The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Manwolf

Forward Lines and Power Play v2010-11

No word of a lie, Mo has this new App for lines, and when you shake your Iphone, it makes new lines for the game. :lol:

Hilarious! Let me know when they make an App that shakes him up.

Production rates, with 11 games remaining...

Like with the previous ratings, I have combined even strength and power play stats.

The production rate reflects goals + points per 60 minutes played.

(i.e. goals + points / toi * 60)

(i.e. goals count twice as much as assists.)

I have included the 61 game rate after the 71 game rate, and the equivalent production rate from last season (after the player's name) for players who were here. I am only including numbers from games played with the Hurricanes - games played with other teams are not included for any players traded here or away.

Since several players are now over 1000 minutes (even strength and power play), I have indicated which players have less than 500 minutes in addition to those with less than 100 minutes.

I have not included any players that have not played any games with the team since the last time the ratings were posted.

1st71- 1st61 **=less than 100 minutes *=less than 500 minutes (last season)

3.88 - 4.13 Jussi Jokinen (4.19)

3.78 - 4.04 Jeff Skinner

3.65 - 3.86 Eric Staal (3.88)

3.21 - 3.40 Tuomo Ruutu (3.33)

2.95 - 2.97 Erik Cole (2.47)

2.63 - 2.69 Sergei Samsonov (2.68)

2.44 - -.-- *Cory Stillman

2.22 - 2.47 *Jiri Tlusty (1.86)

2.21 - 2.16 Brandon Sutter (3.07)

2.07 - 2.00 Chad LaRose (2.66)

1.89 - 1.99 Patrick Dwyer (1.57)

1.33 - 1.58 **Jerome Samson

0.77 - 0.45 *Troy Bodie

0.00 - 0.00 **Drayson Bowman

Interesting stuff.

1. For the love of...please resign Jussi. He is our only playmaker, assuming we don't resign Stillman. The guy just puts up points, that's all, oh and he's -1 on a team that has only 3 guys that are plus (that have played a decent number of games here).

2. Skinner. Dang. He could have a brilliant career if he didn't improve at all. The fact is that he is going to improve. Scary.

3. Cole's numbers finally matching his "game". Early in the year I would not have resigned Cole next year. Now, they better!

4. Dwyer and LaRose, it's been a nice ride, enjoy the parting gifts.

5. Sutter will get back to around 3.0 on this metric next year, and BTW his +13 is just astounding on this team, just WAY outside the norm.

6. Tlusty is starting to show up. He will likely be similar to many "non Skinner" young players who take a few years to really put the scoring thing together. I think he'll break out next year. Oh and he's the best +/- forward not of the Sutter lineage (not counting Stillman who just arrived).

7. Bowman. That kid has looked real good this last time around, see Tlusty. I'm thinking breakout next year for him too.

Overall I look at this and think. We have a pretty good future ahead of us at least up front. If we keep Cole/Jussi.

Holy plus/minus, Batman! Sutter is +13?! That is amazing!

I agree with your evaluation and conclusion except for Dwyer... he's been a valuable role player this season and his speed is a real benefit for the team. I love me some Dwyer.

Holy plus/minus, Batman! Sutter is +13?! That is amazing!

I agree with your evaluation and conclusion except for Dwyer... he's been a valuable role player this season and his speed is a real benefit for the team. I love me some Dwyer.

I like Dwyer's intangibles and speed, but he just doesn't complete plays. I would love him as a 4th liner who can slide up.

Bumping this one last time.

Production rates for the season...

Like with the previous ratings, I have combined even strength and power play stats.

The production rate reflects goals + points per 60 minutes played.

(i.e. goals + points / toi * 60)

(i.e. goals count twice as much as assists.)

I have included the 71 game rate after the season rate, and the equivalent production rate from last season (after the player's name) for players who were here. I am only including numbers from games played with the Hurricanes.

All players have crossed the 100 minutes mark (even strength and power play). I have indicated which players have less than 500 minutes.

Bodie is the only player that has not played any games with the team since the last rating.

82gm - 1st71 *=less than 500 minutes (last season)

4.12 - 3.78 Jeff Skinner

3.72 - 3.65 Eric Staal (3.88)

3.71 - 3.88 Jussi Jokinen (4.19)

3.32 - 3.21 Tuomo Ruutu (3.33)

3.21 - 2.95 Erik Cole (2.47)

3.17 - 2.44 *Cory Stillman

2.12 - 2.21 Brandon Sutter (3.07)

2.07 - 2.07 Chad LaRose (2.66)

1.93 - 2.22 Jiri Tlusty (1.86)

1.45 - 1.89 Patrick Dwyer (1.57)

0.77 - 0.77 *Troy Bodie

0.76 - 1.33 *Jerome Samson