The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

NFL Thread 2013

I'm only surprised Childress has lasted longer, Jerry seemed to be on the "it's to late now" boat.

I would say the Cowboys will be better but with Jon Kitna throwing, I think it'll be next year before they win 2 weeks in a row again. If this change was made 2 weeks ago and Romo never got hurt maybe their season could be somewhat saved.

Vikings are a mess....I dunno how you keep starting Farve who'se like a one legged pirate out there he's so beat up.

I chuckled after reading this

Breaking

News!Training at Cowboys stadium was delayed nearly two hours this

morning after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery

substance on the ground. After a complete analysis, Dallas Police

forensic experts determined the white substance, unfamiliar to most of

...the players, was the goal line.Practice will resume this afternoon.Police decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again

Edited by legend-1

Just seeing this now legend, lol.

I hope the Pats rebound from last weeks debacle against the Browns better than the Canes rebounded from the Philly game :huh:

Did I mention that I dislike the Jets very much. (<---that's me being nice)

Is T. Jackson that frickin bad?

... yes :lol:

I would rather have Favre without any arms than Jackson, and I am NOT a Favre fan... but he has experience, confidence and above all else he has that IT factor, plus he's HOF bound. I heard an interview with Jackson in which he basically apologized for not being as good or as football-smart as Favre. Jackson has no confidence and shouldn't be starting on any NFL team. I say at this point it's win with Favre, lose with Favre. I think the Moss acquisition was to please Favre, too. Then Childress changed his mind after experiencing first-hand the attitude and baggage that comes with Randy. I am not saying it was a good move - I wouldn't have signed him at all, but they are better off spending the money on someone who will play every down and won't split the team. Next on the to do list... cut Favre and draft a QB.

My 2 cents. Don't give me any change.

Ending to the Jags-Texans game:

Right place, right time.

Unbelievable catch, what are odds of ever seeing that again?

Nice rebound game by the Pats against one of the toughest defenses in the league. Big statement from the young Pats defense as we head into big game next Sunday.

Sorry Panther fans, tough season.

After like a gumzillion pitiful seasons and one lucky shot at the big dance, my Falcons finally look like they belong in the talk. I just don't know what to make of it but it makes that Sunday Ticket bill a little cheaper.

After like a gumzillion pitiful seasons and one lucky shot at the big dance, my Falcons finally look like they belong in the talk. I just don't know what to make of it but it makes that Sunday Ticket bill a little cheaper.

Falcons are the real deal, enjoy.

Big win for the Pats. Pats dominate the 1st half but no doubt it was going to come down to the final couple of minutes. 2 picks decide the game and Brady was solid. The young defense still looks inexperienced against the passing game but they're looking great against the running game.

I REALLY dislike the Jets (I think I may have mentioned this) but they're an exciting team to watch, the come from behind wins are pretty impressive. They definitely worry me so just stop this now. :grin:

As the other Vikings fan here, I agree. In fact, what should happen is Childress gets fired immediately

Just in time to turn things around... Childress fired.

Pats Indy game was great, don't care for either team but it is always the great to watch as a fan.

Welcome to Bizzaro season:

Jaguars lead the AFC South

KC Chiefs lead the AFC West

Seattle leads NFC West at 5-5 guaranteeing a playoff spot with the division, while the 7-3 Bucs would be out of the playoffs as it stands now.

Panthers are now the worst team in the NFL with only 1 win and John Fox still has his job even though everyone knows hes gone at the end of the year. Why make things worse and have him burn down the ship as it's sinking?

The Colts-Pats game was good, but I was hoping for a more dramatic ending, like a game tying FG or throw to the end zone for the win. Oh well.

I wonder why Childress was so disliked by his players? It seemed like he had improved the Vikings since he first got there. I guess getting rid of Moss and yesterdays game really pressed the Vikings front office to go through with it.

I'm sure you all heard about the fight between Cortland Finnegan and Andre Johnson. Well...

erx4eh.jpg

...I knew Cortland before he was brawling. :lol:

P.S. Ignore my goofy smile and huge glasses.

NFLPA advised players to save their last 3 game checks to protect their families since a lockout is on the horizon. 3 game checks could handle me for 7-10 years. Greedy *edit*. Oh we get concussions and our bodies are brittle and we want more benefits to handle medical after we retire. What the millions you make wont frickin cover it?

NFLPA advised players to save their last 3 game checks to protect their families since a lockout is on the horizon. 3 game checks could handle me for 7-10 years. Greedy *edit*. Oh we get concussions and our bodies are brittle and we want more benefits to handle medical after we retire. What the millions you make wont frickin cover it?

In many ways, I hope there is a lock-out.

Big game indeed the Slayers vs. Brawlers and I need Brady and Ellis to combine for 23+ points so I can make my fantasy playoffs...other then that I dunno what big game your talking about.

Big game indeed the Slayers vs. Brawlers and I need Brady and Ellis to combine for 23+ points so I can make my fantasy playoffs...other then that I dunno what big game your talking about.

Click me :)

T- 2 hours....

Temps at Gillette Stadium: low 30's and windy as hell (quoting the Globe)

Red Sox newly acquired Adrian Gonzalez will be in attendance getting his first taste of the Boston-NY rivalry.

The Jet defense is enough to make Brady lose aaaah...pull out his hair. :hairpull:

Umm....no :grin:

24-3 with 8 minutes left in the FIRST half.

:woohoo: