The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

NFL Thread 2013

Panthers next five games are against a combined 5-15 record teams, don't screw it up...

Knowing us and our luck we'll lose two or three of those by a combined two or three points.  Give away the lead late in the fourth... suffer key injuries to O-line or secondary... finish the season strong but too-little-too-late.  Sounds about right.  But, hopefully they will ride the 'positive waves' from the NYG spanking (sorry OBXer) and finish the season playing like they should.

Knowing us and our luck we'll lose two or three of those by a combined two or three points.  Give away the lead late in the fourth... suffer key injuries to O-line or secondary... finish the season strong but too-little-too-late.  Sounds about right.  But, hopefully they will ride the 'positive waves' from the NYG spanking (sorry OBXer) and finish the season playing like they should.

There is no apology needed. If ever there was a team that deserved to lose it is this edition of the NYG. Its not that I don't like the Panthers, I do. But  this neck of the NC woods is Redskin country so getting to watch the Panthers is difficult. On the other hand the Giants being from Gotham City get lots of TV coverage. I suppose I can stream the Panther games onto my TV but I have never fully given up the Giants.

I would be delighted to see the Panthers beat up on the Patriots in the Super Bowl. (sorry TSA)

There is no apology needed. If ever there was a team that deserved to lose it is this edition of the NYG. Its not that I don't like the Panthers, I do. But  this neck of the NC woods is Redskin country so getting to watch the Panthers is difficult. On the other hand the Giants being from Gotham City get lots of TV coverage. I suppose I can stream the Panther games onto my TV but I have never fully given up the Giants.

I would be delighted to see the Panthers beat up on the Patriots in the Super Bowl. (sorry TSA)

Yes!  I've been waiting patiently for that rematch since 2004.

Ah, I never thought about your Washington proximity.  Now I get why you are a Nationals fan.

You know I'm right here ;)

I want a rematch with the Giants, 3rd time has to be a charm right?

Dear Pats,

Thanks for beating Atlanta.

Sincerely,

A Panthers Fan

Well, that's becoming not too hard to do.  I guess it's back to 48 years of misery and counting for the Falcons. Ha, ha on me, I fell for it and got the Sunday Ticket package to not miss a game.

Hopefully, the Dawgs can salvage some of my football season.

Edited by coastal_caniac

Well, that's becoming not too hard to do.  I guess it's back to 48 years of misery and counting for the Falcons. Ha, ha on me, I fell for it and got the Sunday Ticket package to not miss a game.

Hopefully, the Dawgs can salvage some of my football season.

How is it the Buccaneers have a Lombardi trophy and neither of our teams do?  It's simply unconscionable.

Poor Jim Kelly.  That guy deserved a Super Bowl ring.

How is it the Buccaneers have a Lombardi trophy and neither of our teams do?  It's simply unconscionable.

Poor Jim Kelly.  That guy deserved a Super Bowl ring.

My grandfather was an original season ticket holder of the Falcons (1966) and we've kept our seats as a family since that time.  Living here, I don't get to go to more than a game a year if it falls close to a holiday, but you still find a way to root for your team.

The Falcons will make it one day.  Hopefully, I'll see it

At least all your teams are on the cusps of turning it around or has been good in the last 20 years. Frickin Redskins force me to bandwagon with whatever team Peyton's on.

At least all your teams are on the cusps of turning it around or has been good in the last 20 years. Frickin Redskins force me to bandwagon with whatever team Peyton's on.

I feel your pain legend, been a long road for the Redskins fans.

Well my Pats finally lost and lost ugly.  The road only gets tougher from here and I dont see the offense getting much better.  You cant win games if you dont score.  Hard to say that with Tom Brady as your QB but I'm a realist.

I'm right there with you Ichigo, normally in the last few seasons we would have allowed a TD late in the 4th quarter and lost the game.  But, that didn't happen.  What a relief.

TSA's Pats will be yet another big test.  And on MNF no less.  I can't wait!

I'm right there with you Ichigo, normally in the last few seasons we would have allowed a TD late in the 4th quarter and lost the game.  But, that didn't happen.  What a relief.

TSA's Pats will be yet another big test.  And on MNF no less.  I can't wait!

