The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

NFL Thread 2013

HOW BOUT THEM BILLS,,,LETS GO BUFFALO,,,PLEASE PEOPLE,, JUST LET ME ENJOY THE BEGINNING OF THIS SEASON!!!LOL

WOW 4-1 ,,,(Now) BEEN ALONG TIME AS A BILLS FAN THAT I STILL HAVE HAD HOPE THIS FAR INTO THE SEASON!!

Edited by djharley

The Bills should be able to move to 4-0 this week against the Bengals DJ. Actually this week looks a lot like the "rich get richer and the poor get poorer". Green Bay should move to 4-0 against the Broncos, and the Lions have a chance at 4-0 against Dallas, but that will be the toughest of the 3-0 games. On the other side of that coin.. Miami will probably fall to 0-4 against the Chargers, but the Chargers have been known to kick themselves in the groin. Rams should drop to 0-4 against Redskins. Hopefully the Bucs can take care of the neutered Colts and drop them to 0-4. Although we do have one match up of "Someone's gotta Win." The 0-3 Vikes vs the 0-3 Chiefs... oh wait.. McNabb is playing? This game will end in a tie.

On paper Panther/Bears looks like a good matchup, both teams are giving up a similar number of points and scoring a similar number of points. Both teams 1-2. Should be an even matchup, very winnable game for Carolina, which of course means we will lose 45-3 as always.

-the Chargers have been known to kick themselves in the groin.

Wow, I've never tried because I'm afraid of succeeding... but that seems really hard to do.

we will lose 45-3 as always.

Is Clausen starting? :lol:

Oh my bad, Newton is playing.. so he'll have 450 yards 3 TD 1 INT and we will lose 45-44. My bad.

Waiting for someone to get the McNabb joke...... *cricket cricket*

Oh my bad, Newton is playing.. so he'll have 450 yards 3 TD 1 INT and we will lose 45-44. My bad.

Guessing cause he was in that tie game a few years back right?

Yeah and because he publicly admitted he didn't think an NFL game could end in a tie. I know that's what we ALL were thinking, but when you are a star NFL quarterback it just makes you look really stupid.

Sorry, I'm still trying to get beyond the kicking your own groin concept. It reminds me of the old you can't lick your own elbow theory.

VIKINGS SUCK. UGHHHHHHHHH.

On another note, really impressed with the Panthers so far this season. My Aubie boy Newton is not playing like a rookie, and the team overall looks ok. Not a Panthers fan of course as some of you can remember, but for those who are, me thinks you have a good future ahead.

VIKINGS SUCK. UGHHHHHHHHH.

On another note, really impressed with the Panthers so far this season. My Aubie boy Newton is not playing like a rookie, and the team overall looks ok. Not a Panthers fan of course as some of you can remember, but for those who are, me thinks you have a good future ahead.

How about the Lions, 4-0? Its been an interesting season so far.

Lions had begun turning the corner last year. Didn't they get new ownership not long ago, maybe a new gm? Something rather big and new lol.

Bills offense was coming, Steve Johnson last year was a unsung beast because they still weren't winning.

Now they are and everyone knows Fitzpatrick and Johnson now.

How about the Lions, 4-0? Its been an interesting season so far.

With Matt Stafford and Ndomnkung Suh and Nick Fairley and all the guys they picked up, I knew Detroit would eventually get better, I even told a guy a]I work with who is a huge Packers fan "Watch out for Detroit", but this has been a surprise to me even as I predicted it. I didn't think "better" would be best in the league.

@FA, Yes, the Panthers have been very exciting to watch this year, but it still stinks at 1-3. Our special teams have lost us two games. The kick return TD against Arizona and the punt return TD + 73 yard kick return to give Chicago the ball at the 20 yard line in that game. The offense has been very good, with the prediticable mistakes from Cam, high balls, over throws etc. Defense has been decent against the pass, trouble stopping the run. With our brutal schedule I'm still holding firm on my prediction of 5-6 wins.. improvement from last year, and then watch out next year. With all the new coachs and Cam getting a year under thier belts and a full off season should be great.

With all the new coachs and Cam getting a year under thier belts and a full off season should be great.

You are right, considering the bad luck we've had, Carolina could easily be undefeated right now and with rookie QB and Coaching staff (every game has been very close). Cam is doing an amazing job, far from what I expected. I had him pegged as being potentially the next Jamarcus Russel... and I am eating crow and a side of crow with a HUGE smile on my face (tastes like chicken!).

As far as the defense goes, well what can you expect after two of the starting three linebackers go down for the season - one being the defensive captain and annual Pro-Bowler of the defense (Jon Beason). That's the reason our defense can't stop the run and short passes.

