The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

NFL Thread 2013

Nice move by the Patriots, not only did they release him immediately upon his arrest but they're also letting fans trade in their Hernandez jerseys for a brand new one. 

Im going to stay active in here, im a huge  Nygiants fan,, and i havent  come in here much, , but will talk alot of football with you all this year..

Im going to stay active in here, im a huge  Nygiants fan,, and i havent  come in here much, , but will talk alot of football with you all this year..

Cool!  I can't wait for the season to start... it feels like such a LONG offseason.

Did any of you guys hear about this internet scandal around the NFL.com's "Greatest Uniform in NFL History" contest?  I believe the premise of the contest was a representative uniform from every current franchise competed against each other in 15 rounds.  Well, long story short, the 2012 Carolina Panthers "All-Black Alternate" uniform won in a landslide victory over the 49ers (CP - 1,000,000+ votes vs SF 100,000+ votes).  Well, the segment host Dave Dameshek (who basically encouraged voters to chose SF) and the NFL.com staff basically buried the contest after the results were in, never really acknowledged the win for Carolina (and the million+ fans who voted).  It's a stupid thing to get upset about in this context, but it's just the straw that broke the camel's back for some Panther fans who are tired of being the "Red-head step child" of the NFL.  So, thanks to modern cyber communication, there was a Twitter war between the Panther fanbase and this Dave Dameshek guy, in which he lost his cool and said some vulgar things about the Panthers and their fans.  It was quickly swept under the rug by the mighty NFL brass - his comments deleted but not forgotten.

As a Panthers fan I don't want our pure franchise to become a 'trend' team, like the Steelers, NE, Dallas, etc (sorry fans but you know it's true).  I like having an almost 'niche' fan base of true-die-hard fans who really know and appreciate football as the beautiful sport it is... small market has it's benefits as any Canes fan can see.  I mean, we appreciate the game and go to see the Canes play hockey... we don't go to get drunk and pick fights, or go because it's the socially beneficial thing to do - it's where you want to be seen, or go because there is nothing else to support.  It's honest and genuine love of the organization and the sport.  I like having that in Charlotte, too... but for goodness sake, it's hard being considered a second-class fan.

</rant>

TSA, I think pats should  become running team first[ I know, not the norm] till  the receivers  step up.. and defense  keeps improving..

TSA, I think pats should  become running team first[ I know, not the norm] till  the receivers  step up.. and defense  keeps improving..

Maybe that's where Tim Tebow will come in handy ;)

From what I've seen and read from training camp, Brady has some early chemistry with Amendola and guys like Edelman and Ridley should be healthy this season so there's that.  The hole that Wes Welker left will be tough to fill but maybe one of the young guys will step up and surprise.

JB: The Panthers have one of the best uniforms in the league, that's really a shame.

The Patriots are really good at finding hidden talent and making it work in their system.  I don't think I'd try to change their offensive strategy, but I'm not totally familiar with their current roster, so I'll leave that conversation to you guys.  What role do you think Tebow will have on the team?  Or more specifically, what position?

No idea what Tebow will actually do but he's played QB for the scrimmages.  Doesn' sound like he was too impressive but the guys all seem to love him and are supporting him.  We'll see....

Anyone know the best way to get tix to the Panthers?  I"m looking for Mon night tickets on 11/18.

I've been to about 6 games at BOA Stadium and I've gotten all my tickets through Ebay or Stubhub from season-ticket-holders who can't make it to the game.  I imagine that game will be harder to find tickets for considering it's the Patriots and on MNF.

Unfortunately the parking issue with BOA Stadium is not very good, because of it's location in the city there is a few parking decks but you'll have a better/easier time parking in a lot somewhere in the city and walking to the game.  Be careful doing this because the cheaper your parking - the farther away and the more shady your 'parking attendants' may be.  Of course there are horror stories of people coming back to their cars and finding them vandalized and abandoned by the so-called attendant.  It's probably better to just pay for an official parking lot instead of a guy with a sign.  PMC Arena parking has me spoiled.  That's an ideal system, though not perfect.

Parking in Charlotte is not fun.  In Atlanta it's a nightmare.

I'm not so sure I'm looking forward to this season :(Comon  TSA, its the  AFC  LEAST, but i do think Miami will be improved..

If not there should be... lets see..

I created one, the HFL (Hurricanes Forum League)

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/hurricanesforumleague

20 teams (19 spots open)

Working on the setup but draft will be in 16 days (Sun Aug 25 1:00pm EDT). Only rule is your name has to be hurricanes related, because its the HFL. Send me a PM with an email address and I will send the invite.

Also... I have a prize for league winner (or second place should I actually win... hint I probably wont...)

Edited by Ichigo-1

Are you ready for some football!!!!!!

Go PATS!

Is it too early for the Bring Back Tebow chant. ;) 

Is it too early for the Bring Back Tebow chant. ;)

Haha!  I wouldn't rule that out yet..........

Giants dont deserve to win with 6  turnovers,  Jacobs is back, to help Wilson with the fumbling, and to help with his pysche..Manning versus maniing sunday at 425.. must see  on cbs...   On a baseball note, My wife and i just back from Cooperstown yesterday, our  4th time there, such a nice, quiet town.. enjoyed it  so much.. If you ever get a  chance to go, i recommend it..

Thank goodness for the Red Sox making the playoffs because the Patriots look awful.  This is the first time in a long time I'm not excited about the new NFL season.

Thank goodness for the Red Sox making the playoffs because the Patriots look awful.  This is the first time in a long time I'm not excited about the new NFL season.

Replace "Red Sox" with Braves and "Patriots" with Panthers and this could have been my post.  Panthers lose two winnable games after leading in the fourth quarter... same ____ different year.