The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

NFL Thread 2013

Couldn't retrieve the old thread so here's a new one.

Panthers Fans are hurting this year and things look pretty gloomy, just a matter of time before the coach gets fired but I don't think it'll be enough for this season :(

Jets look like the class of the AFC East but if the young Pats defense gets it's act together, they should be able to challenge for the division. With Randy Moss just traded to Brett Favre I mean the Vikings :lol: , Wes Welker and the kids better keep their heads up. Offense doesn't worry me if they stay healthy but the defense can look awesome one minute and downright awful the next.

Big gamble by Belichick to oust Moss but if you believe what's being said in the Boston media, like Manny Ramirez, he had to go. At least they get 2 picks in the first four rounds for him.

TSA, They don't even need to fire Fox just smile and wave as he walks out the door. He's in the last year of his contract and since firing him mid season probably wont help, just let him finish out the year and then hire someone else. Of course with the way the team operates they will probably win against Chicago and then sign him to an extension during the bye week while we all go HUH?

It's been a crazy year so far, only 5 teams above .500 in the NFC with what seems like 8 teams at 2-2. Even at 0-4 the Panthers are not quite out of the mix yet, but the wins need to come soon and fast since 3 of the five winning teams are in the NFC South with Atlanta and NO at 3-1 and TB who was idle last week at 2-1. Right now 2-2 is winning the West and East divisions while 3-1 is a wildcard.

Edited by ericncsu

Oh, and we just sent Mr. Jarret (sp?) packing. What a waste he has been since we drafted him. QB situation is dire at best. Claussen looked like a deer in the headlights for most of the game vs the saints. Not saying he won't be good, but he has a lot to learn, and no veteran QB there to help him out. Fox, probably won't be back. Unless we have another 8-8 season, then he gets a 3 year contract.

Vikes got Moss back...don't know whether to jump for joy or not. It's a desperate season for sure.

The Vikes needed something, so he can't hurt. I'm actually going to see them play Dallas the following week. The Dome should be rockin' for Moss' first home game! Hope the smell of mothballs from all those old 84 jerseys dug out from deep in the closets doesn't knock me out! B)

Edited by Red_Storm

I dont think Favre has the arm to keep up with Moss and think Moss will bust. However I think with just the threat of a deep ball Harvin and Shiancoe are going to reap serious rewards.

Panthers are in deep ... Clausen has more then just learning how to be a NFL QB he needs NFL skill and the kid don't have it. He looks about as bad as Jason Campbell, how long will the Panthers take to figure that out though? Took the skins 2 seasons...painful seasons...

The Vikes needed something, so he can't hurt. I'm actually going to see them play Dallas the following week. The Dome should be rockin' for Moss' first home game! Hope the smell of mothballs from all those old 84 jerseys dug out from deep in the closets doesn't knock me out! B)

Oh sweet! Have fun man; that should be an awesomeee experience! It'll definitely be neat seeing what Favre and Moss can do together...our season is still in some trouble though. Brutal schedule coming up. Brutal.

Oh, and we just sent Mr. Jarret (sp?) packing. What a waste he has been since we drafted him. QB situation is dire at best. Claussen looked like a deer in the headlights for most of the game vs the saints. Not saying he won't be good, but he has a lot to learn, and no veteran QB there to help him out. Fox, probably won't be back. Unless we have another 8-8 season, then he gets a 3 year contract.

That's funny, I told my buddy at work, we will win against Chicago and he will get an extension during the bye even at 1-4. I do wonder sometimes about the management of this team. I think Fox is a great coach but he just can't produce. They have missed the same stability that's been haunting the Canes. Superbowl one year, no playoffs the next, conference championship game one year, no playoffs the next etc etc.

I still think they made the Clausen/Moore switch too early, but I think there is possibly an issue with Moore being injured and it really hasn't made news since he's benched. I could tell when he came in relief the first two games, Clausen has the talent and the intelligence, he doesn't throw many picks, he doesn't take sacks, he throws the ball away if he needs to, but he is raw with no experience. Yes, you have to play to gain experience, but a year on the sidelines with a clipboard is not a bad thing. It's done wonders for Philip Rivers.

I hope the Carolina defense is watching tape from the NYG game and licking their chops. Cutler is out. We have a small chance to actually pull off the win.

