http://www.nhl.com/i...ge.htm?id=66113

Boom!

NHLASG_FanFair_12_1.jpg

NHL Fan Fair - Raleigh Convention Center

Public Hours:

Friday, January 28: 3:00pm - 10:00pm

Saturday, January 29: 10:00am - 7:00pm

Sunday, January 30: 10:00am - 3:00pm

NHL Fan Fair offers hockey fans the chance to participate in and experience the excitement of the NHL All-Star Game at more than 30 interactive attractions and exhibits. You can enjoy this hockey theme park over the course of three days during NHL All-Star Weekend at the Raleigh Convention Center in downtown Raleigh. So join us for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity where you can:

• Meet NHL Alumni
  • Check out the NHL Trophy Display presented by Discover
  • Take a Picture with the Stanley Cup
  • Test your Hockey Skills in the Honda NHL SuperSkills Zone
  • Play the latest NHL 2K Sports Hockey Video Game
  • Create Your Own Hockey Trading Card presented by Upper Deck
  • Collect Rare Hockey Memorabilia
  • Visit the McDonald's Kids Zone designed for Young Hockey Fans
  • Trade current and vintage Hockey Pins in our official Pin Trading Area
  • Visit the Time Warner Cable Sports Step Thru the Screen Experience
  • Test your Accuracy in the Bridgestone Shoot Out Challenge
  • Try on your favorite NHL Player's Equipment in the Reebok Locker Room Display

And much, much more ...

Ticket Prices:

Ticket Prices:

$8 Advance

$10 Door

Children under 2: Admittance is free

Tickets can by purchased via Ticketmaster web site or by calling 800-745-3000.

Tickets can also be purchased at the following locations:

Progress Energy Performing Arts Center

Box Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm

RBC Center (walk-up only)

Box Office Hours: Monday- Friday 10:00am - 6:00pm

*STH's should have received an email about this already

fanfaircollage.jpg

8523700-1289343332-640x480.jpg

All_Star_Banners_4_-360x480.jpgAll_Star_Banners_8_-360x480.jpg

Officials to unveil plans for NHL All-Star weekend - WRAL.com

RALEIGH, N.C. — Leaders from Raleigh and Wake County are raising the curtain on plans for a public celebration before the NHL All-Stars drop the puck.

Raleigh Mayor Charles Meeker leads a group on Wednesday that will announce just what the capital city will do as the National Hockey League descends on the state for its annual showcase of stars. The event takes place on the ice rink at City Plaza on Fayetteville Street in downtown Raleigh.

The NHL awarded the 2011 All-Star game to the Carolina Hurricanes last April, coming through on a pledge commissioner Gary Bettman once made to the franchise. The game was originally scheduled for Phoenix, but when the Coyotes filed for bankruptcy, the league re-opened its options.

Nice to hear about welcoming parties and unofficial festivities, but I'm trying to find "official" details to exactly what our ASG ticket packages provide us in terms of events, times, locations. Is it still that hard to know what the plans are? Does anybody know? Bueller?

From my ticket rep earlier today. The *fan fair* is an additional purchase outside of our package. More details re: times of the skills competition and game are in the all-star section. If you go to the following URL, you can look at the other articles for more details: Http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=66113

No word one way or another re: if the *captains choosing sides* will be part of the package. You would hope they are, but would not surprise me if that was yet another *add-on*.

Info re our seats *may* be available in Caniac Account Manager as early as next week. Originally I heard the 15th. Now that they're saying may be available, I'm guessing chances are reduced?

No word if they are opening the arena club for reservations on AS weekend.

L

Nice to hear about welcoming parties and unofficial festivities, but I'm trying to find "official" details to exactly what our ASG ticket packages provide us in terms of events, times, locations. Is it still that hard to know what the plans are? Does anybody know? Bueller?