Well, next season we need to get another star linebacker, since Thomas Davis is probably finished his career with this third consecutive season ending ACL tear. I hate it because he was an amazing player, but he'll never be back in the shape he was 3 years ago, when he actually played.

I might need to get myself a Cam Newton jersey to wear around Georgia... I'd be the talk of the town.

Stanley Cup made an appearance in Foxboro today for the Pat's game. Always good to beat Rex Ryan and his Jets. Pats offense looks great but the defense is a work in progress. Those pesky Bills just won't go away :shifty:

Tough loss for the Panthers but what a great game. Cam is fun to watch.

So who saw the "handshake" between the Lions coach and the Niners coach?

Such drama :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9OQOPIXLas

Gutsy win by the Pats, thought they were going down for sure after coughing up another turnover in the final minutes. Credit to the defense for standing up Dallas so Brady could make one quick run for the win.

The world doesn't seem so upside down anymore now that Buffalo is out of 1st place in the AFC East.

Gutsy win by the Pats, thought they were going down for sure

Not when you are playing against Tony Romo and his Cowboys... they always seem to find a way to lose, no matter how well they are set up to do otherwise.

Brady did OK for me this week in Fantasy Football, but I needed Devin Hester to pull me out of the fire as I was down by 20 points going into Monday night... he got be 39+. Thanks Hester, I couldn't have done it without you.

There's not a lot of Panthers fans where I work which kinda surprises me, but I've noticed a lot of people older than me may have already had a team before the Panthers come to town. It doesn't surprise me when people are fans of the "next closest team" like Washington, Baltimore or Atlanta since they were the closest pre-Panthers team. Cowboys are always popular.

It does make Monday's interesting though. Just in my department we have a Cowboys fan, NY Giants fan and a Green Bay Packers fan (plus myself, Panthers). Our manager seems to watch football and will ask us "Hey did you see that game between...." but doesn't seem to have a favorite team.

Elsewhere in the plant there are a couple more Cowboys fans, a couple of Redskins fans and one very unhappy Miami Dolphins fan. Talk around the coffee pot can get very animated.

I think most Cowboys fans come out of the woodwork when the team is good. Otherwise, they wear the colors of the "flavor of the week" teams, usually the last Super Bowl champions.

I remember my first day of college when I was discussing the NFL with my instructor during class. It was very open and many people in the room got evolved. It was a bad year for the Panthers and this really cute girl in the class stated that she was a Cowboys fan but couldn't tell me a single player on the roster. When she found out how bad the Panthers were at that time, she asked me:

"If your team is so bad, why don't you just pull for the Dallas Cowboys like everyone else?"

I think she answered her own question. She is a sweet girl though, we became good friends.

Hahaha... that's funny. Like so many of those UNC Tarheel fans in Southern California who wouldn't know where Chapel Hill (or even North Carolina) was if you gave them a map with a blue sticker on it.

I don't know why my friend from work is a Green Bay fan, I never really asked him, but I get the feeling he jumped on their bandwagon at some point, but I give him credit for staying on. He is loyal to the team and knows the players and coachs etc. And he was a fan before they won the SB last year, so he's at least not on the most recent bandwagon.

The people who ask those questions aren't fans of a team, and probably don't even understand sports that much. It's a little different with colleges I guess. I am a two time graduate of NC State, so 13-0 or 0-13 I don't care, I'm not going to pull for anyone else. Not matter how bad they suck I'm not going to suddenly become a Duke fan or a UNC fan because it's fashionable. People ask me "Why do you stay a State fan when they suck at basketball?" I usually don't even answer.

I was living in Charlotte when the Carolina Panthers became a franchise, and I was living in Raleigh when the Carolina Hurricanes came to town (I admit, I missed the Greensboro years, but 99-2000 in Raleigh I was there). They are my teams and will always be my teams. If I move somewhere else I will still root for Carolina, although being the sports junkie that I am, would likely eventually become a supporter of the local team, but then I have two teams, they dont replace either the Panthers or Canes.

I'm a sports junkie, too. It's hard on me listening to local ESPN radio when all they talk about is the Falcons. I can't get away... I feel like I'm deep behind enemy lines. The only difference is that I tell everyone I can that I'm a Panthers fan - just today I stopped on the way home from work (yeah, I missed the Panthers/Redskins game because of work) to get some Chinese. The lady who owns the place always talks football to me and of course she started talking about the Falcons. She asked me details about them and I just said I dunno, I'm a Panthers fan. She told me that our QB is really good... Funny she couldn't remember his name as he is the biggest celebrity down here for the last couple years (because of his time with Auburn). Well, I guess it's between him and Teebow... but Tim is hated here where as there are a LOT of Auburn fans.

I'll never be a Falcons fan.