The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Obi-Wan

Two churches, five minutes apart, in Greenville, NC, burnt

The church burnings make about as much sense as the Clayton father who beheaded his four year old. I have no clue as to what this world is coming to but I can tell you all to enjoy every single day you have, make the best of it, don't dwell on things that don't go your way and be good to yourself and everyone else. Stepping down now !

longsawbm1.gif

BEHEADED 4 year old???????? That is wrong... :shock:

is it just me or it that the wrong emoticon to have to go with the post about the little girl from Clayton???

Ya wanna know something even weirder than all of this (the church burning and the decapitation)? The father was quoting Scripture versus when he was arrested. I can't help being so emotional about this as it happened within 7 miles of my house but my God, when are people gonna realize that if things just are NOT going your way, LEAVE. Why men and women can't get divorced and not kill one another is beyond me. If this man and his wife were having problems, why kill the child? He will probably get off as being insane and we'll have to pay for him for the rest of his life. Where is justice in that??

Kermel, I heard about that last night and it's just terrible. I don't know what else that town is going to have to endure. They've suffered so much already. My heart goes out to them.

They're saying they've accounted for everyone missing, so the total number of lives lost seems to be 9. At least one was a Marshall student (and his two younger siblings) and there's speculation that the ninth person, whose body was found today, was also a Marshall student.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Kermel. :(

Oh, I don't think I ever got to post about going to see We Are Marshall in the theater? Was very emotional for those of us in the theater, and everyone in the crowd was very solemn and quiet until we all started cheering for Marshall in the end.

Well, except everyone kind of chuckled at the "You lost to East Carolina???" comment in the film. :)

I'm still a student @ ECU and i ehard about the fires when i was back home in Pinehurst. when i came back to town i drove around to find them. i only found one of the 2, but the one i found is the one on Greenville Blvd., right after you cross 14th st and that certain set of diagonal railroad tracks going east/south....the church is absolutely destroyed...at least part of it. it's a shame. it really is.

There were some ECU fans in my alumni showing, Pirate, but the most snickering came during the WVU-is-also-recruiting scenes. =.) In the scene where they recruit the basketball player (played by a real MU basketball player who'd just finished his senior year, so he was in the clear with the NCAA), the tower on the right was my dorm. It was so awesome to see my favorite college town -- AND FREAKIN' CHAD PENNINGTON! *heart* him forever and ever -- on the big screen. Some of the games they showed at the end, I was at, like the bowl game where all the seniors/captains came out on the field holding hands. That was Chad's last game for the Herd. :cry:

I saw it again a couple of weekends ago and I was the only MU person in the theater, I think. Ended up sitting right next to some teen girls. It was so funny to watch them cheering during the Xavier football scenes. =.)

An update on the fire in Huntington: nine people died, three of them Marshall students. Two siblings of one of the students also perished in the fire. The mother said they were untouched by the fire, they still looked like her angels, so I'm guessing it was smoke inhalation, which is usually the case in fires. I'm just glad they still looked like her angels when she had to ID them.