TSA

NFL Thread 2013

p14__1291687535_8055.gif

"Hey Rex Ryan, how do you like them apples?"

Better than the game itself was this tribute:

bruschi__1291694662_2405.jpg

Tailgating idea for the All Star game?

p1__1291680966_5276.gif

well pats did a number on jets, the giants, are peaking at right time.. big game with phila for division in 2 weeks..

My Falcons are 10-2 and we get the first of two against the Panthers on Sunday. Life is good. :D

:bangHead: Go Packers??? About the only team in playoff position that I can see myself rooting for as we prepare for bandwagon season (aka the playoffs) either that or the chiefs... thank goodness for hockey is all I can say :D

6 inches of snow, single digit wind chill and high winds.... another big game for the Pats. Need some Jay Cutler turnovers.

What the heck is going on with the Colts? When was the last time Payton Manning and his team looked average?

That can be summed up in their offensive line is terrible this year. They can't run the ball because of the offensive line that coupled with they are down to their 3rd string running back. So play actions are useless as well as if he just drops back and counts 1-2 he's usually brutally sacked.

About as bad as the Bears line.

That can be summed up in their offensive line is terrible this year. They can't run the ball because of the offensive line that coupled with they are down to their 3rd string running back. So play actions are useless as well as if he just drops back and counts 1-2 he's usually brutally sacked.

About as bad as the Bears line.

I didn't realize the Colts were so beat up. They usually can cover their injuries pretty well but I guess their depth is limited at this point. I've seen Manning getting sacked and realize he has limited protection but all those picks? Very un-Manning like though as a Pats fan, it doesn't make me sad. ;)

I like the Pat's chances today, they tend to excel in snow-bowls.

patriots-snow-celebration.jpg

One of my favorite Pats moments, the snow ball salute from the fans :)

As if the Viking's season hadn't collapsed enough, now their stadium has given up! (Sorry, couldn't resist). That looked crazy from the FOX footage. Thankfully no one was in there and no one was injured. I don't know why they are debating the whole Brett Farve thing. He would start the game even if he was paralyzed from the waist down. He has started 297 games in a row and there are 4 games left? Hello 300. He will start.. he will play.. he will get hurt again and get benched, but he will start.

Normally this is the time of year when the lower level teams start calling for the "tank" to lose games and secure draft position, but I'm not sure the Panthers need to tank. They probably can't win another game no matter how hard they try. Atlanta, Arizona, Steelers and Atlanta again? Yeah, no thanks. Even at 3-9 Arizona is probably miles better than us.

Falcons win the NFC South, Saints are the only second place team with 9 wins, so they are in Wild Card position right now. East is a fight between Eagles and Giants. Bears win the North with the Packers hopeful for a Wild Card and the 6-6 Hawks and 6-6 Rams are fighting it out for the *gag* West crown. The Niners still have a chance, but only barely. The Bucs have a decent schedule coming up with the Hawks, Lions and Skins, but finish at the Saints, and even a 3 win streak to move to 10-5 may be too little too late.

I'm not so quick to give the Falcons the NFC South just yet. But I'm hoping so. That's going to be a long road trip to Seattle next week.

That roof collapse video in Minnesota was scary. As a fan, I'd be a little uneasy going back in there.

Edited by coastal_caniac

So riddle me this batman.. the 11-2 Pats clinch a playoff spot. But the 11-2 Falcons and the 10-3 Saints have not? Did the Pats clinch the division already? Is that what's different? Each conference has the same three records on top 11-2 (Pats, Falcons), 10-3 (Steelers, Saints) and 9-4 (Jets, Bears). Both conference have a similar number of 8 win teams that are trying to make it (AFC 3, NFC 4). Other than oozing love from NBC what makes the Pats so special?

You know the Lions (even though they are better now) are cursing the Panthers one win, since they will still be known as the 0-16 team. Not like 1-15 is any better, but well, it is.. by one game.. *sarcasm*.

The Pats just clinched a playoff spot as far as I can tell, not sure what the difference is for the Falcons or the Saints.

Good day for Brady and the Pats, next week ... the Packers. In the now 5 game win streak, Brady is 118-for-164 (72pct) for 1572 yards with 15 touchdowns and 0 INTs. And this season was the rebuild season.

