The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

NFL Thread 2013

The Giants deserved to win that game without question. The Patriots leading by one point after the first half was a gift. Wes Welker is going to have nightmares for months over that dropped pass. Congrats to Giants and their fans.

Luckily the sun came up this morning, Pitchers and Catchers report in 11 days..... :)

The Giants deserved to win that game without question. The Patriots leading by one point after the first half was a gift. Wes Welker is going to have nightmares for months over that dropped pass. Congrats to Giants and their fans.

Luckily the sun came up this morning, Pitchers and Catchers report in 11 days..... :)

curious if the boston globe has survived losing to the giants twice in the "big game" as it were (not wanting to be sued by the nfl)

Let me give you a little sample of what I'm reading this morning..... :o

Not so safety call: Blame Brady for this One

The legend is dead, the prince has turned back into a frog, and...well, use whatever other cliché you want.

A performance as bad as Tom Brady's tonight in Super Bowl XLVI deserves a lead just as lame.

Sorry, Tommy Boy, this one's on you. Your hideous performance led to the Giants' 21-17 Super Bowl title win. How embarrassing for your coach, your teammates, and your fans.

Read on...

In Save Situation, an Opportunity LostThis wasn’t just a game-saving situation. This was a Super Bowl-saving situation. The lead was 17-15. There was 3:46 remaining in the game. The Giants were 88 yards from a touchdown and perhaps 53 or so yards from a potential winning field goal. You can say the offense coulda/shoulda/woulda done more to hand over a bigger lead, but it is a team game, and now the defense had to do its job.

And it couldn’t. In a scenario eerily reminiscent of both Super Bowl XLII and the regular-season game of Nov. 6, the Patriots could not get Eli Manning and his offense off the field. The final score of Super Bowl XLVI last night was New York 21, New England 17, and the winning score was a rare conceded touchdown brought about because the Patriots did not want the Giants to run the clock down and kick a winning gimme field goal that would have left Tom Brady & Co. with no viable chance to come back.

Read on...

And from the lead page:

There is some good news . . .

By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff

INDIANAPOLIS — Brutal loss for the Patriots tonight.

Pitchers and catchers report in two short weeks. It's baseball season.

I think it's pretty ridiculous to blame Tom Brady and say he had a bad game when it was his receivers who couldn't bring in easy catches (by their standard). Did he make a bone-head play on their first possession? Yes. But the whole team made bone-head plays, and often... it was perhaps the most unprepared and sloppy I have ever seen a Super Bowl team look. The Giants were not an unbeatable team... Manning did well, but it wasn't an amazing performance. He was a lock for the MVP... but that is because there were no players who really stood out in the whole game. We were trying to figure out who deserved that honor at my party and we all struggled at a definitive most valuable player of the game until the final scoring drive.

Lackluster game, not what I wanted to see in a Super Bowl... and now I read that there was a halftime show controversy, too. I admit, we decided to watch 60 minutes instead, so I happily missed that.

Well jb, it looks like most, if not all of Partiot Nation agrees with you and the writer who called Tom Brady out posted an "apology" in the Globe today. Apparently he heard an earful from fans, players and his own peers who called him to the carpet. He is now officially the most hated reported in Boston.

Uncle - the Globe

Posted by Eric Wilbur, Boston.com Staff February 7, 2012 08:38 AM

To the hundreds that have demanded my immediate dismissal, the fan who hoped I got clipped by the Green Line, and even the Neanderthal who wished cancer upon me, I issue a mea culpa.

Clearly, I never intended Sunday night's column, written in the immediate aftermath of the Patriots' loss in Super Bowl XLVI, to garner quite the widespread attention - and negativity - it happened to find over the course of the next 24 hours. Despite what has been theorized out there in various circles, it was not premeditated, nor was it a "joke post." It wasn't a sparkling display by any means either.

As I've tried to convey, perhaps with illustrious failure, the over-the-top tone of the piece was intentional, meant to convey the frustration that Patriots fans had to be feeling after the crushing loss to the Giants. Despite what some have opined, the first stroke of the keyboard didn't take place until confetti was raining down on the turf at Lucas Oil Stadium. I intended to write something while the emotions were still bubbling, creating a destination where Pats fans could vent their own frustrations over another devastating Super Bowl loss.

It backfired. Tremendously.

Full article here

I've been waiting for the chance to use the backpeddling smiley and here it is :lol:

:backpeddling:

What about what Mrs. Brady supposedly said? Should there be any backpeddling there too???

LETS GO RED SOX!!!!!

