The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

NFL Thread 2013

Jets and Yankees go down the same night.....life is good :)

Get it done O's!

Time for playoff predictions or should we wait till round 1 is decided?

The Falcons had better make some real noise in the playoffs this season... I'm not a Falcons fan, but for goodness sake, it's about time Atlanta has something to cheer about beyond the regular season of anything.

IT COULD HAPPEN.

Wild-card berth

The Giants can advance, but …

1) They have to beat Philadelphia.

2) They need Dallas to lose or tie against Washington.

3) They need Minnesota to lose to Green Bay.

4) They need Chicago to lose against Detroit.

:screwy:

x

IT COULD HAPPEN.

Ummmm, not this year. Nice of the Giants to give someone else a chance :)

Pats get the much needed bye, thank goodness. Love the snow bowl games :)

patriots_snowy3.jpg

Ummmm, not this year. Nice of the Giants to give someone else a chance :)

Pats get the much needed bye, thank goodness. Love the snow bowl games :)

patriots_snowy3.jpg

Good Luck to the Brady bunch.

I think they're going to need it, tough road ahead if they get the surging Colts. At least they know how to deal with Payton Manning :)

AFC divisional match ups all set:

Ravens/Broncos Sat 1/12 @ 4:30pm

Texans/Patriots Sun 1/13 @ 4:30pm

NFC not quite set yet but so far:

Packers/49ers Sat 1/12 @ 8pm

Falcons/Redskins or Seahawks Sun 1/13 @ 1pm

EDIT: in a strange turn of events, Mike Shanahan likely just ended the Redskins SuperBowl dreams and RG3's career.

Edited by TSA

Watching RG3 struggle with the injury and knowing there was a capable backup on the bench I couldn't understand Shanahan's reluctance to pull RG3. The injury that knocked him out looked awful. His leg going in an unnatural direction. At least he walked off. maybe it looked worse then it is. It would be a shame to lose a talent like he is....and I'm not a Redskin fan.

Watching RG3 struggle with the injury and knowing there was a capable backup on the bench I couldn't understand Shanahan's reluctance to pull RG3. The injury that knocked him out looked awful. His leg going in an unnatural direction. At least he walked off. maybe it looked worse then it is. It would be a shame to lose a talent like he is....and I'm not a Redskin fan.

I feel the same way and I could care less about the Redskins. It looked a lot like Tom Brady's knee injury a few years back when he tore his MCL and ACL and had full knee reconstruction. It took the entire season and summer for him to comeback but he did, thankfully. I'll be rooting for RG3 too.

I am from the UK, and know nothing about American Football. Luckily I picked Seattle to win!

Haha we'll see how you make out next week :)

I also know NOTHING about baseball, and picked the Cardinals to win the world series. My friends American son HATES me!!

Can you please pick the Red Sox to win it all this year then :)

Seattle will be a tough out, i see them beating atlanta, san-fran and seattle nfc championship game, dever-pats.. that hopefully will be a classic..

Seattle will be a tough out, i see them beating atlanta, san-fran and seattle nfc championship game, dever-pats.. that hopefully will be a classic..

I agree with your predictions. A Payton Manning/Tom Brady rematch will not disappoint.

Even without hockey and NFL playoffs I barely made it to half-time watching last weeks games, I don't know if I have become spoiled with hockey but football seems so boring lately. I think statistically, there are in the 3 1/2 hours the game last maybe 15 minutes of total action. Have the commercial breaks gotten even longer this season or am I just :screwy:

It's not easy carrying the first seed through the last weeks of the season. Ask Houston.

Houston peeked too early and the Pat's made them start doubting themselves after their first meet up. Pretty solid showing for the Falcons, 49ers will be tough but the Falcons have showed they're scared of no one. Ravens/Pats rematch should be good, though I wonder if the Ravens emptied the tank yesterday against the Broncos?