cant we just put boise state in the super bowl?

I don't care who wins, just so long as it ISN'T the Pats.

BILLS FOR SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS 2007! :mrgreen:

i really hate all these teams... cant we just put boise state in the super bowl?

BILLS FOR SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS 2007! :mrgreen:

It is nice to Dream LOL

I can Say Broncos Champs but know it would take a miracle, just like it would for the Bills

I want to see New Orleans win. Would be a great story. I have never heard of anyone hating the Saints. It is like hating the Texans, why?

I thought they were a classy team. Guess not. On top of being classless, it's like Shawne Merriman said... they've won three Super Bowls. You've been there before, so act like it.

But it's okay for Merriman to do that silly dance of his? He's got how many sacks? ACT LIKE YOU'VE BEEN THERE BEFORE!

I hate to back the Patriots on anything, but I have NO problem with New England doing the Merriman dance after they won that game yesterday. Merriman opens himself up for mocking by doing the dance in the first place. You don't want New England dancing? BEAT THEM! The Chargers unfortunately didn't. But I can understand how Tomlinson was upset about it, especially considering how he was CLEARLY the best player on the field yesterday and left with nothing to show for it.

If the Aints win the Super-Bowl then I really think the NFL was rigged this year.

Ya mean you didn't after a team named the "PATRIOTS" won the Super Bowl four months after 9/11?

I never thought of that.

Best news I've heard all day

Tell me about it! "A very difficult decision", ha ha. Riiiiiight. :lol:

I'm sure Henning was a nice guy and all, but seriously....the way our offense "produced" with such players as DeAngelo Williams, Keyshawn Johnson, Mike Wahle, Jordan Gross, and some guy named Steve Smith, you gotta wonder how we COULDN'T be in the top 15 in the league in scoring. But Henning proved that it CAN be done. :P He proved that normal average Joe fans sitting at homes everywhere CAN predict a good 75% percent of the plays he's calling. He proved to us that there IS a coordinator in this league who dares to call a draw play on 3rd and long - at least 3 times a game.

I know a lot of nice guys too, but that doesn't make them adequate Off. Coordinators. :?

If the Aints win the Super-Bowl then I really think the NFL was rigged this year.

How can you dislike a franchise that has been ravaged by the horrid things after Hurricane Katrina

Sorry Panther fans, but the Saints Likeable to a lot of the Nation.

I thought they were a classy team. Guess not. On top of being classless, it's like Shawne Merriman said... they've won three Super Bowls. You've been there before, so act like it.

But it's okay for Merriman to do that silly dance of his? He's got how many sacks? ACT LIKE YOU'VE BEEN THERE BEFORE!

I hate to back the Patriots on anything, but I have NO problem with New England doing the Merriman dance after they won that game yesterday. Merriman opens himself up for mocking by doing the dance in the first place. You don't want New England dancing? BEAT THEM! The Chargers unfortunately didn't. But I can understand how Tomlinson was upset about it, especially considering how he was CLEARLY the best player on the field yesterday and left with nothing to show for it.

I agree with you on this one. Merriman shot his mouth all week and got what he deserved.

I like LT, but He was out of line on this one.

I agree with you on this one. Merriman shot his mouth all week and got what he deserved.

I'm also in this camp. I can't stand any of the showboating that goes on in the NFL but Merriman does not get a pass for this one. I understand LT's beef but calling out the Pats and their coach in a press conference just made him look bad. And he's usually a class act.

I'm also in this camp. I can't stand any of the showboating that goes on in the NFL but Merriman does not get a pass for this one. I understand LT's beef but calling out the Pats and their coach in a press conference just made him look bad. And he's usually a class act.

How can you dislike a franchise that has been ravaged by the horrid things after Hurricane Katrina

Sorry Panther fans, but the Saints Likeable to a lot of the Nation.

I would explain but somepeople would get mad.

You dont hate the Saints?

How can you hate a team that has never even sniffed a big game before?

its not that I hate the saints it's just the fact that my neighbor is a diehard saints fan and ill never hear the end of it if they win.

In other Panther-related news...

DAN HENNING FIRED!!!! WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/spo...rs/16466213.htm

Man, it almost feels like we've won the Super Bowl! :lol:

DUDE! I had no idea! You have made my day... thank you for this spectacular news!

WOW I will drink to that news myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and I dislike the saints as well, I think they got talent, great players, Brees, reggie, duece, colston....

All who pose a threat to the panthers next season...

I won't say I HATE them, but certainly dislike, and not really sure why. Maybe its because I don't want to be guilted into liking the team just because of Katrina.

I'm sick of the Pats Colts crap....it's getting old. I think Peyton will beat Tom this time around, cause the game is in Indy.

As for the NFC, the Saints are going to trounce the bears. The bears offensively can not match up to the Saints. And I think the Saints can over power the struggling Bears D.

Therefore, Colts vs Saints in the Big Game. And despite a good game, the colts win on a manning touchdown...RUN. That's right, RUN. Manning does it with his feet. And he finally gets that ring.

I won't say I like them for the whole Katrina thing, although that is part of the reason I want them to win it all. The main reason? NFC South representation. With their win last week, that means every NFC South team has played for the NFC title in the last five years (we've done it two times 8)). That's awesome.

I think the colts will finally beat the Pats in the AFC championship. Peyton Manning is just to good. And I really don't like the saints, so I think the bears will win the NFC. Adam Vinateri kicks the winning field goal in the super bowl, and the colts finnaly win it all.