The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

NFL Thread 2013

I remember talking about the Luck or Newton debate before the draft (also before Luck decided to stay and finish college). The result was us taking Cam, and I was disappointed that Luck wasn't going to be the future QB. Now... I don't know... I think Newton could end up being the superior pick. Luck hasn't had an oportunity to show his stuff in the NFL, but it'll be really really hard to top Newton's rookie season. I just hope that we are really seeing the real man - I don't want him to go nuts and pull a Jamarcus Russel on us. That possibility scares me.

The Colts will more than likely be the top picking team, so they are a lucky (no pun intended) organization. Imagine going from Peyton Manning to Andrew Luck with one bad season in between. Miami fans should be irate - they still haven't found Dan Marino's replacement. They are starting Matt Moore!

Tom Brady went all Cam Ward on the bench yesterday after throwing an interception. I wonder if a brawl would have broken out between Brady and his offensive coach if some of the players and Belichek himself didn't step in to diffuse the situation? I'd hate to see what would have happened if the Pats lost.

I saw that, TSA. If I were that coach, there is no way I am going to try to get under Brady's skin. What good can come of trying to change the best QB (arguably) in the league? And what does any coach have to say that Brady doesn't already know. Ugh, it almost sounds like I'm a Brady fan.

Tom Brady vs Tim Tebow, wonder who will be throwing the hissy fit on the sideline on Sunday?

Should be a great match up.

Tom Brady vs Tim Tebow, wonder who will be throwing the hissy fit on the sideline on Sunday?

Should be a great match up.

I'm afraid Tebow's amazing run will end with New England. That defense wont stop him, but Tom Brady's offense will probably be too far ahead to catch up to. But I've never seen Tebow throw a tantrum. I kinda doubt we ever will.

I'm afraid Tebow's amazing run will end with New England. That defense wont stop him, but Tom Brady's offense will probably be too far ahead to catch up to. But I've never seen Tebow throw a tantrum. I kinda doubt we ever will.

NE's defense is brutal but somehow manages to hold on at the most critical times. Brady better get some points on the board early as insurance against TT's late game heroics. Not sure I'm as confident as you jb, if they were playing at Gillette I'd give the Pats the advantage but Tebow on his home turf?......the Pats better score early and often.

It's amazing that we are talking about Tebow and the Broncos possibly upsetting the Patriots, isn't it? I mean the analysts were in agreement that Tim Tebow would never translate his skills into success in the NFL and look what he has done. It may be a bigger story around here in Georgia, since he's basically considered worse than Satan (he was a Gater)... but his future was already written into stone as a 'never gonna make it' QB around here. I'm proud of him and what he is doing. Not since Kurt Warner was there such a feel good story in the NFL. And I look forward to seeing it play out.

I wish I knew what Tebow was doing cause his numbers alone are garbage.

Ill buy that the Broncos D has stepped there game through the roof but I am not drinking this Tebow bong water going around.

GB lost and the Colts won? Wonder what that means for Brady vs Tebow? If the first 10 minutes are any indication, the final score should be around 56-49.

Tebow is fun to watch :)

I didn't think it was possible but the Broncos may have a worse defense than the Pats. Not exactly the Tebow Time the Denver fans were expecting but he gave them a decent chance. He's quick, strong and extremely athletic which makes him very exciting to watch, especially when he does those patented roll outs when it looks like he's about to get sacked. Pats defense is awful at times but they show up just when you need them most. As long as the Pats put up tons of points, I ,like their chances.

What a crazy day of football, time to watch the Canes game on the DVR. Congrats Carolina Panther fans :)

Thank you Dolphins ;)

Sorry Bills fans but some payback was needed. Nice to get a bye week, maybe it'll help restore some much needed health to a depleted Pats team. Here's to a long playoff run....

Congratulations Pats fans. now I get to see if the Giants can beat the boys. I'm in to Dysfunctional sports teams this year.:blink:

Congratulations Pats fans. now I get to see if the Giants can beat the boys. I'm in to Dysfunctional sports teams this year.:blink:

Fixed that for you, I'm on my own island here. :(

Home field should be huge, time to start thinking about any chips I can call in for tickets

Well, my Falcons are in the big dance. I'd rather win or lose against that tool Jerry Jones. It's like the seas part when we make the playoffs, of course until we get washed away. Sigh.

Wild Card schedule up:

Saturday, Jan. 7

AFC: No. 6 Cincinnati Bengals (9-7) at No. 3 Houston Texans (10-6), 4:30 p.m. ET (NBC)

NFC: No. 6 Detroit Lions (10-6) at No. 3 New Orleans Saints (13-3), 8 p.m. ET (NBC)

Sunday, Jan. 8

NFC: No. 5 Atlanta Falcons (10-6) at New York Giants (9-7), 1 p.m. ET (FOX)

AFC: No. 5 Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4) at No. 4 Denver Broncos (8-8), 4:30 p.m. ET (CBS)

Divisional Game weekend:

Saturday, Jan. 14

NFC: Highest remaining NFC seed at No. 2 San Francisco 49ers (13-3), 4:30 p.m, ET (FOX)

AFC: Lowest remaining AFC seed at No. 1 New England Patriots (13-3), 8 p.m. ET (CBS)

Sunday, Jan. 15

AFC: Highest remaining AFC seed at No. 2 Baltimore Ravens (12-4), 1 p.m. ET (CBS)

NFC: Lowest remaining NFC seed at No. 1 Green Bay Packers (15-1), 4:30 p.m. ET (FOX)

Wow, home teams are dominating so far. Sure hope the pattern continues into next weekend.

Gmen did good. A couple of weeks ago I wouldn't have given them a chance to make it to the first round let alone dominate it. I'm just enjoying the ride for a least one more week.

Holy cow what a game! Not sure who I wanted to win but wow, Tebow does it again. Tebow-time is coming to Foxboro next weekend for a rematch with the Brady Bunch :)

What was up with Big Ben? His face looked like a balloon ready to pop in his helmet :o

Sorry about the Falcons.

Tim Tebow and divine intervention?

Tebow threw for 316 yards averaging 31.6 yds on 10 completions. If Tebow has prayer on his side, Brady might need something more creative. Bring it on :woohoo:

tebow%20eye-black-thumb-250x179-58843.jpg

Here's the latest from the Boston media, I can't get enough of this hype :lol:

I'm pretty sure that not many Bostonians will be watching the Bruins/Canes on Saturday night, maybe only the first period :)

timmy.png