Haha supposedly? I don't know about that one, sounded loud and clear to me! She needs to send all of Brady's receivers very nice Valentine's Day gifts ;)

Such drama.... just keeping the press distracted from the drama that is the Red Sox :lol:

Haha supposedly? I don't know about that one, sounded loud and clear to me! She needs to send all of Brady's receivers very nice Valentine's Day gifts ;)

Such drama.... just keeping the press distracted from the drama that is the Red Sox :lol:

Sorry, I forgot to put this in my comment. ( :sarcasmalert: )

Guest tradedeadline

I thought it was a great game. Everyone in New England seems to be pointing fingers and assigning blame but the Pats have nothing to be ashamed of.

I thought it was a great game. Everyone in New England seems to be pointing fingers and assigning blame but the Pats have nothing to be ashamed of.

Only the media, the fans (at least the ones I know) all agree NY deserved the win.

Madonna wasn't awful :)

Haha am I a bad fan if I think this headline in Boston Media is hilarious? :lol:

Reports: Tom and Gisele Ate Fried Chicken and Drank Beer at Halftime

BDD_SB_screaming_mac.jpg

I don't much care for either team but that was a damn good game. The commercials were nothing special although the one with the running dog in shoes with Mark Cuban at the end made me laugh.

Anyone care to guess who wins the Peyton Manning sweepstakes? The guy has had an awesome career but is one injury away to a catastrophic ending, I wonder which team is willing to take that risk? Two teams that immediately come to mind...NY Jets and the Miami Dolphins. I guess we'll see.

Very emotional press conference to announce he won't be returning to Indy. Can't say I blame Indy though, after last season they cant afford to take that risk again.

Manning is a classy guy, I hope he doesn't make the wrong choice by continuing to play.

Story in Yahoo Sports:

Peyton Manning leaves a generous tip, server gets fired for posting a photograph of the bill

eli has come a long way, and i guess i have. For a few years, my one step son-in-law said Eli wsnt a elite qb.. i think now, that he is.. But last month for a family bday event , i didnt even bring up game, i let eli and my giants do the talking.. and god knows, i love a good argument per say, lol

jb, hope u dont mind i stole ur pic , for my avatar.. :groupwave:

I see Peyton going to miami, pats need a team to compete against, they may play better come playoff time..Also, i bet wayne ends up there too..

eli has come a long way, and i guess i have. For a few years, my one step son-in-law said Eli wsnt a elite qb.. i think now, that he is.. But last month for a family bday event , i didnt even bring up game, i let eli and my giants do the talking.. and god knows, i love a good argument per say, lol

jb, hope u dont mind i stole ur pic , for my avatar.. :groupwave:

I see Peyton going to miami, pats need a team to compete against, they may play better come playoff time..Also, i bet wayne ends up there too..

No, not at all, in fact that's why I put stuff on the net - so people can use it.

Last night was crazy... the Redskins trade 3 first round picks and a second round pick for St. Louis' first round pick!!! MADNESS! Then, Mark Sanchez gets a crazy extension (three-year extension for $58.25 million).

And Manning might be playing for Miami before the week is over...

I heard on NESN last night Miami being referred to as a circus and the LA Lakers East with all the hollywood hoopla. They felt that Manning wouldn't like that but he has had some extended talks with the Broncos. What would that do to Tebow mania?

Redskins are nuts unless they know something the rest of the world doesn't know. Once Sanchez got that extension (as a Pats fan I like that :) ), that was the end of both Manning brothers in NY.

The brass in Washington think that RGIII is the next Cam Newton... I don't see it, personally. They sold out big time to get him. Sink or swim, he's going to be their franchise QB of the future.

RG3 probably isn't going to thrive in Washington as long as that doofus of an owner they have is running the show.

Yeah, he's like the Brian Burke of the NFL. They've been throwing money around like politicians so far in FA. It will be interesting to see with their Dream Team will be more successful than Philadelphia's of last year.

I can't wait for the Carolina Panthers vs Washington Redskins game this season. That will be a prime time game, for sure.

Wow, Denver Broncos won the Peyton Manning sweepstakes. No more Tebow time? Denver could have just made a huge $ mistake. Manning was great but there's no guarantee he'll be great again and stay injury free. Tim Tebow captured the hearts of not only fans from Denver but from around the league. He was money in the bank and excitement on the field, guess the Broncos front office didn't think he had what it takes to get them there.

Funniest and down right bad comments I've read thus far.

"i bet Tebow didnt expect to lose his v-card this way"

"Tebow prayed for the Broncos to win the Super Bowl this year. God sent them Peyton Manning. "