The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AppState_mj

any Triad area canes fans?

just moved to greensboro after graduating, and am looking for some fellow caniacs in the greensboro, winston, high point area. anyone know if there are any fan groups here in the triad, or good sports bars where people go and watch the canes?

I'm in Whitsett about 10 minutes outside of G-Boro and 10 minutes from Burlington. We got fans here, but I haven't met a ton of "fanatics" most are just "go when the tickets are free" guys.

As far bars, got me. I watch the games at home like a dork.

just moved to greensboro after graduating, and am looking for some fellow caniacs in the greensboro, winston, high point area. anyone know if there are any fan groups here in the triad, or good sports bars where people go and watch the canes?

I'm in Wentworth 20 miles North of GSO. I'd give T K Tripps a try. It's at the intersection of Spring Garden and Holden.

I'm in Mebane and it's very hard to find a bar/pub or anyplace up here that is really behind the Canes. Not easy for them to turn off UNC,STATE, and dook!But please if anyone does find a Canes "HOTSPOT" please let us all know.

I'm alot like Legend,,,I watch at home right now!

I live in Greensboro and have been a STH since 2005. There are actually a lot of Hurricanes fans in the Triad as evidenced by stickers, flags, etc. I either go to the games or watch it at home but I've heard JP Looneys at Holden and Spring Garden always carry the games. It actually would be great to form a Triad Hurricanes Club or something...

I live in Greensboro and have been a hockey fan since Feb 2003 and have followed the Canes since the 03/04 season. The only bar I can think of is Stumble Stilskins on West Market/Greene Street. It's home of the Patriots fan club and the guy who owns it is from Boston so they show alot of Pats/Redsox/Anything Boston games but I have seen Canes games there before. There is also a sports bar called REFS off Westridge/Battleground. I've never been there so I don't know what games they show, but it's worth checking out. I agree with Canesrun. Forming a Triad Hurricanes Club would be pretty cool. For those of youu that watch it at home, Don't feel bad. At least you get to see the games. Until I can afford cable again, I have to stick checking scores/updates on my phone........Talk about major hockey withdrawl.