The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

Face behind the Avatar

301q788.jpg

Me on the left my sister on the right!

*edit* Heather?! This is a HORRIBLE picture of me.

(not that I look any better in other pictures...)

1305568907_l2.jpg

There...thats better (Im on the right).

AHAHAHA Just kidding.

1536640716_l.jpg

That would be me and my boyfriend.

I suppose thats the best you're gonna get. :)

Erm, here's me.

And Tangled is a Goddess! She has some of the most gorgeous hair I've ever seen! :)

You're both goddess material IMHO. But the goddess shots of you I would've picked from your album woulda been...

03.jpg

edit I see you changed your mind on the post-bangs one. Good choice!

^^^ Haha! I knew you'd bring that one up! Everyone always says something about that one! LOL!

And this surprises you ... why?

:Oops: Haha, I don't know at this point! I always asked people if they have wonky vision! Probably because I went through a really awkward phase that I didn't grow out of until right before college because I used to have braces and all that jazz. That picture was taken the month after I got my braces off. I still feel like the awkward kid. LOL! Ask Katy. She'll tell you I'm still goofy and awkward. Haha! :mrgreen:

oh, i get it!! ok, i'll find a half decent pic of me... oh wait, i look crappy in all pics!!

Ha ha, I always feel the same way myself - I hate all pictures I have of me. :lol: Everyone THINKS they know what Dr. Phil looks like, but they are gravely mistaken... 8) Imagine Dr. Phil far younger, with hair, without a mustache, and having extensive plastic surgery - and you could have a slight idea of what I might look like.

i think everyone is critical of themselves in pics... don't know why but we are!

The reason nobody likes pics of themselves is simple. We are not constructed symmetrically -- not truly anyway -- so when we see ourselves, it's in a reflection. Which by definition is exactly reversed from what the camera sees. So when we see ourselves in a photo, we're seeing the mirror image of what we're accustomed to and it's alien to us.

The same principle applies to audio recordings we hear of ourselves. What we normally hear is reflected sound, not directed sound. The reflection in this case changes the nature of our voices so what we typically hear is not what we truly sound like. Thus a recording -- or even a live version when heard through a monitor -- sounds alien to us.

And it's the alien nature of the picture or sound that we dislike. Because to us, it doesn't look/sound true so we're not comfortable with this representation of ourselves. In fact, it's what we are accustomed to and comfortable with that is distorted.

^^^ Haha! I knew you'd bring that one up! Everyone always says something about that one! LOL!

:Oops: Haha, I don't know at this point! I always asked people if they have wonky vision! Probably because I went through a really awkward phase that I didn't grow out of until right before college because I used to have braces and all that jazz. That picture was taken the month after I got my braces off. I still feel like the awkward kid. LOL! Ask Katy. She'll tell you I'm still goofy and awkward. Haha! :mrgreen:

Well you certainly look anything but awkward in that shot. It's a real eye-opener.

*edit* Heather?! This is a HORRIBLE picture of me.

(not that I look any better in other pictures...)

I lost track of who's who in this shot, but regardless of which of the lovlies in this photo you are, I can assure you that it is not a horrible picture of you.

Well you certainly look anything but awkward in that shot. It's a real eye-opener.

Wow. I don't know what to say. Thank you. You're really sweet. :Oops:

So even though you could prollay tell from my avatar. Here is a pic of myself.

me3.jpg

Karen

C97, you wanna say it or should I?

go ahead, you got this one!!

Wow. I don't know what to say. Thank you. You're really sweet. :Oops:

I told you before... I speak no lies.