Pats are one of the worst 7-2 teams in the league.  That said, they're finding ways to win.....though I can't figure out how.  Looking forward to this match up.....

Pats are one of the worst 7-2 teams in the league.  That said, they're finding ways to win.....though I can't figure out how.  Looking forward to this match up.....

A3YWVZG.jpg

I'll see your Kuechly and raise you a Gronk:

tumblr_mvqm6kkbYY1qclcbeo1_500.png

Tom Brady's creepy high five celebration from last week

tumblr_mvpvlfF5ol1snwcf6o1_400.gif

Its on....

pats_panthers.gif

At least one carolina team beat NE.

cam99.gif

ibkZjJWlY3rl2W.gif

camtoolsen8zkc1.gif

tginn1.gif

Finally, Brady being Brady:

gwYbQxLl.gif

Sorry TSA, but betting the Pats is like a playoff win for panther fans, those wounds are deep.

Edited by Ichigo-1

I understand, it was a good win for the Panthers.   Brutal to lose a game on call like that last one but the Panthers deserved the win.

Great game to watch, only 6 total possessions from both teams...  crazy call...Ball should have been placed at one.. jmo,  what a scramble by  Newton.. What i have noticed is that Cam is much more composed on field and off, meaning sideline, .. kudos to both teams, and go Giants, in that divison, who knows.. if  Eli and Nicks  wake up..

I watched the MNF game with a good friend, probably the biggest Panthers fan I've ever met.  We had a BLAST watching this one... great game!

So my understanding on the final play is that the officials ruled that the contact that would have prevented the TE from making a catch occurred as Lester was making the catch (INT).  Thus it was a judgement call from the side judge and not reviewable.  I don't deny there was excessive contact from Kuechly (and I'm disappointed in his poor choice of judgement), but I also question if that was a catchable ball for Gronkowski.  He is tall and had he been able to stop on a dime and dive backwards it could have been a catch, but I don't think his momentum would have allowed for that.  I'd like to hear some other opinions on the matter.  But I'm leaning towards DPI upon review.  In living color, hard call to make...

Brady running off the field yelling at the refs was classless, you could read the lips of the official #53 going off the field ("Just stop it.  Stop it.")... even worse, Brady dissed Newton by not shaking his hand after the game.  All the Panther games we've seen where the end of the game went against us, Newton never pulled a Busch-league stunt like that.  Brady is used to getting the benefit of the doubt and the one time we see things 'not go his way' on prime time he blows up.  Sorry, TSA, I don't mean to dump on your team/player.  If the Panthers weren't involved I would just shake my head and move on, wouldn't comment on the matter.

Oh, and the leg whip from Cannon that sprained Johnson's knee... that was brutal.  Has he been fined yet?

Yeah, it was a judgement call but the catch happened in front of the pass interference play not in back so Gronk only would have had to lunge forward about 7-8 ft at the very least, to interfere with the catch.   Since Gronk is well over 6ft tall, its not a stretch to think he may have made it.

http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Pool-Report---New-England-at-Carolina/3f26c25d-9a70-4268-a69b-3c92503930f5?campaign=ne%3Afanshare%3Afacebook

The Pats lost the game so it is what it is, but I hate when any game is decided on a judgement call by an official.  Tom Brady was pissed when the game was declared over and I really can't blame him but I agree, there's no excuse to not shake hands. And not to throw a kink into your theory about Tom always getting what he wants but this was the second game this season the Pats lost on a judgement call in the final play of a game.  I thought Tom did a nice job of reeling himself in and at the press conference, he didn't complain or trash the officials, he just said they lost and needed to do better next game.

Johnson's injury looked bad, hate that for anyone.  It was a big win jb,  the Panthers are the real deal and Cam Newton is really something special.

Panthers keep rolling and Tom bests Peyton....again.   Not going to gloat but that was one heck a game last night. 

994638_546117262148605_1703547567_n.jpg

Yeah, the NE/DEN game was crazy!  I thought it was over at halftime... but I guess most NFL fans thought that, too.  Unbelievable.  I'm happy for you TSA.  Meanwhile, the Panthers totally STOLE a win.  Didn't deserve it, for the most part.  The Panthers basically did to an opposing team what opposing teams have been doing to the Panthers for the last three seasons - dominate until the 4th quarter then allow a game winning drive.