The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Out of Town Scores 2010-11

Pitts has 3 people on the bench left, islanders 4.

I don't know if it was the blow out that started all the fights or what I only caught it at 7mins left in the 3rd, so not sure, but someone did something to someone I think...

9-3 crowd chanting we want 10!

Edited by Ichigo-1

There was a massive fight in the 2nd. Loads of penalties and game misconducts. OF COURSE the pens announcers are in full cry about "dangerous plays etc" not mentioning that they have their own "lose cannon" in Matt Cooke. I am so glad they lost this game.

Pitts has 3 people on the bench left, islanders 4.

I don't know if it was the blow out that started all the fights or what I only caught it at 7mins left in the 3rd, so not sure, but someone did something to someone I think...

9-3 crowd chanting we want 10!

I can't wait to see highlights of this game

Atlanta overtakes the Rangers tonight at the end of third (3-2), and the Canes are back on the outside looking in. Guess it was just a matter of time before that happened. (We can't rely on other teams to win/lose, but need to start winning and earning points ourselves.)

Edited by DianeNC

You ain't kidding...bottom of the third...Atlanta just scored again, and it's 3-2 Thrashers. Not good for the Canes. Not good at all.

The Trash won it in regulation. Makes getting at least a point against the Bolts and wins against the Trash and the Devils key to maintaining playoff position.

over 300 mins of penalties w/ pits and isle, set new NHL record I believe. Pits post game crying about cheap shots... REALLY? Wow that's rich *cough*cooke*cough*

*cracks knuckles* If anyone is bored tonight head to other teams boards and read their GDTs... entertainment galore.

Edited by Ichigo-1

Good for the Isles. 'bout time someone stood up to the pens for all the smack they dish out.

The press will probably bemoan the fact the Crosby was not part of the melee!!

You ain't kidding...bottom of the third...Atlanta just scored again, and it's 3-2 Thrashers. Not good for the Canes. Not good at all.

The Trash won it in regulation. Makes getting at least a point against the Bolts and wins against the Trash and the Devils key to maintaining playoff position.

The rangers are in trouble. I think they will find themselves in 8/9th spot.......unless we take it from them :pullhair:

Do not despair. Our fate is in our hands. If we beat the bolts we are back in 8th. If we lose to the bolts and beat the thrash we are back in 8th. If the hockey gods are smiling on us and we beat the bolts and the thrash and the rags lose to pitt on Sunday we are in 7th. Of course the key is we step up and beat both the bolts and thrash.

Do not despair. Our fate is in our hands. If we beat the bolts we are back in 8th. If we lose to the bolts and beat the thrash we are back in 8th. If the hockey gods are smiling on us and we beat the bolts and the thrash and the rags lose to pitt on Sunday we are in 7th. Of course the key is we step up and beat both the bolts and thrash.

That's sounds alot better!

Do not despair. Our fate is in our hands.

agreed....but the Canes have not played their hands very well this season. If theu could put together some solid win streaks I would be more confident.

The actions by Martin and Gillies in the Isles/Pens game are disgraceful.

With that said, it was a pleasure to see the beatdown the Isles put on the Pens - bot on the scoreboard and in the 1v1 fights. Great to see the Isles stand up after the last game in Pittsburgh.

We've all witnessed the Pens goon it up when they fall behind, and the antics of Matt Cooke. The guy should be banned from the game already. The Pens broadcast (Steigerwald and Errey) was a disgrace, and maybe they'll think about the game and opponents when the Pens revert to their goon game. While they were right about Martin and Gilles, they should be ashamed of themselves for complaining about the music ("Welcome to the Jungle") after dissing the Isles crowd support and scoreboard.

Was great to see the Pens and their broadcast cheerleaders all come unraveled.

I didn't see the game, but it sounds like it was a repeat of the never-ending on-ice brawls in the Bruins game the other night. Sorry, but even if there are teams out there that deserve a "beat-down", I'm one that hopes this out of control fighting that's been allowed to take place in two consecutive games now, stops. As I've posted elsewhere in this thread, I totally understand there being a time/place in a game when isolated fighting between two players breaks out, but this is totally ridiculous (and disgraceful to the sport.) It's not what many of us who love the sport tune in to see.

I didn't see the game, but it sounds like it was a repeat of the never-ending on-ice brawls in the Bruins game the other night. Sorry, but even if there are teams out there that deserve a "beat-down", I'm one that hopes this out of control fighting that's been allowed to take place in two consecutive games now, stops. As I've posted elsewhere in this thread, I totally understand there being a time/place in a game when isolated fighting between two players breaks out, but this is totally ridiculous (and disgraceful to the sport.) It's not what many of us who love the sport tune in to see.

Beat-down doesn't usually mean physically. Winning 9-3 against a divisional rival that lackes respect for you, THATS a beat-down!

Final scores...

Rangers beat Pittsburgh (5-3) and move a little further out of reach.

Islanders beat Buffalo in OT (7-6) to give the Slugs one point, but guess it's better then giving them two points, and the win.

Edited by DianeNC

Phil Kessel finally scores his 1st goal against the Bruins on a PP. Penalty was on Chara.

Buffalo plays Montreal tonight, and with a win, will sit just two points behind the Canes. Guess who we need to be rooting for tonight...

need to be Habs fans and hope they win in regulation

need to be Habs fans and hope they win in regulation

You got it, LOL. So far so good...Habs lead Buffalo 2-0 about midway through the 2nd. :thumbsup:

Beginning of 3rd, Habs 2, Buffalo 1

Middle of 3rd not looking good...Buffalo has tied it up 2-2

...and it looks like whatever happens isn't gonna take place during regulation.

Buffalo gets at least one point closer to the Canes :unsure:

...and it goes to a shoot-out...now going to second round in shoot-out

(up to the 10th shot right now) How long do they allow this to go on? LOL

Crap. After a marathon shoot-out (at least 10 shots), Buffalo wins it...and is now just itching to take the place of the Carolina Hurricanes 8th spot.

Edited by DianeNC

Buffalo wins it...and is now just itching to take the place of the Carolina Hurricanes 8th spot.

From a hockey standpoint it was a great game. Using a call-up fresh from the AHL, the Slugs come from two goals down to win the game. Not only that, they came from two goals down in the SO. Now they are in 9th place, two points down with two games in hand. And they have six straight at home.