Hurricanes, NHL to Host NHL All-Star 5K

Run at the RBC Center will benefit Kids ‘N Community Foundation

Wednesday, 12.08.2010 / 5:31 PM / News

By Kate Shefte

RALEIGH, NC—The Carolina Hurricanes and the National Hockey League will team to host the NHL All-Star 5k presented by visitRaleigh on Saturday, Jan. 29, as part of the NHL’s 2011 All-Star Weekend. The event will take place at 9 a.m., prior to that night’s Honda NHL SuperSkills competition, and will loop around the RBC Center. The race is open to runners and walkers of all ages and abilities, and will benefit the Carolina Hurricanes Kids N’ Community Foundation.

visitraleigh_logo_2.jpg

“This event should be a nice, healthy addition to a weekend packed with terrific entertainment,” said Doug Warf, Senior Director of Marketing for the Carolina Hurricanes and Executive Director for the Kids ‘N Community Foundation. “It combines two of our team’s passions: giving back to the community and promoting a healthy lifestyle.”

The race was announced Wednesday at a news conference in downtown Raleigh, as city and county officials also revealed plans for NHL All-Star Wide Open. All-Star Wide Open will take place in downtown Raleigh Jan. 28-30, and will feature live music, headlined by Three Doors Down; the NHL Fan Fair inside the Raleigh Convention Center; attractions and food and beverage.

The NHL All-Star 5k presented by visit Raleigh is managed, directed and timed by BTR Management. Those interested in registering for the race should visit http://ncraces.com.

NHL and City of Raleigh Partners Announce Three-Day All-Star Fan Festival

NHL All-Star Wide Open, Jan. 28-30, Will Include NHL Fan Fair, Food, Games and Music in Adrenalized Winter Wonderland, Headlined by Three Doors Down

Wednesday, 12.08.2010 / 3:35 PM / News

NHL.com

Raleigh leaders literally took to the ice today to unveil plans for NHL® All-Star Wide Open, a three- day extravaganza in partnership with the National Hockey League (NHL) and the Carolina Hurricanes to celebrate the arrival of the 2011 NHL® All-Star Weekend, Jan. 28-30.

The “all-star” line-up will feature not only hockey’s best, but a free Friday night show at the Downtown Raleigh Amphitheater from the multi-platinum Three Doors Down. The band’s debut sold more than six million albums and produced the smash, “Kryptonite.” Its album, “Seventeen Days,” debuted at Number One on Billboard’s album chart.

NHL All-Star Wide Open will include the following, all adding up to Raleigh’s biggest sports spectacular ever:

• NHL Fan Fair™: An hockey fan festival featuring interactive games and attractions, special appearances, Hockey Hall of Fame trophy and memorabilia displays, live TV and radio broadcasts, pin trading and trading card zones, music, food, official NHL All-Star merchandise and dozens of other dynamic activities in the Raleigh Convention Center (Friday-Sunday, Jan. 28-30).
  • All-Star Live @ the Amphitheater: A series of free concerts from regional and international acts featuring Three Doors Down (Friday-Saturday, Jan. 28-29). The amphitheater is one of many ‘zones’ open to sponsors and bustling with activity.
  • All-Star Streets: A street party on Fayetteville and Cabarrus Streets in the style of the popular Raleigh Wide Open spectaculars (Friday-Saturday, Jan. 28-29).
  • All-Star 5K: A charity 5K run/walk through Raleigh, starting and ending at the RBC Center, to benefit the Carolina Hurricanes Kids ‘N Community Foundation (Saturday, Jan. 29).

Speaking at the ice rink in City Plaza, a focal point of NHL All-Star Wide Open, Mayor Charles Meeker said, “With this all-star partnership, we’ve scored a huge win for the region. The NHL All-Star game is about celebrating the best, and that’s what we’re delivering for international, national and regional fans to enjoy and buzz about for years to come.”

Wake County Commission Chair Paul Coble added, “NHL All-Star Wide Open will not only remind Wake and Triangle residents why this is such an exciting place to live, but introduce thousands of visitors to our region’s unique energy and resources.”

“NHL Fan Fair and NHL All-Star Wide Open will give all fans a chance to be part of the All-Star excitement,” said Don Renzulli, NHL Senior Vice President of Events. “There will be no shortage of programming, attractions and activities for fans of all ages.”

Meeker, Coble and Renzulli promised more surprises to come. "We are confident this market will be an outstanding host for All-Star Weekend. This event is further proof of how the community has embraced our team and our sport,” said Carolina Hurricanes President Jim Rutherford in a written statement.

