Ichigo-0

=-Offical NFL Thread=-

I am going to try to be optomistic

Bronoco 28 Chargers 27

For Slapper and Top

Pats 21 Miami 20

for Panther fans

Panters 24 Giants 21

Whew, thats gonna be tight :(. With the way the Canes are playing, I really could use a solid win by my Pats this weekend. But I do hope you're right Medford.

I guess it was ugly all around for us Top and Slapper. :Oops:

For me it is wait until next year, for you and Slapper, if the Pats do not stop turning it over, they will struggle to beat the Houston Texans next week.

As for the Panthers, Chris Weinke is not good IMHO.

My team is bad as well, so do not feel bad.

Also I have a chance to win a pool tonight if the Bears win by 7 and the score is 42 or under.

So go Bears win 20-10 for me. :D

Then I guess that makes me a nobody! :Oops::lol:

On a Panthers note:

Well, I'll give Weinke one more chance to put together a semblence of an adequate game and NOT throw so many interceptions (much like the chance(s) I gave Delhomme) - but obviously, the problem with this team is FAR deeper than just the QB position and Off. Coordinator (though those DEFINITELY need to be addressed somehow - pep talk, replacements, something). Jenkins and Rucker are not what they used to be, our linebacker, safety, and now cornerback positions are VERY thin and/or old - and that's just the defense! And our offensive line is just that - offensive.

At least we have among the best punter/kicker combos in the league! :roll:

As a neutral observer, I would not hold my breath on Weinke. Better hope Dellome gets better in a hurry. :Oops:

As a neutral observer, I would not hold my breath on Weinke. Better hope Dellome gets better in a hurry. :Oops:

I can definitely see why you'd say that....my only issue is that, if his earlier "healthy" play is any indication of what is to return once his thumb heals, then I honestly don't think it matters who our quarterback is.

Even if our QB DOES play good, it's very likely someone else on the team (defense, o-line, etc.) will just stink it up enough to make us lose the game anyway.

Yeah, I'm getting really negative and defeated about this team this season - it's reminding me too much of the 1-15 season, only with better players and less heart. :Oops:

I can definitely see why you'd say that....my only issue is that, if his earlier "healthy" play is any indication of what is to return once his thumb heals, then I honestly don't think it matters who our quarterback is.

Even if our QB DOES play good, it's very likely someone else on the team (defense, o-line, etc.) will just stink it up enough to make us lose the game anyway.

Yeah, I'm getting really negative and defeated about this team this season - it's reminding me too much of the 1-15 season, only with better players and less heart. :Oops:

Jake could have easily thrown the same interceptions, not saying much though, id rather have delhomme in the game if he is healthy. At any rate, I think we are toast this season.

On a mentioned note what is with all the steeler fans in NC?? Does that make any sense? I know there are a few relocated people from pitts here, but not as many as their are steeler fans. EVERY day I see 3-4 people with steeler banners on their cars.

I think there are Steelers fans pretty much everywhere.

Hmm, thats interesting, I didn't think they were a popular team to root for outside of Penn. but I guess I was wrong. I never liked them ;)

I'd have to agree - usually, your historic franchises (Dallas, Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Oakland) tend to have a much more spread out fan base, for no reason other than "that's who my dad/brother liked" or "I know a guy who knows a guy who really likes this team" or "my favorite player used to play for them" or "they won a Super Bowl in ____" - never because they actually had any dealings with the team's location in question at all. Sad reasons to me, but to each their own. :lol:

I'm with you though, Ichigo - it annoys me too! :D

I'd have to agree - usually, your historic franchises (Dallas, Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Oakland) tend to have a much more spread out fan base, for no reason other than "that's who my dad/brother liked" or "I know a guy who knows a guy who really likes this team" or "my favorite player used to play for them" or "they won a Super Bowl in ____" - never because they actually had any dealings with the team's location in question at all. Sad reasons to me, but to each their own. :lol:

I'm with you though, Ichigo - it annoys me too! :D

Here is an outsiders take on rooting for Non-home teams.

First off we are in the televison and satellite age, you can basically see any team play at any time.

My situation was I liked Hartford in the 1980s and stuck with them even through the move to Carolina

For being a Bronco fan, in the early 1980s the Patriots (I live in Bos) were a joke. They were constantly blacked out and I just latched onto Denver becuase as a kid I loved the orange jerseys. Then Elway came and the rest was history.

