The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

NFL Thread 2013

That was a pretty spot on bowie impression lol. I think the pats are going to win. Let me check with my divine sources... yup, pats win. Oh yeah, that other game, my sources from beyond the third dimension tell me that SF is going to pull off an upset. Ravens win, is that correct... yes that's correct. Lastly, the Packers win... don't need my sources for that one.

I'm just enjoying the entire Tebow hoopla. How much fun.

Here's Letterman's Top Ten Little Known Things about Tim Tebow:

10. Fell to Earth after his home planet Krypton exploded

9. Throws left, prays right

8. For breakfast has Icy Hot on toast

7. If you tell him your street address, he'll tell you the value of your home

6. Currently ninth on the Kim Kardashian athlete waiting List

5. Back in college, threw a football twenty yards!

4. One time, lost his temper and said "Darn it!"

3. Distracts defenders by flashing his beautiful, piercing blue eyes

2. Justin Bieber fans have "Bieber Fever"; Tim Tebow fans have "The Tebola Virus"

1. Can turn water into Gatorade

x

A tip of the hat to the Brady bunch. Did the Pats ever school the Broncos.

How about SF. They look like a pretty good team. It was the first time I watched them this year.

Today its my G-men. Not sure I will like the outcome. Go Giants!

Quote from the Globe this morning: Tebow prayed. And the entire Broncos roster took a knee.

Tebow and his team were just outmatched by an experienced playoff team and veteran QB who felt they needed to redeem themselves for early exits and playoff failures in the recent past. Didn't matter who they played in this round, they weren't going to be denied imo. Next week against the Texans or Ravens will be a much different game.

"Any time you're getting beat like that, it doesn't change how you fight," Tebow said. "It didn't matter whether it was the first play or the last play or whether we're down by 42. ... I wanted to be the same player."

Tim Tebow is still the most exciting young player to watch in the NFL and because he's very likeable, he's a breath of fresh air too. It'll be interesting to see how he follows up this amazing season he's had. Something tells me he wont have any trouble staying in the spot light.

Today its my G-men. Not sure I will like the outcome. Go Giants!

GB will be tough, if the Giants can exploit their D early they'll have a chance. Isn't is weird that the top 2 teams in the league have the worst rated defenses?

Stunned at how easy Green Bay went down, congrats OBXer to your Giants. Eli was impressive and Rogers was...well....human. Giants disrupted the whole home field dominance trend.

Divisional match ups set:

AFC: Ravens @ Patriots Sunday @ 3:00pm (CBS) :woohoo:

NFC: Giants @ 49ers Sunday @ 6:30pm (FOX)

I was stunned myself at how easily the Giants handled the Pack. The Giants seem to be peaking at the right time and taking advantage of their opportunities. The Giants and SF look to me to play similar styles. I think that game will be a toss up.

I can't see any of the teams left beating the Pats but I guess that's why you play the game.

Whoa, how crazy is this?

Two shot in Ga. parking lot reportedly after NFL playoff argument - AP

OBXer

I can't see any of the teams left beating the Pats but I guess that's why you play the game.

Umm..... I think that was also said a few years back when Eli and Tom met face to face. :shifty:

Its getting dangerous to be a sports fan these days. That is about as crazy as it gets.

It was and Eli got the better of that game with help from a spectacular catch. The Giant D is pretty darn good and now that Eli has found a receiver or to and a running game the Giants wouldn't roll over. But Tom and the Pats look so so good and their finally getting some defense. Some defense is all you need when the Pats put up so many points.

Of course I'm not overlooking the fact that the Giants need to get past the 49ers. That might not be so easy.

x

And the Pats need to get past the Ravens who always seem to give them fits. The Ravens gave Tom Brady his first home field playoff loss a couple of years ago and I'm pretty sure that's all the bulletin board material that will be needed.

A little pre-Conference Finals humor courtesy of the Boston Media:

God asks Aaron Rodgers: "What do you believe?" Rodgers says, "I believe in hard work, and in staying true to family and friends. God can't help but see the goodness of Rodgers and offers him a seat to his left. Then God turns to Tim Tebow and says, "What do you believe?" Tebow says, "I believe in your total goodness, love and generosity and that you have given all to mankind. God is greatly moved by Tebow's eloquence, and offers him a seat to his right. Finally, God turns to Tom Brady: "And you, Tom, what do you believe?" Tom replies, "I believe you're in my seat."

(its just a joke ;) )

Good luck to TSA and other PAT fans today. I wouldn't mind a NE/NY Super Bowl rematch. Of course I should be careful what I wish for and the G-men still have to get by the 49'ers.

Pats pulled that one out of a hat and they have their work cut out for them now. I thought the game was lost when Gronkowski went out injured and Brady kept throwing to the guys in purple but thank goodness for the defense, who would have guess they'd step up and be the heroes and save the game? Oh, and maybe they got a little help from Billy Cundiff too ;)

Giants/49ers is going to come down to the wire. I'll admit it, Eli makes me very nervous.

Pats in the super bowl again, head, insert bullet please. :gunhead:

:grin:

NE + NY = Super Bowl XLVI (The equation is complete)

See you in two weeks for the rematch :shifty:

I think it'll be a shootout between Brady and Manning... and that is very good for the Patriots. I mean, San Francisco's offense is nothing compared to NE's... how is NYG going to slow them down? I just don't see it happening. I think the Patriots run away with this one, as much as I hate to say it. But I'm happy for you TSA.

Time to get this party started, we have a little time to kill :)

patsgiants.jpg

This has been my experience with New England drivers.

Two things while killing more time....

1) Wonder where you sit for $900 a ticket? And that's face value :o

superbowltickets607.jpg

Edit: answered my own question, upper corner 2nd tier from he top. ACE tickets is selling the same seat for $3100 ......yikes.

2) there are no words.....

Giants win, according to Madden :(

I know they do these mock ups for both teams prior the game being played but showing it ahead of time has to be the kiss of death, could someone please put a gag order on the Boston media? :shakeshead: Maybe Tim Thomas can distract them again this week.

superbowldvd607.jpg