Equally enthusiastic is the street party’s presenting sponsor, RBC Bank, which is headquartered in downtown Raleigh. “We’re proud to be the presenting sponsor of NHL All-Star Wide Open, just as we’re proud of our downtown headquarters, our many area branches and our partnership with the Carolina Hurricanes and local youth hockey programs,” said Blake Coules, RBC’s Senior Vice President of the Asset Resolution Group and Real Estate Markets. “RBC Bank is thrilled to be part of this exciting time for the Triangle.”

Expected to draw revved-up guests from near and far, All-Star Wide Open is being planned and promoted by the NHL, the City of Raleigh and Wake County Government, the Carolina Hurricanes, the Raleigh Convention Center, the Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau, the Greater Raleigh Sports Council, the Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce and the Downtown Raleigh Alliance. Additional key host partners for NHL All-Star Weekend include the Centennial Authority, the State of North Carolina, the Cary Chamber of Commerce and Raleigh-Durham International Airport.

Stay tuned for announcements of more NHL All-Star Wide Open attractions, sponsors and surprises.

The 2011 NHL All-Star Game presented by Discover will mark the first time Carolina has hosted NHL All-Star activities. The League’s mid-season spectacular will take place Saturday, January 29 and Sunday, January 30 and will include Honda NHL SuperSkills® and the 58th NHL All-Star Game presented by Discover at RBC Center. Live television coverage of both nights will be provided by VERSUS in the U.S. and CBC and RDS in Canada. The Honda NHL SuperSkills® will begin at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, and the 2011 NHL All-Star Game presented by Discover will start at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday.

More About NHL Fan Fair™

NHL Fan Fair™, the official NHL fan festival for the 2011 NHL All-Star Weekend, will come to the Raleigh Convention Center, January 28 to 30. Occupying more than 150,000 square feet of the Convention Center, NHL Fan Fair will offer hockey fans of all ages three fun-filled days of interactive games and attractions, special appearances, Hockey Hall of Fame trophy and memorabilia displays, live TV and radio broadcasts, pin trading and trading card zones, music, food, official NHL All-Star merchandise and dozens of other dynamic activities.

NHL Fan Fair will open to the public on Friday, Jan. 28, from 3 p.m. – 10 p.m.; Saturday, Jan. 29, from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Sunday, Jan. 30, from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Tickets purchased in advance will be $8 for adults and children. Tickets at the door will be $10 per person. Children under the age of two will admitted for free. Once inside, fans may enjoy all the attractions for no additional cost. For more information, visitwww.NHL.com/FanFair

More About All-Star 5K

On Saturday, Jan. 29, the Carolina Hurricanes and the NHL will team up for the NHL All-Star 5K charity run/walk. The spectator-friendly race will loop around the RBC Center, starting at 9 a.m. The race is open to runners and walkers of all ages and abilities and will benefit the Carolina Hurricanes Kids ‘N Community Foundation. For more information, visit www.ncraces.com.

Sounds like it will be an action packed weekend... hopefully the NC weather will cooperate.:D

Makes me wonder what plan B looks like :huh:

**All you Friesen 5K'rs better be running in the 5K! Same route around the arena.

Does anyone have an idea on when the people who submitted their names in the "lottery" pool for tickets will be determined? I have emailed the Canes organization several days ago but no answer. I know most of the tickets will be gone due to season ticket holders and other "special" people coming into town from the NHL but I would believe there should be a few tickets available for the "non season" ticket holders.

Thanks

Edited by caniac_fan

Does anyone have an idea on when the people who submitted their names in the "lottery" pool for tickets will be determined? I have emailed the Canes organization several days ago but no answer. I know most of the tickets will be gone due to season ticket holders and other "special" people coming into town from the NHL but I would believe there should be a few tickets available for the "non season" ticket holders.

Thanks

Not exactly sure but seat assignments are starting to show in STH account managers today so it won't be long.

According to the Sales Staff:

All-Star Weekend tickets will be eligible for printing, forwarding and resale starting January 14th, 2011

My All Star seat assignments for my two season ticket seats and two additional seats are in my Caniac Account Manager today also.

