The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Out of Town Scores 2010-11

Habs just ended Philly's win streak by shutting them out....without Markov. Looked more like a heavyweight battle with some pretty nasty shots taken by both teams.

Wow what in the world is going on with the philly-tampa game 8-7 in the 3rd, I don't think I can remember a game where both teams went off like that.

Wow what in the world is going on with the philly-tampa game 8-7 in the 3rd, I don't think I can remember a game where both teams went off like that.

Me either. What a crazy game, glad I caught it. Don't think I've ever seen such a game. The first period was something. Stamkos is a real sniper.

The Caps are in the process of having their butts handed to them by the Devils 0-5. Should they not mount a great comback, they will be in a foul mood on Wednesday night.

Let's hope they feel flat and depressed about it on Wednesday.

Also, Tampa have a 3-0 lead against the Bruins, AND the Cats are fighting back against the pens. Me thinks the Pens may need another call to Toronto :lol:

Edited by hockeybaby

Last night was not a good one for the rest of the SE. Bolts lose 8-1 to Boston, Kats lose 3-2 to Kings, Caps lose 2-1 to Stars, and ATL loses 3-2 to Pens.

From NHL.com

Puck drop: Sutter displayed his unhappiness with Calgary's forwards late in Wednesday's game by putting out five defensemen -- Jay Bouwmeester, Brendan Mikkelson, Robyn Regehr, Anton Babchuk and Cory Sarich -- for the last half minute of a power play.

"We weren't doing anything on it," Sutter said. "I didn't think our forwards were working very hard on it. The first unit went out there and they never spent any time in the offensive zone whatsoever so I thought I'd give the defensemen an opportunity."

Ol Babs lit up the lamp in the 4-2 loss to the Blackhawks last night on the PP. It was a freaking rocket. He's still a pylon on defense though. And in other news, O'Sully had a nice shootout goal the other night for his new team.

While the Canes are sitting around idle....

we dropped down to 11th in the conference

Florida beat the Avs in OT last night and are now just 1 point behind us

Atlanta beat the Preds in OT and are now ranked 7th

TKo scored Calgary's 2d goal against the Bolts

Whitney, whose age "posed too much risk for a multi-year contract" leads the Yotes in scoring with 18 points.

what is the logic in watching the Caps and Kitty-kat game tonight? At this point of the season does it really matter which team wins?

what is the logic in watching the Caps and Kitty-kat game tonight? At this point of the season does it really matter which team wins?

I would have to say Caps would be who we want to win, they are already way ahead in the division, and FLA is right on our tails in pts, if FLA wins and we lose, we would be the caboose of the SE division.

Panthers won the game, Canes are now in the basement of the SE Division. No surprise, you can't win any points when you're sitting idle watching your opponents play games. Next few game are critical.

Wow, the Caps are on a skid of epic proportions (or at least the worst skid in 3 years) . They were shut out today against the Rangers which brings their winless record to 9. Things must be pretty bad in Capsville when you see the great Ovechkin resorting to a fight with Dubinsky but the most entertaining was watching Bruce Boudreau look like he was going to explode in the post game press conference. If the Caps don't pull themselves out their funk soon, the Winter Classic and all the OV/Sid fanfare could end up a big bust. The hottest team in the league going up against the coolest...... not sure how entertaining that would end up being.

As a Canes fan, I'd like to see their loss record at least get to 15. Pretty sure the Islander fans feel the same way ;)

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=87189

Wow, the Caps are on a skid of epic proportions (or at least the worst skid in 3 years) . They were shut out today against the Rangers which brings their winless record to 9. Things must be pretty bad in Capsville when you see the great Ovechkin resorting to a fight with Dubinsky but the most entertaining was watching Bruce Boudreau look like he was going to explode in the post game press conference. If the Caps don't pull themselves out their funk soon, the Winter Classic and all the OV/Sid fanfare could end up a big bust. The hottest team in the league going up against the coolest...... not sure how entertaining that would end up being.

As a Canes fan, I'd like to see their loss record at least get to 15. Pretty sure the Islander fans feel the same way ;)

http://video.nhl.com...tid=35&id=87189

Totally agree. I went on the caps board, and they are screaming for BB to be fired :shock: I wish we had 39 points,....but NOT BB for our coach!

The Caps are too laden with talent to go into a total tailspin. This is where Ovi can see if he is worthy of wearing the "C" to pull the team out of its funk.

The Trash let the Sens come back to tie after pulling out to a 3-0 lead put pulled it out in the OT after a Sens player did a stupid no-look pass and a Trash player stole it and scored.

Have to admit to some schadenfreude watching the Caps fall apart. In my opinion, despite their record they haven't really been a good *team* all year. All you have to do is look to see who the captain is to know why. Can't exactly fire him, though I guess they could pull the C. But who else would take it? Distinct lack of leadership on this team.

Edited by JLP

Boston loses in regulation to Montreal tonight, so we're now just 6 back for the 8th spot.

Meanwhile things continue to be tight as can be in the West. 6 teams have 35 points, LA has the 7th spot and Chicago has the 12th. A win in that conference is a big jump, or big letdown standings wise right now.

Have to admit to some schadenfreude watching the Caps fall apart. In my opinion, despite their record they haven't really been a good *team* all year. All you have to do is look to see who the captain is to know why. Can't exactly fire him, though I guess they could pull the C. But who else would take it? Distinct lack of leadership on this team.

schadenfreude? Had to look this one up :huh:

After watching 24/7 Pens/Caps on HBO, I would have to agree that the Caps are seriously lacking some leadership. Their coach rants and curses at them, their Captain doesn't lead by example and they have a bunch of very talented players who have no idea what it means to be a team. The need a veteran Captain who's been through the trenches and worked hard in his NHL career who can teach the rest of the players that success comes from hard work and sacrifice for the sake of the team.

I'd also take replace the C with and A on OV and take that pressure off of him, his job is to score goals. He's not a team leader (at least he's not shown any public signs of being one). I might have taken my chance last summer and extended Scott Walker another year or two for his leadership qualities alone (its not too late to sign him). He was the captain in Nashville and was one of the veteran leaders for the Canes, he knows what it takes when crunch time comes. I doubt he'd have any problem with 4th line duty and the Caps have plenty of talent in place already.

All that being said, I too will admit to some schadenfreude when watching the Caps squirm. :lol:

Yeah that's one of my favorite words.

Hard to lead from the 4th line, as we saw with Brindy. Little different I know. The other thing is Walker was just falling apart and not very productive the last few years. Would love to see him playing more than the Alumni game, but its probably not in the cards for him. But the Caps need something, that's for sure. Not surprised to see it happening, but they have plenty of time to get their act together.

Boudreau has never seemed like a great coach to me. He gets by with the talent level he has, but there is no depth there and talent alone isn't going to get them to the Cup. Which is fine by me. :)