The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

NFL Thread 2013

Let me try this one again.....

Brutal loss for the Panthers.

An equally brutal loss for the Pats at the hands of the Steelers :shifty:

^ LOL

Yeah, it seems like every Panthers game ends with that same sick feeling of almost. Next season the Panthers are going to be a lot stronger.

Let me try this one again.....

Brutal loss for the Panthers.

An equally brutal loss for the Pats

Starting to see a pattern :D

Panthers are going to be a good team next year, its still exciting at least to watch them play a full game even when they lose. At least they are not giving up after the first possession like they did last year.

Starting to see a pattern :D

Panthers are going to be a good team next year, its still exciting at least to watch them play a full game even when they lose. At least they are not giving up after the first possession like they did last year.

You have an exciting young QB who is a ton of fun to watch. If they keep surrounding him with the right pieces the Panthers should be able to compete for quite a few years.

The Pats have an amazing QB but he's getting up in years. He's still amazing to watch but his defense, especially the secondary, is just brutal. For every week they start to look like they're getting much better, the next week comes and they look completely foolish like they did against the Steelers. They couldn't stop my son if they wanted to last Sunday :(

Buffalo is still winning?? Is this the Twilight Zone twilight-zone.gif

Buffalo is still winning?? Is this the Twilight Zone twilight-zone.gif

Lions 6-2, Colts 0-8, Bills 5-2, Chiefs 4-3 (4 game win streak), lots of weird stuff happening this season. I like it ;)

Lions 6-2, Colts 0-8, Bills 5-2, Chiefs 4-3 (4 game win streak), lots of weird stuff happening this season. I like it ;)

Sure makes things interesting. Kinda sad how the Colts are nothing without Manning. I wonder if he's done for good, my money is on him retiring.

Sure makes things interesting. Kinda sad how the Colts are nothing without Manning. I wonder if he's done for good, my money is on him retiring.

I think so to, no one should even risk playing a game like football with that type of injury, its just not worth it when you are already set for life. He will still have a career in football either coaching or media if I had to guess.

He can always keep making commercials, some of the ones he's done have been funny as heck.

One day, when I'm dead and buried, the Falcons will win the Super Bowl. sigh

:lol: Not feeling optimistic?

:lol: Not feeling optimistic?

Not this year. We just lost our starting FB for the year. He makes Turner go. But, the Falcons are as good as they have ever been since those years when Steve Bartkowski was the QB. The main thing is, Arthur Blank is determined to win the big one. I'm still waiting.

Well at least the Panthers won't lose a close one this week. How is Bye even still in the league, everyone beats them.

It's become the waiting game at work with my buddy who is the Packers fan... will they lose one before the playoffs? Of course he wants them to lose one eventually, so you can get that off your back and out of your system.. since as we well know, one you lose one in the playoffs that's it. TSA can relate to that with the 18-0 Pats I bet.

Of course with no Panthers game on the games they are showing on TV suck.. who picks these broadcasts? Jets/Bills on CBS and Skins/9ers on Fox at 1. Jets/Bills might be watchable. Pats/Giants at 4 should be a good game at least. Why wouldn't they show Tampa/New Orleans in a NFC South Market? Come on Fox... Skins 9ers?? Yeah, Washington is closer than either Tampa or NOLA, but I'd rather watch division foes.

1-6 St Louis at 1-6 Arizona... Woooooow there's the match up of the week for ya there. Who wants to lose and stay 1 game behind of the Luck Sweepstakes. How bad will Atlanta destroy the Colts and can KC keep Miami Winless? I would think Miami has the better chance to pick up a win.

Tom Brady takes the team down the field and takes the lead with 1:30 minutes left on the clock only to see the Pat's defense play spectator to Eli Manning marching his team into the end zone with 14 seconds left in the game. angry.gif

Tom Brady = super human

Pat's defense = sub human

:(

Tom Brady takes the team down the field and takes the lead with 1:30 minutes left on the clock only to see the Pat's defense play spectator to Eli Manning marching his team into the end zone with 14 seconds left in the game. angry.gif

Tom Brady = super human

Pat's defense = sub human

:(

Sorry TSA but being a life long Giant fan I needed that today. You have to admit when the G-men and Pats get together they always make it exciting.

Sorry TSA but being a life long Giant fan I needed that today. You have to admit when the G-men and Pats get together they always make it exciting.

It was a fantastic game, my team just ended up on the wrong side of the score. I was jumping off the couch after Brady threw that final touchdown and thought there no way Manning could get it done with so little time on the clock. He can thank the Pat's for giving them a free time out :angry:

Brady had 17 seconds at the end of the game. I can't believe he didn't drive down the field and score as usual.

14 seconds is hard to overcome, even if you're super human :(

I haven't watched a whole Patriots game this season, but from what I've seen it seems like his o-line is not what it used to be. Honestly, none of this makes any difference because no one is beating Aaron Rodgers, come playoffs... unless the 1985 Bears time-warp forward 26 years. But hey, with sports it's more about the journey than the destination, IMO.

I haven't watched a whole Patriots game this season, but from what I've seen it seems like his o-line is not what it used to be. Honestly, none of this makes any difference because no one is beating Aaron Rodgers, come playoffs... unless the 1985 Bears time-warp forward 26 years. But hey, with sports it's more about the journey than the destination, IMO.

Brady's O line isn't what it was but they're not the problem, the defense is horrific at times.

I agree, Rodgers and the Packers are unstoppable right now. Oh and thanks for the 1985 Bears reference angry.gif

Holy Cow ohmy.gif This is the first time all season I've watched the Colts with my own eyes.....wow, just wow. My how the mighty have fallen. I know Peyton Manning is everything to that team but for them to be playing this awful all season long???

So I'm in Cleveland this week and went to the Browns-Ravens game. It was cold, wet, windy, and the loudest cheers of the day from the Brown fans were for a squirrel that somehow found it's way onto the field. Colt McCoy so far is not a very good NFL QB and the Cleveland fans are not cutting him any slack.

So I'm in Cleveland this week and went to the Browns-Ravens game. It was cold, wet, windy, and the loudest cheers of the day from the Brown fans were for a squirrel that somehow found it's way onto the field. Colt McCoy so far is not a very good NFL QB and the Cleveland fans are not cutting him any slack.

Did the squirrel take any snaps? He might be more productive than McCoy.

It's hard to get excited about a team with only 4 wins, but Cam Newton is the most amazing football player I have ever seen. He has the athleticism and skill set to be a dominating force in the NFL for years to come and I am so happy he is a Panther. Carolina's offense is so good, and with basically a roster of no-names. If the Panthers get their defense in shape we'll be a team to be feared and playoff bound. We're looking at a good pick in the offseason, and I expect a high impact DE is coming our way.

JB... we need a CIA assassin to come in and annihilate the injury bug for us.... (Sorry, just finished reading Vince Flynn).... 2 more down to injuries.. probably out for the rest of the year...

Hey but we've won 2 in a row now!! *yaaaaaaaaaaay(weak voice)*... Ok so it doesnt matter for this year, but watch out next year... our schedule gets a little easier... get some experience under them.. this team is going places.