Who would have thought the Chiefs would be undefeated? Some very interesting storylines already this season.

hi everyone, ,long time nygiant fan here, defense has looked like 2007 defense last 2 games, cant afford a let down against detroit, with a visit to dallas before bye..i missed 2nd half of jets-vikes.. guess moss looked like old moss, and brett.. well hes in a boat load of trouble i think..dinz

hi everyone, ,long time nygiant fan here, defense has looked like 2007 defense last 2 games, cant afford a let down against detroit, with a visit to dallas before bye..i missed 2nd half of jets-vikes.. guess moss looked like old moss, and brett.. well hes in a boat load of trouble i think..dinz

Oh man, do you know the painful memories a phrase like "boat load of trouble" brings up for a Vikings fan? :facepalm2:

Sort of like saying "Joe Pisarcik" to a Giants fan! :)

So Buffalo and Carolina are the only two Winless teams left.

Meanwhile the Jets continuing to build on their run last season.

Hey now, no love for the Brady bunch? Welcome home Dione Branch.

Hey now, no love for the Brady bunch? Welcome home Dione Branch.

branch hasnt missed a beat, chargers if they dont have gates will have trouble winninga t home.. oh yea the fumble, herm edwards scooped it up, think it was 1978 or 79?? giants can put dallas away, this monday night, hakeem nicks questionable, hes turning into quite a receiver, , from NORTH CAROLINA.. and brett back to g.b, dont think here in mass we are getting that game.. bummer..

Yuck. If I'm the Patriots I'd take my win and run as far away from SD as I could. Glad they got the win but it was about as ugly a win as you can get. After 4 SD turnovers in the 1st half the Pats should have buried the Chargers but instead, they let them back in the game and almost lost in the final drive. They were lucky SD took that penalty pushing them back a few more yards for the final field goal because if not, they'd have lost in OT with the way the game was going.

That said, I'm glad I'm not a Buffalo Bills fan. They could seriously end up with 0 wins this season.

Congrats to the Panthers fans :woohoo:

Is it me or is Welker a complete non factor since the Moss deal? Trust me I'd know he's on my fantasy team and he's never open now.

I wouldn't say non factor but he's definitely not doing what he did when Moss was there.

I wouldn't say non factor but he's definitely not doing what he did when Moss was there.

That single trade destroyed my fantasy team. I had moss and welker and both royally suck now :)

Tried to put some cash in the investment bank of the Patroits and got burned. Shoulda known....shoulda known...

Cowboys&Wade Phillips=Toast

San Diego also not playing well, but me thinks they're not completely dead yet. They usually play their best towards the end of the regular season.

Houston looking like they might finally make the playoffs for the first time ever.

Edited by captain_jack88

San Diego's handling of Ryan Mathews is mind boggling, they continue to push Tolbert who'se just a fullback as thier half back. If they got their head out thier butts and played Matthews the entire game and evened out the pass to rush ratio I think they'd win alot more.

Norv Turner is baffling...

The Cowboys are done and the only reason Jerry Jones doesnt can Philips is because it's already to late.

That single trade destroyed my fantasy team. I had moss and welker and both royally suck now :)

Tried to put some cash in the investment bank of the Patroits and got burned. Shoulda known....shoulda known...

Better? :)

Anyone else hear Moss's post game press conference? Yikes. :shakeshead:

And what was up with Favre's injury? One minute he's getting carted off the field half passed out with someone holding his jaw together and the next minute he's at a press conference saying he's fine after getting 8 stitches for a laceration? Wow, the Vikings really are a mess.

Edit: The Vikings sent Randy Moss packing today :o

Guess they didn't appreciate his ode to the Patriots and the Hoodie.

Better? :)

Anyone else hear Moss's post game press conference? Yikes. :shakeshead:

And what was up with Favre's injury? One minute he's getting carted off the field half passed out with someone holding his jaw together and the next minute he's at a press conference saying he's fine after getting 8 stitches for a laceration? Wow, the Vikings really are a mess.

Edit: The Vikings sent Randy Moss packing today :o

Guess they didn't appreciate his ode to the Patriots and the Hoodie.

Brad Childress should be FIRED, and this coming from a Vikes fan. Reacquiring Moss was his idea, he knew what came with it, and now he cuts him. Season is such a disaster so far.

Brad Childress should be fired for letting a guy with elbow tendonitis, 2 fractures in his foot and personal problems beyond all control play a football game. Is T. Jackson that frickin bad?

Brad Childress should be FIRED, and this coming from a Vikes fan. Reacquiring Moss was his idea, he knew what came with it, and now he cuts him. Season is such a disaster so far.

As the other Vikings fan here, I agree. In fact, what should happen is Childress gets fired immediately and the Cowboys hire him! That would be a twofer (for a Vikings fan)! :)

The Moss situation is bizarre. Feel bad for the vendors in Minnesota, I was up there the other weekend for the Cowboys game and stores everywhere had re-stocked with Moss t-shirts and jerseys for sale at premium prices. Probably back to heavily discounted now!