Edit: Atlanta beat Carolina 31-10, and if Minnesota defeats the New York Giants on Monday night in a postponed game that was moved to Detroit, the Falcons clinch a spot.

Wow, just when you thought the Viking's season couldn't get any worse. ericncsu, I agree they were really lucky no one was hurt. I went to a MN Strikers game in Metrodome a few years back (there was a free concert after the soccer game) and it reminded of being under the big parachute used in elementary school PE. I got reprimanded by a security guard for trying to open one of the regular doors to leave rather than use the revolving doors, who knew the air pressure would suck you outside the dome :o

Before

d1__1292182449_3491.jpg

After

Pats haven't won the division yet, but even if they lost all the remaining games their are no teams that could push them out of at least a wildcard spot so they have clinched.

The Pats just clinched a playoff spot as far as I can tell, not sure what the difference is for the Falcons or the Saints.

Good day for Brady and the Pats, next week ... the Packers. In the now 5 game win streak, Brady is 118-for-164 (72pct) for 1572 yards with 15 touchdowns and 0 INTs. And this season was the rebuild season.

Edit: Atlanta beat Carolina 31-10, and if Minnesota defeats the New York Giants on Monday night in a postponed game that was moved to Detroit, the Falcons clinch a spot.

Oh ok, That makes sense, waiting on the NFC games to finish.

You're very likely to be getting the Packers sans Rodgers, and you saw what they did against the Lions, so I don't think you should be worried (granted the way the Pats have been smoking people lately, I'm not sure you should even be worried with a healthy Packers team).

I'm sure it's great if you're a Pats fan, but they are becoming to me like the Yankee's of football (Can't somebody ELSE win??). That "success breeds hatred/grudging respect" thing. The Patriots I'm sure have dethroned the Packers as the now SuperBowl Favorites.

For example, as a State fan/alumnus I hate Duke basketball, I have to, it's in my blood. But damn if they aren't good.. and I have a ton of respect for Coach K. He wins games, his players sustain ridiculous academic standards and he graduates something like 95% of his players.

Oh ok, That makes sense, waiting on the NFC games to finish.

You're very likely to be getting the Packers sans Rodgers, and you saw what they did against the Lions, so I don't think you should be worried (granted the way the Pats have been smoking people lately, I'm not sure you should even be worried with a healthy Packers team).

I'm sure it's great if you're a Pats fan, but they are becoming to me like the Yankee's of football (Can't somebody ELSE win??). That "success breeds hatred/grudging respect" thing. The Patriots I'm sure have dethroned the Packers as the now SuperBowl Favorites.

For example, as a State fan/alumnus I hate Duke basketball, I have to, it's in my blood. But damn if they aren't good.. and I have a ton of respect for Coach K. He wins games, his players sustain ridiculous academic standards and he graduates something like 95% of his players.

After the 3rd Superbowl, the haters came out of the woodwork. I understand it and if I wasn't a huge Pats fan, I'd be pretty sick of hearing about them too. Although I'd have to respect Brady and Belichick for being able to bring this young team to the level they have. But..... they haven't won anything yet ;)

Yanks buy their teams, pats at least built their team. Yanks flat out make baseball boring to the point I stopped watching it.

As an avid Red Sox fan, I'd better stay away from commenting on this. :couch:

The Pats deserve to be where they are, regardless. Got to respect that. Brady's every bit as good as I've seen him. Great team, and they have to be the favorites going forward.

Lets just hope they haven't peaked too early.

Fixed that for you. Go Falcons!

You know, right after I posted that I thought I should have fixed that. :lol:

Yanks buy their teams, pats at least built their team. Yanks flat out make baseball boring to the point I stopped watching it.

Very true, even as a very casual baseball fan the lack of a salary cap ruins it for me. When the Yankee's signed ARod for more per year than the entire Rays payroll (pre-Rays World Series) that just shocked and disturbed me. Absolutely the Pats deserve to be where they are now.

I can't believe Farve finally benched himself.. I knew for sure he would "start" even if he only played half the first quarter. I can believe now that his career is over, he will retire for good this year. He may not even have a press conference, just pack up the truck and the Wranglers and drive back to Mississippi.