The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Out of Town Scores 2010-11

Flyers have been playing fairly inconsistently since the All Star break, they need to pick things up right now.

3-3 in the 2nd. C'mon Lavi, throw us a bone.

Flyers have been playing fairly inconsistently since the All Star break, they need to pick things up right now.

3-3 in the 2nd. C'mon Lavi, throw us a bone.

Empty netter makes it 5-3 :bangHead: Thanks for nothing Lavi :shifty:

Crap. That brings Buffalo within 1 point of the Canes (and 8th place)- to make matters worse, they play two more times before the Canes do. shakehead.gif

You can't rely on luck to carry you to the playoffs. Skill and hard work gets you there.

Very true and I still believe we have the skill and know how to work hard and will make the playoffs :clapper: No matter what happens over the next 4 days...Buffalo will be out of "games in hand" and the CANES will hold their own fate and be in control of their own destiny

Lavi's Flyers are looking more and more like the Canes of 06. I remember the Canes pretty sluggish in March and just losing out on the President's Trophy (thanksfully) because of a regular season ending loss to .....wait for it.... Buffalo. They had already built up such a big cushion and weren't in any danger of losing the division but they did enter the playoffs looking pretty flat. It wasn't until that 3rd game against Mon when the woke up in a huge way.

I do think this Flyers team has more talent than the 06 Canes but I wonder if that run and gun high energy style of play may have hit a bump in the road. I'm sure they'll fiind their stride at some point but they really have struggled since the All Star break.

Should the Slugs win their next two and come out three points up on the Canes, the Canes still control their own destiny: just win the two remaining games against the Slugs in regulation.

lets just jump start to last week, its coming to that, perfect scenario, we beat atlanta sunday[very doable] have detroit on wednesday,[hope they rest some of regulars[so we dont know, how that goes] these are both home games, then atlanta, they will be out of it.. im giving us 2 points, finish with tampa, if they are worried about seeding, that will be tough.. actuallly, 3 left with tb and the 2 with buffalo, theres 10 points on table, i will go on record if we 6 out of those 10 we get a playoff spot..... im sticking to that... now, toronto has chicago at home tonight, lets hope chitowners show the game they did in 3rd against us.. dont want toronto closer..

Lavi's Flyers are looking more and more like the Canes of 06. I remember the Canes pretty sluggish in March and just losing out on the President's Trophy (thanksfully) because of a regular season ending loss to .....wait for it.... Buffalo. They had already built up such a big cushion and weren't in any danger of losing the division but they did enter the playoffs looking pretty flat. It wasn't until that 3rd game against Mon when the woke up in a huge way.

I do think this Flyers team has more talent than the 06 Canes but I wonder if that run and gun high energy style of play may have hit a bump in the road. I'm sure they'll fiind their stride at some point but they really have struggled since the All Star break.

Bob and Boucher are not Cam Ward :)

Bob and Boucher are not Cam Ward :)

We don't know that yet, Cam Ward wasn't Cam Ward until the playoffs. ;)

Have to be Bolts' fan for the night to keep the Habs from gaining ground on the Canes

Habs are going to be tough to catch but at least the Leafs are getting spanked by those pesky Blackhawks.

Habs up 4-1 over the Bolts late in the 3rd. Probably can't catch them now. Habs win

Trash playing the Kitty-kats for what remains in their playoff chances. Take Kitty-kats in OT

Edited by colliefan

atl won in ot, pens defeat bruins :thumbsup: in ot, great game, bruins tie it with 30 sec left, jeffries wins it for pens, this was like a playoff game, hate some of the pens[cooke, orpik] but they play gritty without sid and malkin.. im going to say it comes down to us, rangers, and slugs last 2 slots, we wont catch montreal, but i hope bruins fall to 3rd spot, and have to play les habs.

Going to be an exiting close to regular season

The Habs have an outside chance of catching the Bruins for the NE

The Pens and Flyers will battle for the ATL

The Bolts and Caps will battle for the SE

The Slugs, the Rags, and the Canes will battle for 7th and 8th

It's a very tight race between the 7th, 8th (and 9th) places in the standings today (Sunday, March 6). Just one point separates the three spots held by the Rangers, Canes and Buffalo.

Things are pretty much out of our hands until we play again, but in the meanwhile we've got both the Rangers and Buffalo playing today. Time to be Flyers and Wild fans for one day...

It's a very tight race between the 7th, 8th (and 9th) places in the standings today (Sunday, March 6). Just one point separates the three spots held by the Rangers, Canes and Buffalo. Things are pretty much out of our hands until we play again, but in the meanwhile we've got both the Rangers and Buffalo playing today. Time to be Flyers and Wild fans for one day...

you have pretty much "nailed it"

Yeah, doesn't look good for Philly at all. I'm more concerned with the Buffalo game tonight, though. Whatever happens in either is even more reason why our last game was such a "must win." sigh.gif

Edited by DianeNC

Yeah, doesn't look good for Philly at all. I'm more concerned with the Buffalo game tonight, though. Whatever happens in either is even more reason why our last game was such a "must win." sigh.gif

each remaining game falls into this category. each regulation loss increases the importance of the following games. to get to the level of 90 points, the Canes need to finish on the order of 8-5-3.

I agree, colliefan. They've had so many chances, though, to not be in this position (due to losses by other teams up until now), and haven't done anything with it. th_hairpull.gif

Just saw the final score of the Rangers/Flyers game...WOW. (7-0 Rangers)