The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Ichigo-0

Winter Weather Ahead!

SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!

...yaaaaaaayy.. sorry, folks, I know alot of you have to drive or go out in it & I'm really sorry that inclement weather gives everyone a hard time, but I love my snow... if I could find a way to keep it in selective areas (i.e., off the roads), then I would).

WOOHOO SNOW!!! Wish it was gonna be the fluffy snow that you could build a snowman with, but the rains gonna ruin that! Oh Well! Have fun!! And everyone that's gotta be out in it....please be careful!!!!!!

Up to 124 closings now... can't keep up with how fast they are dropping, like flies! I am not even in school and I am excited :lol:

closing school when it is/or going to snow is a state past-time like baseball 8)

We have clear skies here for right now... I better see some cloud cover movin' in soon or I'm gonna be mad!! You better keep me updated through the night w/ that little radar thing ya got there, Brian.

Snore.

We won't be getting out at ASU since it won't be icy until evening. But for those in places where they don't treat the roads, be careful tomorrow.

Then again, my tax professor lives 10 miles out of town. Maybe he'll cancel... that'd be nice since it's an 8AM.

im with mike on this one, we're getting 3-6 inches and then ice and so far class is still on.....gotta love that brine they throw on the roads and those mountain people. oh well, enjoy your day off down there folks!

How about just adding the link for the www.noaa.gov page that has that radar and then everyone can hit on the current pic without it having to be updated constantly.

I'm sitting here with a billion NWS feeds (our company puts out severe weather warnings to our customers so we've got everything Meteorlogyx can throw at us). Rain coming through the southern tier, snow across the delta. It will be interesting to see if the current timing predictions pan out.... Wake area starting to get precip around 7am... I'll be watching all night as it comes through. there is now already in 10 west central counties... leading edge sort of stuff. But the monster mass is just across the TN border right now, incoming.

Hope folks going to the game leave PLENTY EARLY. Driving at rush hour in the Triangle is life-threatening enough even on a good day - add to that mix a bunch of natives who can't drive in weather, put them in snow, and it's a recipe for a Grim Reaper holiday sweep up. BE CAREFUL, PLEASE, YOU FOLKS ON THE BOARD GOING TO THE GAME. WE WANT YOU BACK !!!!

:!:

I agree - I keep coming back to look at the moving pictures, hee hee!

Ah, it's the little things in life that keep us going forward to another day!

Be safe tomorrow out there, my friend!

My guess is it will be hitting us here in wake/durham/johnston county in about 3 hours yet, maybe a few stray flakes in the mean time... Hope I can get out of work before this monster hits... Hate to be stuck here (at work that is) all day :evil: