The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
hockeybaby

Joni Pitkanen

I said those who are making up things, and trying to find fault in good plays are being childish. If you're one of those people, then maybe.

Like I said, I had a guy sitting behind me Tuesday night who complained every time Pitkanen did something good. The guy was seeing things totally differently than everyone else around him. He had his hate blinders on, and sounded like a dumb@$$ in the process.

This topic has really run it's course. You can blindfold me and I know almost everyone's stance on the subject, whats the point to keep battering each other?

Someone's gotta be the man and drop it already. Having the last word doesnt = winning the debate.

This whole thread is worthless. Joni is a -2 on the team, which only counts for his even strength play...it doesn't even show how important he is on the power play for us. Little comparison for you: Corvo -13, Gleason -11, Mcbain -6....only Harrison has a positive +/- and how often does he set up offense? Joni is our best defenseman and will probably command a 5M salary next season. I'm just hoping it is with us.

This whole thread is worthless. Joni is a -2 on the team, which only counts for his even strength play...it doesn't even show how important he is on the power play for us. Little comparison for you: Corvo -13, Gleason -11, Mcbain -6....only Harrison has a positive +/- and how often does he set up offense? Joni is our best defenseman and will probably command a 5M salary next season. I'm just hoping it is with us.

I get what you are saying,,(the worthless part) but it is heading towards 300 replies so I guess its got alot of people talking about this.

The command part (5m) is way over priced .IMO

This topic has really run it's course. You can blindfold me and I know almost everyone's stance on the subject, whats the point to keep battering each other?

Someone's gotta be the man and drop it already. Having the last word doesnt = winning the debate.

Thank you Legend

If people stop replying it'll drop off the page ;)

We can only hope.

As the starter of this topic, I officially request that it now be dropped. Lots of different opinions on Mr. Joni. People will have to agree to disagree.

Goodbye.............. :applause: :applause:

I enjoy reading all of the posts in this long running thread, including those I disagree with. For those asking that it be dropped you can always choose to ignore it.

Personally I'm enjoying the 12 step process about Joni. With the Trade Deadline passed "acceptance" sounds good to me, but only until Free Agency speculation starts at season's end.

I say keep it coming.

You'll miss him ;)

No, my aim is fairly accurate. just ask the deer in my freezer :missing::D

in all seriousness i think that we will be in a boat on a certain creek without a paddle if we let him walk away, and we will be back to "why can't we get out of our zone?" posts.

I get what you are saying,,(the worthless part) but it is heading towards 300 replies so I guess its got alot of people talking about this.

The command part (5m) is way over priced .IMO

You know other NHL fans think that Pits is worth over 5-5.5M.

I'd like to put Joni's salary in perspective.

Paul Martin, Michal Rozsival, Sheldon Souray, Sergei Gonchar, Roman Hamrlik, Wade Redden, and Mike Komisarek ALL make AT LEAST $4.5 million a season, just to name a few (there are a lot more). The price for defensemen is high league-wide. Based on this, I think it's reasonable to assume Joni will want between 4.5-5 million a season, unless the Canes lock him up long-term. Whether or not we as fans think he's worth that much is another matter entirely. Taking into consideration defenseman salaries across the league, Joni will be worth 4.5 to 5 million dollars a season, and some team will offer it to him should they get the chance.

Edited by ThaRaven

Heck, I don't even know what we need defensemen for really. With the way they play, I say we might as well put five forwards on the ice for every shift, so at least maybe then we can outscore them. Or defense consists of Cam Ward or poor Justin Peters being peppered with shots and hoping for the best.

Wow,even Tripp called out his Buddy Pits last nite!! 1 NITE AFTER VS'S DID :nonono:

:razz: COME PEOPLE WHERE IS ALL YOUR LOVE FOR PITS!!! :clapper:

Wow,even Tripp called out his Buddy Pits last nite!! 1 NITE AFTER VS'S DID :nonono:

:razz: COME PEOPLE WHERE IS ALL YOUR LOVE FOR PITS!!! :clapper:

Are you adding to the discussion or baiting a reaction from the members? Feel free to give us your take on Pitkanen's performance which would add constructively to the thread. A post made for the sole purpose of baiting a reaction from fellow members falls within the definition of trolling. I think most here have decided to ignore your attempts to bait them but would happily engage in a real discussion if it was presented that way.

Thanks for understanding.

Joni. Pitkanen. Awful.

How many times can you send a cross ice pass point to point, and pass it out of the offensive zone? Lazy passes, holds the puck and telegraphs the pass, no neutral zone speed, this odd wandering around before the faceoff skating circles, out of position on the faceoffs because of previous point, not pinching when he should, I could go on and on and on and on....

The worst part is, since we did not move him at the trade deadline, we will get nothing for him at the end of the season.

At least McBain will be healthy next season, and they should keep Joslin, he just keeps getting better, every game, every shift.

I will put this in the correct thread. :deadhorse:

Are you adding to the discussion or baiting a reaction from the members? Feel free to give us your take on Pitkanen's performance which would add constructively to the thread. A post made for the sole purpose of baiting a reaction from fellow members falls within the definition of trolling. I think most here have decided to ignore your attempts to bait them but would happily engage in a real discussion if it was presented that way.

Thanks for understanding.

TSA sorry but I don't understand,,what are YOU trying to do grade my posts.If that is where you want to go ,your post is no different than mine.You are trying to bait me (falls in the trolling definition), so isn't that the same as you"SAY" I am trying to do? Doesn't matter if peoiple want to ignore my posts and have a real discussion!

So hopefully YOU understand as well,

I was adding because Tripp did call him out as EDdie O did the nite before!

Edited by djharley

Ok, guys. I don't think that Joni plays well. I mentioned before that if we wanna keep him, we should give him much less than what he got right now. But you know what? This thread is just put every mistake on Joni now. I don't think that this is the right thing to do. I have seen some effort from him since he realized that he was not traded. I saw some good plays from him, good stick, good poke checks, etc. Yes, he still made some mistakes like turning the puck over, not being to keep the puck in the blue line when he was right there. BUT you know what? Right now, the 'whole team' suck! Not only Joni. Accept it! Think about it. Everybody makes mistakes, turns the puck over, isn't aware of a player is coming out of the box, etc. This is a 'team' sport.

I thought this thread was dead and buried, but I guess it will only fade away if Joni gets traded or plays awesome every game.

too late to get traded. to play awesome he would have to get a hat-trick each of the remaining games