The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
hockeybaby

Joni Pitkanen

too late to get traded. to play awesome he would have to get a hat-trick each of the remaining games

I think even with play at the above noted level people will still find reason to harp on the guy.

Mr. Marshmallow

What is his contract state again?? He worked pretty good with Jussi couple years back.

He's a UFA at the end of the season. The most frustrating thing imo about Joni's play at times is that we saw what he can do like you mentioned above in 09. He has no shortage of skill and talent, not sure what it is that holds him back from being an elite player. Then again, since consistency has been a problem with this team for years, I guess he's not exempt either.

I guess if Joni is going to make $4.5 to $5 million a year, one must ask, who else could we bring in here at that same level? I would have to think we could get one heck of a stay at home type defender for that. Given McBain and Corvo are puck movers and Joselin seems that way also, I would favor getting the best stay at home type guy $4.5 million could buy and let Joni take his on again off again act to the next town.

Yeah it was a nice shot after a game full of blunders! But I will say it was a nice shot!

oh yeah....

great play and pass by Skinner to set up that nice shot!! :thumbsup:

great play and pass by Skinner to set up that nice shot!! :thumbsup:

Skinner definitely made it all happen but it was finally nice to see some finish on one of those great Skinner plays. Maybe Joni will gain some confidence from that shot and start taking more of them.

Skinner definitely made it all happen but it was finally nice to see some finish on one of those great Skinner plays. Maybe Joni will gain some confidence from that shot and start taking more of them.

It could definitely help the team if that does happen, especially at this time of the year/season! Was nice to see him shoot instead of pass!