The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
djharley

EXPECTATIONS?

Unfortunately my expectations are where they have always been, 9th place. I was hoping they would start a run after the deadline, but they look like the same old .500 team. Granted the Rangers have been looking weak, and the Buffalo and Atlanta games still leave us a chance to turn it around, but right now I'm just not seeing the energy I would expect a team in their position to have. It's right there for the taking, but you can't wait until April to turn it up. With the way things are going 86-87 points might do it but there are other teams that seem to want it more. I hope I'm wrong.

At this point in the season my expectations for performance are higher than in October. Like many, I was glad to see gradual improvement through the AS Break. Since then the team has hit a plateau and not improved enough. IMO they have improved, but just not enough nor with results to show for it. Despite constant opportunity and challenge they have failed to break through to success.

There is still time to break into the next level of development, but the games are running out. I still think this team can make the Playoffs, but it will take maximum effort from players to coaches to get there. In recent games I haven't seen the urgency and desire I'd expect at this point. Collectively they haven't convinced many of us they can do it, but it would be sweet if they do.

14 Games to go and they still control their fate. Come on Canes, get there!

Was that u manwolf?:).. i agree 100 percent with what u said.. good post..we have to get back to controlling our destiny, but for upteenth time, i still say it comes down to final week and weekend, so hold on to ur hats!

Yes that loss last night was disappointing. But we are still 2 points out with a game in hand on NY.

I think that right now is a key time for a run. Columbus is traveling to us also having played last night. If we can take care of business, and find some way on two days rest to steal one in Buffalo, we have home games vs. Toronto and two feckless teams: NYI, Ottawa.

After that, we have some pretty good teams to beat.

If we don't take at least 4/5 of these next ones it is going to be tough.

Stillman has been a very nice little addition and a deadline move that fit the profile of not giving anything up for the playoffs.

Allen, not so in love with him yet.

JR and PK have decided to make the usual "small" moves and see what happens for the playoffs. With all the picks/prospects JR has, he surely better make some moves off season.