The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Ref107

Kia and the police

As a woman, I am not offended by the commercial. I've seen it here in Raleigh. Actually, I find it kind of funny. It doesn't make me want to run out and buy the car, but then again, I'm obviously not the target of the PR campaign. That said, my dear husband is not running out to buy one either. I don't think the ad should be pulled. I think it's a savvy ad- a different take on the ads where they show a car and driver on a closed driving course. Others may find it offensive, so be it. You know, it is a commercial. One does have the ability to channel surf, if and when it comes on instead of watching it.

I agree... as a woman, it does not offend me. I think it is kinda cute. Could be used as a Super Bowl commercial since most of those commercials go beyond the ordinary ones we see every day. Thank goodness we have freedom of speech in the US, (not bashing Canada, 'cause my mum lives in Whitby) Ever wonder if the cop is his wife or girlfriend?? I don't think any thing else should be read into it. Again, for those who find it offensive, :oops:change the channel.

Not that I have any say being male, but my only complaint is it does what every commercial does and insults your intelligence. How dumb do you have to be to believe that a kia is a chick-magnet? :lol:

I can't see the clip, but I have seen the commercial on Canadian tv during a Canes game. I was surprised by it, that's for sure. This is a clear case of a double standard. If this commercial showed a male officer engaged in this behavior with a female driver, people would be outraged and it would be immediately pulled. Having said this, I think people overreact and are too PC these days. I think the comml is pretty goofy, because as someone said, no way a Kia gets you ladies!

That's kind of what I do.. hit up on guys in a Kia.

:shock: (Actually, I'm more of a Chevy kind of girl, you know? ))

But honestly.. I think the commercial is hilarious :D I see it all the time when I watch hockey games.

Not that I have any say being male, but my only complaint is it does what every commercial does and insults your intelligence. How dumb do you have to be to believe that a kia is a chick-magnet? :lol:

especially a dinky little hatchback! haha

i actually lol'd at the commericial. not offensive at all.

anyone who thinks that's offensive or whatever...pull the stick out of your butt! sheesh.

Yeah and they could get a caveman to get the insurance quote. Seriously, some people have no sense of humour. A point the caveman commercials (II think) were trying to make.

If you want to talk offensive, turn on any reality show.

Honestly, this is even funnier than the Clear Blue Easy commercial that calls their new EPT "the most sophisticated piece of technology you'll ever pee on."

And as far as the idea of a Kia being a chick magnet goes... it's called "suspension of disbelief". A critical component in theatre.

Besides... the cop was hot!

Well, I'm not going to suspend my disbelief when purchasing a new car. Suspension of disbelief is also a psychological term used for what you experience when dreaming...as in you're dreaming if you think that's a nice car. :wink:

Y'know what car commercial I find offensive? The new Toyota Camry one. If some guy drives to my house and then calls me from the street -- and doesn't walk up and ring my doorbell -- he can just keep on driving, I don't care what he has. I HATE people who honk the horn instead of walking up to the door and if someone tried to pull that on a date, he'd be written off pronto. If we're running late, that's one thing, but if they had time to fart around on the phone, then they weren't late and he had time to go knock on the door.

It's definitely not an insult to chicks, per se. I could see where the RCMP would have their panties in a wad over it... as if an officer would indulge in this... but then don't get me started over the late night communications that I'm privy to involving young cops, teenaged and young, 20-something chickadees and late night rendezvous on-shift. tsk tsk. This is NOT 'serve and protect', young men!

But I digress. The commercial is ok, but like everyone is saying.. to presume she stopped for the CAR, and not the GUY???? puh-leeeeze!

sigh. I miss the trunk monkey commercials. I LOOOOOOOOVED them!

It's definitely not an insult to chicks, per se. I could see where the RCMP would have their panties in a wad over it... as if an officer would indulge in this... but then don't get me started over the late night communications that I'm privy to involving young cops, teenaged and young, 20-something chickadees and late night rendezvous on-shift. tsk tsk. This is NOT 'serve and protect', young men!

But I digress. The commercial is ok, but like everyone is saying.. to presume she stopped for the CAR, and not the GUY???? puh-leeeeze!

sigh. I miss the trunk monkey commercials. I LOOOOOOOOVED them!

Viva la Trunk Monkey! :thumbup: