The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Out of Town Scores 2010-11

You must be pleased :)

Crazy game. I ended up seeing that last period when all the fireworks broke out and it looked to me like Roloson cost his team that win. I didn't think Stafford intentionally ran him but either way, it wasn't reviewable so he needed to just re-focus and move on. He couldn't and everything fell apart around him, I wouldn't want to have been in that locker room after that game.

Good for the Sabres but not for the Canes. Atlanta was never my biggest concern, Buffalo was/is.

I love hockey in general, I would have been happy for the Canes too if they won. I don't bear the grudge of the 2005-2006 playoffs like some people.

I love hockey in general, I would have been happy for the Canes too if they won. I don't bear the grudge of the 2005-2006 playoffs like some people.

I think we all love hockey in general to spend time discussing it on a message board. ;)

Sabres look strong right now and that big win last night will make them more confident. Did Lindy change up the system because they seem to be playing with more of a physical edge to their game. I was surprised to see what Buffalo was dishing out to Tampa last night but admittedly it was the first Buffalo game I've seen in a while. Maybe the new ownership deal has sparked something?

Canes need to clean up their own end if they want to hang in there.

I think we all love hockey in general to spend time discussing it on a message board. ;)

Sabres look strong right now and that big win last night will make them more confident. Did Lindy change up the system because they seem to be playing with more of a physical edge to their game. I was surprised to see what Buffalo was dishing out to Tampa last night but admittedly it was the first Buffalo game I've seen in a while. Maybe the new ownership deal has sparked something?

Canes need to clean up their own end if they want to hang in there.

I think that it's a combination of the two factors you suggested. Remember that the leading point getter on Buffalo is injured (which sucks).

Buffalo needs - a veteran scoring leader (not unlike Ray Whitney per se)

Carolina needs - a steady blueline defender (not unlike Steve Montador)

Good for the Sabres but not for the Canes. Atlanta was never my biggest concern, Buffalo was/is.

Qas watching commentators on "NHL On The Fly" last night, they picked th Slugs to make the playoffs and the Canes to hit the golf course.

Qas watching commentators on "NHL On The Fly" last night, they picked th Slugs to make the playoffs and the Canes to hit the golf course.

:kleenex:

Wacky Boston - Montreal game... 7 goals were scored in like a six minute span, everyone in the ice was in a fight, including goalies Carey Price and Tim Thomas!!! Boston up 6 - 4 at the moment.

Wacky Boston - Montreal game... 7 goals were scored in like a six minute span, everyone in the ice was in a fight, including goalies Carey Price and Tim Thomas!!! Boston up 6 - 4 at the moment.

the game is somewhat like am ECHL game. the only thing lacking is for the refs to duke it out

Guess that shouldn't surprise any of us. It's okay, I think the Carolina Hurricanes enjoy being the "underdog", flying under the radar, etc. nod.gif

Guess that shouldn't surprise any of us. It's okay, I think the Carolina Hurricanes enjoy being the "underdog", flying under the radar, etc.

It could be good to help the Canes play with a chip on their shoulders

definitely a wild game between montreal and boston...LOL. (Boston's leading 7-5 at end of the third.) Hey...I just heard them do the "Woooo!!" - I thought that was ours? ROFL

definitely a wild game between montreal and boston...LOL. (Boston's leading 7-5 at end of the third.) Hey...I just heard them do the "Woooo!!" - I thought that was ours? ROFL

Now another all ice brawl...though this time the goalies (wisely) stayed in their crease ...

Final now, 8-6 Boston. One for the water cooler talk tomorrow!

Edited by Red_Storm

You know, I can deal with a fight for the right reason(s), but that was a joke. Was like some Ultimate Fighting show or something, with half the players from each team on the ice (fighting). I think when it gets that ridiculous, it feeds right into that old stereotype about hockey, sadly.

Edited by DianeNC

You know, I can deal with a fight for the right reason(s), but that was a joke. Was like some Ultimate Fighting show or something, with half the players from each team on the ice (fighting). I think when it gets that ridiculous, it feeds right into that old stereotype about hockey, sadly.

Maybe, but I guarantee you no one left the game early because of it. That was a classic old-time Bruins-Habs game.

Good ol' Mike Milbury also insisted that the Leafs had a legitimate chance at making the playoffs.

:popcorn:

Good ol' Mike Milbury also insisted that the Leafs had a legitimate chance at making the playoffs.

:popcorn:

Do you mean to tell me that someone out there actually listens to that blow hard Mike Millbury? :lol:

Games of interest tonight Fri 2/11

Det @ Bos (break out the six legged sushi and pull for Hockeytown)

SJ @ Nj ( Take a bite out of a Devil - go sharks)

Pitt @ NYI (The future Quebec hockey club could get lucky- go Isles )

NYR @ ATL (gets interesting here but follow my convoluted logic. Thrash trash Rags. We can regain 8th this weekend with a win over Atl and with luck overtake the Rangers if we win the TB and Atlanta games and they (Rags) get beat by Pitt on Sunday) Always look ahead and never look behind you.

NYR @ ATL (gets interesting here but follow my convoluted logic. Thrash trash Rags. We can regain 8th this weekend with a win over Atl and with luck overtake the Rangers if we win the TB and Atlanta games and they (Rags) get beat by Pitt on Sunday) Always look ahead and never look behind you.

Regain 8th? I just checked the standings here on our site, plus two other sites, and as far as I can tell, we still hold 8th place. confused5.gif

anyone watching the Rags/Trash game? It looks like there are more empty seats than fans.

I've just got the audio, but can imagine (about the empty seats). Thrashers up 1-0 after the first period...we need the Rangers to take care of business...

Regain 8th? I just checked the standings here on our site, plus two other sites, and as far as I can tell, we still hold 8th place. confused5.gif

Not if Atlanta wins tonight. Then we have to beat Atlanta this weekend to take it back. Warned you it was convoluted logic.

Edited by OBXer

the Rags need to beat the Trash in regulation to push them further out of playoff competition. and OT/SO loss gives them a point but due to games played the Canes still have 8th place. While the Bolts game is important, the match-up on Sunday is critical. The Canes need the points and need to win the one-on-one match-ups

Islanders and Pits doing their best MTL/BOS impression, things getting ugly w/ isle up 8-3...

115 PIM for PITS (23 Penalties)

140 PIM for NY (29 Penalties)

Islanders have 5 players on the bench left lol.

more fights... lol GEEZ going at it again!

Edited by Ichigo-1

the Rags need to beat the Trash in regulation to push them further out of playoff competition.

You ain't kidding...bottom of the third...Atlanta just scored again, and it's 3-2 Thrashers. Not good for the Canes. Not good at all. 17.gif

Nj beats SJ 2-1

They're on fire. (And doing a lot better in playing "catch-up" after a terrible first half of the season then the Canes did last year.) Sheesh, I think they've won all of their last four games.