The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Out of Town Scores 2010-11

2010-2011 NHL Opening-Day Rosters

Click on team logo for 23-man roster and injured reserve list.

large.jpg large.jpg large.jpg large.jpg large.jpg large.jpg large.jpg large.jpg large.jpg large.jpg large.jpg large.jpg large.jpg large.jpg large.jpg large.jpg large.jpg large.jpg large.jpg large.jpg

large.jpg large.jpg large.jpg large.jpg large.jpg large.jpg large.jpg large.jpg large.jpg

The Pens lost their inaugural game in their brand new building the Consol Energy Center. Mario Lemieux poured some water from the old Igloo ice onto the new ice at Consol Energy Center to start the game.

Flyers ruin the Pens party 4-3

Caps lose to Atlanta. Atlanta looked very good :shock:

not tonight...they are losing 4-0 to the Bolts mid second period. the Bolts are looking as if they could be a very good team

Wow...the Devils season is not starting out good for them at all. They lost to Dallas yesterday, and got a beat down from Washington (7-2) tonight.

Sure, I know it's only two games into the season, but it sure feels great to look at the current standings and see the Carolina Hurricanes with that top spot, and apparently the only team to win their first two games of the season. :thumbsup:

The pens lose their second game...they were leading and gave up 2 very quick goals to the Habs.

Wow...the Devils season is not starting out good for them at all. They lost to Dallas yesterday, and got a beat down from Washington (7-2) tonight.

Sure, I know it's only two games into the season, but it sure feels great to look at the current standings and see the Carolina Hurricanes with that top spot, and apparently the only team to win their first two games of the season. :thumbsup:

Toronto also has 2 wins after their win tonight.....but we were "officially" the 1st team to get 2 wins in a row :woohoo:

Edited by hockeybaby

Toronto also has 2 wins after their win tonight.....but we were "officially" the 1st team to get 2 wins in a row :woohoo:

Yeah, I just noticed that (about Toronto). It was sweet while it lasted though, huh? LOL

(Although being #2 right now ain't too bad either, after the way we started out last season!)

Devils lost again, to Philly...(they ended up playing with just 15 players.) This loss gives them their worst start of a season since 2001-02. Believe it or not, we don't play the Devils until January 1, 2011, but they've always seemed to end up being a team that we needed to worry about when it mattered. Let's hope that won't be the case this season, LOL.

Edited by DianeNC

Anyone got to watch the Sabres - Hawks game last night?

Sabres were leading 2-1 when Niclas Hjalmarsson anticipated Pominville getting the puck and checked him hard into the boards before the puck got to him. Pom sustained a concussion and a gash above his eye that required at least seven stitches.

Hjalmarsson seemed surprised when he was given a five-minute major penalty and a game misconduct. The NHL held a hearing with Hjalmarsson on Tuesday to determine whether further punishment is warranted. The league said a decision will be announced before the Blackhawks host Nashville on Wednesday.

Sabres agitator Patrick Kaleta was quick to note that the two teams will meet again this weekend and added

"I think it'll get taken care of either with the league or, I think, when we play them Saturday," he said. "We'll make a point that you can't be taking hits like that against one of our leaders."

Oh yea, and the Sabres ended up losing the game 4-3.

Update:

The National Hockey League has suspended Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson two games for his hit to the head from behind of Buffalo Sabres winger Jason Pominville.

Anyone got to watch the Sabres - Hawks game last night?

Sabres were leading 2-1 when Niclas Hjalmarsson anticipated Pominville getting the puck and checked him hard into the boards before the puck got to him. Pom sustained a concussion and a gash above his eye that required at least seven stitches.

Hjalmarsson seemed surprised when he was given a five-minute major penalty and a game misconduct. The NHL held a hearing with Hjalmarsson on Tuesday to determine whether further punishment is warranted. The league said a decision will be announced before the Blackhawks host Nashville on Wednesday.

Sabres agitator Patrick Kaleta was quick to note that the two teams will meet again this weekend and added

Oh yea, and the Sabres ended up losing the game 4-3.

Update:

The National Hockey League has suspended Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson two games for his hit to the head from behind of Buffalo Sabres winger Jason Pominville.

Was a huge hit, was wondering if he would get suspended, guess they dropped the hammer. Didn't think it was a hit to the head but it was definitely targeted imo, and hopefully pommy will not have any serious issues for it.

Also the "gesture" incident got 2 games suspension for James Wisniewski... first time a suspension was given out for a gesture. Figures Avery was involved somehow lol :facepalm2:

Edited by Ichigo-1

Niederreiter, this year's 5th overall draft pick and youngest player ever for the Islanders, nets his first goal against the Caps. Good for him.

Niederreiter, this year's 5th overall draft pick and youngest player ever for the Islanders, nets his first goal against the Caps. Good for him.

There are so many good young players in the league this year. It should be fun to watch them develop.

Caps win 2-1 on a late PP goal off an Ovenchicken slapper. Islanders were pretty impressive with their speed and transition game even without Tavares. Thought they deserved at least 1 point. I get the impression they are bound for the playoffs this year.

Yeah Tampa isn't going to be terrible forever. It's still early in the season of course but they are becoming a threat again.

I hope Washington continues to falter so they won't be as much of a regular season powerhouse. But my instincts tell me they won't.

My boss is a huge Flyers fan. I sent him a nice harassing email last night before the Leafs played him telling him how much they sucked. Unfortunately his team won and he had the pleasure of harassing me back. :(

Ray Whitney scores a hat trick tonight for Phoenix in a win over StL. (5-3) His first goals of this season. (He was

interviewed at the intermission-----said "I've gotten off to a bit of a slow start this year !" )

Well it looks like Edmonton is having trouble with blowout losses along with us. 8-2 against the Rangers.

Congrats to Whitney for his hat-trick.

Edited by captain_jack88