The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
LetsGoCanes72

Is anybody going to the airport to welcome the Canes back?

I think they are getting back at like 4am, I am a night owl and all, but even that is pushing it for me. Not sure though, there is a link that has their flight status and info somewhere out there.

We were chanting "Airport, airport, airport" at our bus driver on way back from game to hotel. We were denied! BTW, Joni will have is cocker spaniel with him, bringing him back to Raleigh from FInland. This really explains Joni.

We were chanting "Airport, airport, airport" at our bus driver on way back from game to hotel. We were denied! BTW, Joni will have is cocker spaniel with him, bringing him back to Raleigh from FInland. This really explains Joni.

he's a defenseman with a soft spot..... :kleenex: ...maybe he will be really happy to have his pet in Raleigh.

I'll go if some others will confirm their interest. I don't want to be a jackass and be the only one out there! I live 10 mins away from RDU and will probably be up super late tonight anyway, so I'd be down for going to welcome them back.

Just curious if they will have to be processed like all other international arrivals through US Customs, or if they are expedited on the departure end. I remember hearing Kaiton speak of customs delays even when leaving Canada. Better check on this in case their plane pulls into the International Gate in the new terminal.

I'm up for it (even with the hobble sticks!) Let's welcome the boys back to the States in style! I'm just not quite sure about the where and when. Does anyone know how to check on that with an international flight?

Also, my want to consider security issues as well, I think there was an issue w/ that a few years ago w/ the playoffs. Not sure if they are anticipating anyone showing up randomly in the middle of the night to meet the team.

There was an issue, they wigged out a little bit the first game or two of the playoffs and then got a routine settled. That's when they assigned us the abandoned parking lot. :grin: one would hope they'd remember... one would likely be wrong...

Okay, looks like they will be landing at Terminal 2 and they will have to clear Customs, but at least some of their cars are at Gen. Av. Flight is due in probably about 4:45. Will have some more info in about half an hour. And will see if I hit my post limit :) forgot about that, problem with being a perpetual lurker!

I can't find the flight on FlightAware specifically, but there is one due in from Nova Scotia at about 4:20 ack emma. Otherwise nothing between one and six, the one at 1 is from Atlanta and the one at six is from LA. Apparently they will go through customs and take the shuttles around to their cars. Is anyone else going? I'm going to feel a little silly out there by myself ;)

Edited by PikaCane

I can't find the flight on FlightAware specifically, but there is one due in from Nova Scotia at about 4:20 ack emma. Otherwise nothing between one and six, the one at 1 is from Atlanta and the one at six is from LA. Apparently they will go through customs and take the shuttles around to their cars. Is anyone else going? I'm going to feel a little silly out there by myself ;)

The flight thru Nova Scotia is the correct one.

And apparently I got to feel a little silly. Did everyone else wait inside and see them at Customs? I hope my very wonderful and very patient boyfriend and I weren't the only ones there at all! I think my being on crutches did amuse the team a little, though...