The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TheseGoTo11

Where do you go when you don't have tickets or TV?

You visit cool people like me who do have Centre Ice

8)

No, I am kidding. I don't want random people showing up on my doorstep.

I do believe that if you visit Buffalo Wild Wings and ask them to put the game on, the will. Actually, I don't know if they have Centre Ice or not =

You can always organize a little get together with a bunch of friends that don't have CI and watch it at someones that does.

You're not supposed to GO anywhere... you're supposed to be here & be miserable w/ all the rest of us who can't watch for whatever reason.

crymeariver.gif

:mrgreen: <--24 pack game

:cry: <--away game

I watched the 3rd period of last night's game at Playmakers on Hillsborough St.

Great Western NY wings there too. Just can't seem to get the "B" word out :wink:.

I watched the 3rd period of last night's game at Playmakers on Hillsborough St.

Great Western NY wings there too. Just can't seem to get the "B" word out :wink:.

It's okay to say Buffalo in that case... BWW is the best restaurant to ever exist. I can't say enough good things about it.

You're not supposed to GO anywhere... you're supposed to be here & be miserable w/ all the rest of us who can't watch for whatever reason.

crymeariver.gif

You mean, there are people out there who abandon us in our time of misery to *gasps* go watch the game elsewhere?!? What kind of fans are those? :mrgreen:

First of all, and I am fairly certain about this, we are NOT 'RANDOM PEOPLE" :evil:

That out of the way, by all means, send directions so us non-random fabulous caniacs can show up on your doorstep for any and all hockey games that your Center Ice is broadcasting. bwaaaaahaaaaahaaaaa! :twisted:

But I live too far away so you don't have to worry about me being there.

I listen to NHL radio feed, have the NHL superstats up, the Canes site up, and our boards - that's when I'm able to partake of the games (usually fri nights cause I don't have to work that night) and not be in bed for my evening nap prior to the night shift. I sincerely hope that the radio feed is problem feed and THAT OUR SERVER IS NOT CRAWLING AT THE SPEED OF MUD DURING THE GAME. Tues night was the pits! (rant) I'm glad the family ordered me off to bed or I'd have been *edit* about where's the ammo for the .22 so I could shoot the PC...

Say, did I mention that I was in the final stages of PMS on Tuesday night? that would account for the extreme near violence. Now I'm just in labor and am incapacitated and harmless. Will be ramping up for cider night however. I'm thinking that the sparkling beverages will slip down smoothly and be mighty tasty. I have pear and apple in supply. I'm making myself thirsty!

Say, did I mention that I was in the final stages of PMS on Tuesday night? that would account for the extreme near violence. Now I'm just in labor and am incapacitated and harmless.

Irish, there are probably those among us who would call that TMI.

Well technically if anyone has digital cable or satellite, then you have Center Ice for a little while longer at least :P

Anyway, luckily there is only 1 more away game this year that we don't have TV coverage for, and it's only Montreal so who cares. :lol:

Since I go to all the home games, I'll just go to the bar for that one game and not miss a game.

I'm sorry!

I meant I don't want the lovely Hurricanes fans from this forum (which of course are not 'random people') showing up on my doorstep while I am trying to watch a Canadiens game.. :D

So take your wings elsewhere, guys! Lol

And besides- I don't agree with that post ^ The Montreal game could get preeetty interesting 8) saying they are so fantastic and all.

Well technically if anyone has digital cable or satellite, then you have Center Ice for a little while longer at least :P

Anyway, luckily there is only 1 more away game this year that we don't have TV coverage for, and it's only Montreal so who cares. :lol:

Since I go to all the home games, I'll just go to the bar for that one game and not miss a game.

He meant to throw in that O'Dwyers is the bar in Wake Forest that plays the game for us. We walk in, and they automatically know to grab the remote.

He meant to throw in that O'Dwyers is the bar in Wake Forest that plays the game for us. We walk in, and they automatically know to grab the remote.

That is pretty cool! Would be kind of a drive for me, but may check it out!

Like Tuesday I just put on Chuck and came on here to chat with other caniacs. I just wish the server could be a bit quicker at times when there's so many people on trying to reply at once when someone scores. :D

Just wondering if anyone has tried the Canes Cool Bars? The dear hubby and I were thinking about trying it. It seems to be cheaper than spring for Center Ice? Any thoughts?

You'll love Cool Bars. Not only the food and the game but the drawings for really nice things. There is one coming up next week, (I think). Try it out but get there early for a good seat.

Thanks, Bodyslam. Dear Hubby likes Carolina Ale House, so that shouldn't be too hard to convince him to try next Tuesday. Go early, huh? Works out better for me. Hockey, dinner out, and a babysitter. When the guys win that night, it will be icing on the cake! Woo hoo! Thanks again for the 411 on the Canes Cool Bar.