The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

NFL Thread 2013

Rodgers confirmed out for Green Bay tomorrow night (no surprise there), rookie Matt Flynn will get his first NFL career start against the Pats. I guess that could be the definition of being thrown to the wolves?

Pats have some walking wounded too, I hope they keep Hernandez and McCourty out so they'll be healthy for the final push.

TSA, I think throwing to the wolves might be too kind... Lions maybe? T-Rexs? Thrown into a vat of boiling acid? I don't know, regardless it will be ugly.

It pains me to say I fully expect the Panthers to not win another game. We will probably find a way to lose to even the hapless 4 win Cards. Follow that with games against the Steelers and Giants and we don't stand a chance. I know John Fox will be gone, but I'm more concerned about the GM. He handled very poorly both the Julius Peppers fiasco and the Jake Delhomme fiasco and cost the team a WHOLE lot of money. For a team on a shoestring budget just like the Canes how can you pay 12 million dollars to a man not even on the roster and be praised as a manager? Richardson needs to look long and hard at his upper level offices cause some people have made some dumb moves in the last couple of years. Franchising Peppers for 18 million was also a huge mistake. The tag means you can't trade him and so you will lose him as a UFA with nothing in return anyway, so why not just let him walk away? After all the hype and hoopla he has vanished in Chicago as well. The Panthers will never pay top dollar for a coach like Gruden, Cowher or Dungy, so expect to see someone promoted from the college ranks, or a coordinator from a pro team that they can promote for 1 or 2 million a year. Hell, knowing our luck we will probably pick up Wade Phillips on the cheap.. (like real cheap, Taco Bell cheap). Thank God it's hockey season.

im still in SHOCK over.. my giants 4th quarter demise .. unreal can they recover and beat green bay in green bay with rodgers probaly back??? hope team can suck it up.. im stunned.. but eagles own us..

thanks tsa for not commenting :), cuz adrian and crawford werent for pennies..:) yanks need another arm.. hated to see wood go..brett is going to play tnight.. unreal//

Really sad.....

539w.jpg

So this is how a great career ends? The concussion should help him make his final decision. :shakeshead:

Thank you to my Buffalo Bills for stopping Farves run of games!!!Unfortunetly that will propbably be my highlight of the year!!!

Enjoy another week with another Bills win, the Pats will see you Sunday ;)

Speaking of the Pats, what an ugly win. But .... a win is a win.

I wish more football players had Farves guts and love for the game. But that's about all I'd want any QB to possess of things he brings to the game.

Romo and Young look like panty waists for not playing with their injuries. The guys got a moracca (sp?) for a foot for pete's sake and was on the field.

It's funny when Romo tries to go back in and the trainer was able to keep him out, trainers won't even talk to Farve.

I wish more football players had Farves guts and love for the game. But that's about all I'd want any QB to possess of things he brings to the game.

Romo and Young look like panty waists for not playing with their injuries. The guys got a moracca (sp?) for a foot for pete's sake and was on the field.

It's funny when Romo tries to go back in and the trainer was able to keep him out, trainers won't even talk to Farve.

They just don't make QB's like that anymore. Oh wait....they do, Tom Brady :grin:

Seriously though, I'll tip my hat to Brett Favre, he's one tough football player. But.... its time to call it a career while he still has his wits somewhat intact.

Wild Card heats up. Saints are knocked out by Seattle, Jets/Colts up now.

Lets go Colts! (that just feels wrong :hide: )

Sanchez picked off at the 1 yard line! Woooo, go Indy!

Jets defense looks solid but the offense not so much. Keep up the pressure Indy....

Gotta say I'm glad the Eagles lost. They've had some great teams in the Andy Reid era but continue to falter in the playoffs, and I'm ok with that.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Packers beat the Falcons, I think that's going to be one very close game.

Rex Ryan and his boys have given Bill Belichick enough bulletin board material to take us through next season never mind Sunday's game.

rexbdd.jpg

Dirtdogs.com

Can't wait till Sunday :woot:

Off to go watch the Steelers/Ravens at the Bistro before the Canes game. Not sure who I want to win this one :unsure:

T-24 hours for the BIG game.....

Off to go watch the Steelers/Ravens at the Bistro before the Canes game. Not sure who I want to win this one :unsure:

T-24 hours for the BIG game.....

I keep wanting to post Jets-Jets-JETS but I'm not sure how the J will taste when I have to eat my words tomorrow.

I keep wanting to post Jets-Jets-JETS but I'm not sure how the J will taste when I have to eat my words tomorrow.

Not nearly as bad as the P will taste for me if things don't go well. :mellow:

Cant get enough of the Boston media this week. If you feel like wasting about 2 1/2 min of your life.....

How bout the Packers just destroying Atlanta? Not the result I expected from that game at all. If the Bears beat the Seahawks then it will come down to a Bears/Packers slugfest for the NFC crown.

I don't follow the AFC teams as closely, but I don't really see anyone who can beat the Pats. Steelers knocked off a big contender in the Ravens. Look for Pats/Bears or Pats/Packers in the big game.

OK TSA the Jets won. I couldn't believe it myself.

Congrats OBXer :)

Ugh that was a brutal game. The Pats never had control at any point, credit to the Jets defense for keeping the pressure on all game. Brady looked completely out of sync and any mistake that could be made, was made. What was really frustrating was that with as bad as the Pats played, they were still in it until the end. If Dion Branch doesn't drop that 4th down pass or the Pats gain possession of their first onside kick, its a different game.

I knew it was over right after half time when the Pats blew their first drive. They just didn't have it and looked more like the inexperienced young team that lost to the Jets at the start of the season rather than the team that finished the season 14-2. Not sure what changed and I never like having a bye in the first round when the team is firing on all cylinders. Oh well, 30 days 'til pitchers and catchers report :)

Oh.... Go Steelers! (newest member of the Steeler's bandwagon)

202px-Pittsburgh_Steelers_helmet_rightface.png

I'm happy for you OBXer, it was a solid win. Sorry but I just can't ever root for the Jets.

I'm happy for you OBXer, it was a solid win. Sorry but I just can't ever root for the Jets.

Funny I said the same thing after the game to my wife, just that it was the Jets that we will have to root for, because lets face it, I don't think I could stand to see the Steelers in yet another Super Bowl. No real surprises in the NFC, Packers have been really good so far in their two games... They have the better offense imo. So, uh Packers vs. Jets in the big game :D

All I can say is this:

164566_1545462476560_1234950025_1201081_970294_n.jpg

This picture does sum it all up. I blame the offense 100%, the defense wasn't spectacular but did enough to get the win if the offense did their part.

Thankfully the sun came up this morning :grin: