The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Ichigo-0

Winter Weather Ahead!

How much is expected to fall, do you know?

well... last report I checked said 1-3 inches, but the earlier we start seeing snow, the more there is going to be because they expect it to turn to rain by mid afternoon. If it gets here earlier, then obviously it will be snow and not rain.

Key here is go with the opposite of what the weather man says, so expect a lot of snow imo :lol:

Ack! It's coming in from the south! If it comes in from the south then we usually get a nasty mess! Let's hope so! My roommate, Katy and I have already made plans to snuggle under blankets and have a movie day with 13 Going On 30, Take The Lead, Dead Poet's Society and Singin' In The Rain! Can't wait!

Oh, and how come Wake County Schools are closed and yet the local colleges aren't? I don't care if nothing happens at all! I say if the high schoolers don't have to go, then neither should we, gosh darn it! Making us trudge through the cold and wind! I think our decision makers are gluttons for punishment and enjoy watching us suffer as they sit in their nicely heated offices all day! LOL!

Ack! It's coming in from the south! If it comes in from the south then we usually get a nasty mess! Let's hope so! My roommate, Katy and I have already made plans to snuggle under blankets and have a movie day with 13 Going On 30, Take The Lead, Dead Poet's Society and Singin' In The Rain! Can't wait!

Oh, and how come Wake County Schools are closed and yet the local colleges aren't? I don't care if nothing happens at all! I say if the high schoolers don't have to go, then neither should we, gosh darn it! Making us trudge through the cold and wind! I think our decision makers are gluttons for punishment and enjoy watching us suffer as they sit in their nicely heated offices all day! LOL!

wake tech closed :?

Most colleges won't close in snow because many residents live on campus, its up to the professors to cancel classes not the university. Thats what we were always told anyways.

wake tech closed :?

Most colleges won't close in snow because many residents live on campus, its up to the professors to cancel classes not the university. Thats what we were always told anyways.

We have an inclement weather line and the school will either cancel or delay classes. However, if neither happens then the professors still have the option to cancel their classes. I only have one tomorrow anyway, but I'd still rather sit inside with a nice cup of cocoa than walk to class for a test. :)

Maybe they should change the movie name to "Singin' In The Snow"?

If I don't start seein' white flakes falling w/in the next hour & a half, I'm gonna be ticked.... :x What's the radar lookin' like now?

Maybe they should change the movie name to "Singin' In The Snow"?

If I don't start seein' white flakes falling w/in the next hour & a half, I'm gonna be ticked.... :x What's the radar lookin' like now?

It looks like some spotty weather has started in NC, but the major system is still outside our borders. I just checked WRAL and they've said that with as dry as the air is that the system may not start to make an impact until closer to 9 a.m. compared to their earlier thoughts of 5 or 6 a.m. :(

getting closer....

Careful out there today, folks - we want you all back here safe & sound.

we need that green stuff to reach us for the snow me thinks... my presicous snow...

maybe its good though, wait until I get off of work and home then it can snow alll day haha

See that small part of Eastern NC that's not getting any of this? Somewhere in there is ECU. Classes run on schedule today, meaning I'm going to be pissed for the good part of the day.

Canes better win tonight or today will have been a complete bust.

Well, still NOTHING here. I am going to finish getting ready for work here. Thing about it, I live so close to work that I could work and it wouldbe shorter distance than driving (.5 miles compared to .2 miles with cutting throught the woods). Only thing is is that I may have to leave work a little earlier so I will have plenty of time to get to the game. Stay safe all!!!

Come rain, snow, sleet or whatever...nothing will make me miss the game!!!