The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

NFL Thread 2013

"Tebow prayed for the Broncos to win the Super Bowl this year. God sent them Peyton Manning. "

:lol:

Peyton Manning signs for $96 mil, hope the neck holds up its part of the bargain.

Tim Tebow rumored to be considered by Jax and ........ the Patriots :o

Tim Tebow to the Jets, the AFC East just got a little more interesting......poor Mark Sanchez although he was never able to get it done. I just don't see NY and especially the Jets as a good fit for Tebow.

Saints and their coach get crushed by Roger Goodell. The NFL suspended both the Saints coach Sean Payton for a year and GM Mickey Loomis for eight games. Loomis also was fined $500,000. The team lost two second round picks and was fined $500,000.

Message sent.

Tim Tebow to the Jets, the AFC East just got a little more interesting......poor Mark Sanchez although he was never able to get it done. I just don't see NY and especially the Jets as a good fit for Tebow.

There has to be another move coming. I'm not sure in NY who is in a worse situation Sanchez or Tebow.

There has to be another move coming. I'm not sure in NY who is in a worse situation Sanchez or Tebow.

Rex Ryan :grin:

Players trying to injure other players to make gains on other teams has been going on since the sport was invented. I give this one big MEH....

A very sad story about Seau. He was one of the best linebackers to ever play IMO.

Boston University Brain Injury Research Institute race to study dead player's brain

The stakes are high: By studying Seau’s gray matter, the researchers could determine if he suffered from chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), a brain-destroying disease that has been linked to the deaths of Pittsburgh Steelers Hall of Famer Mike Webster, Philadelphia Eagles safety Andre Waters and numerous other athletes.

“Either they get it or we get it,” Bailes said Thursday before the Seau family told BIRI it would donate Junior’s brain to the Boston researchers. Bailes said it could help researchers determine if genetics play a role in CTE, or whether concussions — as opposed to repeated, but less serious, blows to the head — are necessary to bring on CTE.

Read More

I'm pretty disappointed with all this... I'm not going to cry over a guy who punched his own ticket, which it seems is the case. It's hard to imagine someone so strong being so weak. He seemed like a good guy and was a great player, I was a fan for a long long time. But I am going to wait until all the details are in before I really make an opinion about all this. I'm glad he donated his brain to help with research, though I don't see much coming from it - the concussions are not going to go away as long as tackling is part of football.

When someone takes their own life its not a sign off weakness, its a sign of mental illness. Something has to have gone seriously wrong for someone to think that taking their own life is the only answer. Hopefully all this research will someday help these athletes that have had multiple head traumas and end up battling severe illness.

Refs are terrible, its not really their fault, but it just goes to show how good the real ones are. Hope the NFL can get it worked out soon before someone gets seriously hurt due to a blown call or the refs not taking charge of the game.

How about them Falcons! :thumbsup2:

With New Orleans 0-3, and Carolina and Tampa Bay up-and-down teams, I don't see anybody beating us out for the Division title.

If we can stay relatively healthy, they will be a tough team to beat every week.

I'm happy.

Yeah, the Failcons seem like the real-deal this season... congrats to them, Coastal and the rest of the Atlanta fans. I know you're a division rival, but I'm kinda pulling for you to go all the way - since Carolina doesn't look as good as expected. Not saying I'm going to cheer for you guys, but I wont be upset if you win the Lombardi this season, and Atlanta is probably #1 in my power rankings.

What's up with Arizona? I thought they'd be at the bottom of the league this season.

TSA needs to get Brady to do something for me... I got him again in my fantasy football league (second consecutive year) and he hasn't done much for me lately. It's all good though, I'm 3-0 and I don't see any trouble on the horizon for a few weeks.

This season has been interesting to say the least, so far...

Yeah, the Failcons seem like the real-deal this season... congrats to them, Coastal and the rest of the Atlanta fans. I know you're a division rival, but I'm kinda pulling for you to go all the way - since Carolina doesn't look as good as expected. Not saying I'm going to cheer for you guys, but I wont be upset if you win the Lombardi this season, and Atlanta is probably #1 in my power rankings.

What's up with Arizona? I thought they'd be at the bottom of the league this season.

TSA needs to get Brady to do something for me... I got him again in my fantasy football league (second consecutive year) and he hasn't done much for me lately. It's all good though, I'm 3-0 and I don't see any trouble on the horizon for a few weeks.

This season has been interesting to say the least, so far...

Its not Brady, last night was on the defense (and the replacement refs). Pats are a young team and will get better each week. Losing Aaron Hernandez has really hurt. Last week was on the offense :(

Love this shot:

belichickbill924finn.jpg

Side note: I was actually happy to see Torrey Smith (Ravens) get that touchdown last night. Must have taken everything he had just to get dressed after learning his brother was killed early that morning in a motorcycle accident.

^ hilarious!

So no fine or suspension for Billicheck after he grabbed a fill-in official?! What's up with that? If it were a real official he'd be in stadium-jail.

^ hilarious!

So no fine or suspension for Billicheck after he grabbed a fill-in official?! What's up with that? If it were a real official he'd be in stadium-jail.

Its still under review as far as I read today but they also have incidents with 6 other coaches to review also. If I were the league, I'd be spending my time trying to get the real refs back before the players kill each other....literally. At least the coaches aren't looking to "take anyone out" of the game.

Yeah, but Goodell needs to nip this in the bud - fine the coaches for their illegal contact. The rule doesn't change because the refs are sub-par.

I agree, but these refs can't seem to take control of the game from the kickoff. It's all dominoes after that.

NHL = :couch:

Yeah, but Goodell needs to nip this in the bud - fine the coaches for their illegal contact. The rule doesn't change because the refs are sub-par.

Here you go jb:

Pat's Belichick fined $50,000 for touching ref

RedSkins Shanahan fined $25,000 for berating ref

and for even better news.....

Referee Union and NFL close to reaching a deal

(deal has to be agreed upon by end of today for it to go in effect by week #4)

git er' done!

get_r_done.jpg

I just realized how bad I butchered Belichick's name... it was too late and I was too tired to open a tab and do a quick Google search, no offense TSA.

I heard the good news today on the radio... the lock-out is over! Finally, the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra is back. Thanks so much random news-breaking radio reporter guy, I almost drove off the road after your on-air tease that one lock-out was over and the other was soon to follow. Guess I should have known better, the NHL gets NO attention by local media - never has.