As for Pitt fans. I would not have a problem with it beacuse havent the Carolina Panthers only been around since 1995. Who do/did you root for pre-1995?

Just an honest observation. :D

You have to consider the demographics of this area too. There are so many transplants that live here. When we went a superbowl party for the Pats/Panthers a couple of years ago, there were just as many Pats fans as Panther fans there.

I love living here in this melting pot of sports fans. I will say that the Hurricanes are the one local sports team that draws support from all fans, no matter where they came from.

Now, if we can just get more of them to buy tickets!

You have to consider the demographics of this area too. There are so many transplants that live here. When we went a superbowl party for the Pats/Panthers a couple of years ago, there were just as many Pats fans as Panther fans there.

I love living here in this melting pot of sports fans. I will say that the Hurricanes are the one local sports team that draws support from all fans, no matter where they came from.

Now, if we can just get more of them to buy tickets!

[Here is an outsiders take on rooting for Non-home teams.

First off we are in the televison and satellite age, you can basically see any team play at any time.

My situation was I liked Hartford in the 1980s and stuck with them even through the move to Carolina

For being a Bronco fan, in the early 1980s the Patriots (I live in Bos) were a joke. They were constantly blacked out and I just latched onto Denver becuase as a kid I loved the orange jerseys. Then Elway came and the rest was history.

As for Pitt fans. I would not have a problem with it beacuse havent the Carolina Panthers only been around since 1995. Who do/did you root for pre-1995?

Just an honest observation. :D

Thanks for that - to answer your question, I guess I became a football fan at the same time the Panthers came to town, actually. :lol: Since there wasn't a team here before that, I really didn't care before! I guess that's why I have always had such a hard time fathoming liking a team you have no geographical dealings with. :Oops: But your perspective certainly makes a lot of sense, and I slapping myself mentally for not thinking of that sooner. :P Not everyone on here is as young as I!

I am going to say

for me Broncos 23 Cards 17'

for topshelf and slapper

Pats 24 Texans 17

for everyone else

Carolina 24 Pitt 20 (only if Dellome plays, if not I will not pick what Weikne will do)

Also for the one charger fan Chargers 34 Chiefs 21. LT scores 2 more tds.

I'll be thankful for the Pats taking Houston, but what about the Jets? I'll be rooting for the Vikings too. I agree, I think the Panthers will win too.

Good luck to all....except the Texans :wink:.

I'll be thankful for the Pats taking Houston, but what about the Jets? I'll be rooting for the Vikings too. I agree, I think the Panthers will win too.

Good luck to all....except the Texans :wink:.

I am going to say

for topshelf and slapper

Pats 24 Texans 17

for everyone else

Carolina 24 Pitt 20 (only if Dellome plays, if not I will not pick what Weikne will do)

What about me?

I am going to say

for topshelf and slapper

Pats 24 Texans 17

for everyone else

What about me?

Na Na Na Na,Hey Hey Hey...goodbye byebye.gif

I am going to say

for topshelf and slapper

Pats 24 Texans 17

for everyone else

What about me?

Na Na Na Na,Hey Hey Hey...goodbye byebye.gif

..bi..bills shutout...the dolphins...?

yeah. what now biatch? Bills just PWNT the fish....we're 7-7 baby...and still "mathematically" in the playoffs. Thats right kids. The Bills are coming along, and JP is offically our QB of the future.

And all those "experts" picked Buffalo to have 3 wins tops, and draft Brady Quinn. psh.

i BILLieve!!!

:mrgreen: :D :-) :):lol: 8) :mrgreen: :) :-) :D :mrgreen: 8) :) :-) :D

Congrats Medford, Broncos get it done for you.

I think maybe you were a tad bit conservative with the Pats/Houston game :mrgreen:. Unfortunately though, the Jets also won and have become quite the thorn in our side.

As far as the Panthers go, not good. Does anyone else think that Dellhome has already played his last game in Carolina? They have a big problem to fix for next season.

Congrats Medford, Broncos get it done for you.

I think maybe you were a tad bit conservative with the Pats/Houston game :mrgreen:. Unfortunately though, the Jets also won and have become quite the thorn in our side.

As far as the Panthers go, not good. Does anyone else think that Dellhome has already played his last game in Carolina? They have a big problem to fix for next season.