Mine are too, and I'm a 12-game STHer, so it seems like it shouldn't be too long before availability of any remaining tickets is known.

My Season Tickets are in Section 124. I just got my seat assignments for the ASG and Skills Competitin. Center Ice Premier, Section 118, Row X!

Edited by coastal_caniac

We have 2 26-game plan tickets and were allotted 2 All-star package tickets. Had requested 1 extra, but evidently a no go. So I better not hear there are any extras available. Happy with the seats, though. Usually am in 117J and am in 114F.

My Season Tickets are in Section 124. I just got my seat assignments for the ASG and Skills Competitin. Center Ice Premier, Section 118, Row X!

Edited by hockeyteach

I can't wait to do all of this stuff... but most importantly, I can't wait for the game itself. I'm still determined to find some way to get a ticket, since buying season tickets is a bit expensive for me at this point. Not to mention the fact that my job leaves me unable to commit to buying tickets to games well in advance.

We have 2 26-game plan tickets and were allotted 2 All-star package tickets. Had requested 1 extra, but evidently a no go. So I better not hear there are any extras available. Happy with the seats, though. Usually am in 117J and am in 114F.

You may want to call your ticket rep unless you only wanted lower level seating. It seems to me there are extra tickets available based on the e-mail they sent:

Though no additional ticket requests were guaranteed, Full Season Ticket Holders and 26-Game Plan Holders were able to submit requests for additional All-Star Game Weekend ticket packages with the understanding that these requests would be fulfilled provided that the amount of seat inventory which remained would allow it following the assignment of all STH's guaranteed seat allotments. We were very pleased that the remaining seat inventory allowed for the majority of these additional requests to be fulfilled, though only a handful of Lower Level/Club Level seats remained available, thus nearly every additional ticket request was filled with Upper Level seats. The standard season ticket account priority process was once again used to fulfill all additional ticket package requests.

If you submitted an additional ticket request card, but indicated that you would ONLY accept Lower Level/Club Level seats, then more than likely your order was unable to be fulfilled. The NHL has indicated that they will not be returning any Lower Level seating inventory. We intend to follow up with these STHs to offer the Upper Level as an alternative option; however, should you know now that you wish to change your request to accept Upper Level seating, please contact our offices at your earliest convenience. Remaining inventory is extremely limited and unable to be guaranteed.

I didn't mean to complain, guess I came off harsh. I am VERY happy that I have two seats in a great lower bowl position. Yes, only wanted 3 if the extra could have been down low.

There also might just not be the seats next to you available which is highly probable.

No you didnt sound like you were complaining or harsh, so I'm sorry that I sounded like that. I was just saying that if theres no seats next to you available you would have been denied. I dont think a 3rd ticket in the 300 section would be fun for your friend :)

Just got back from an awesome weekend in St. Louis to find that they've announced the location of our seats for the ASG & skills competition. We got our regular STH seats, section 111, row E! Thrilled that we're keeping what I feel are two of the best seats in the arena. :woot:

Latest press release:

NHL Partners with Harris Teeter for 2011 NHL Fan Fair at All-Star Weekend

Tickets to Fan Festival to Be Available for Purchase at Harris Teeter Locations in the Triangle

Thursday, 01.06.2011 / 9:17 AM / News

NHL.com

NEW YORK – The National Hockey League (NHL) and popular food market chain Harris Teeter announced today that tickets for NHL Fan Fair™, the official 2011 NHL® All-Star Weekend three-day fan festival at the Raleigh Convention Center, will be available for purchase at checkout counters at all 39 Harris Teeter locations in the Triangle area starting today, Wednesday, Jan. 5. A long-time sponsor of the Carolina Hurricanes®, this is the first time that Harris Teeter is teaming up with the NHL and the Hurricanes to sell tickets in-store for a hockey-related event.

From Friday, Jan. 28 through Sunday, Jan. 30, NHL Fan Fair will occupy more than 150,000 square feet of the Raleigh Convention Center in downtown Raleigh, offering hockey fans of all ages three fun-filled days of interactive games and attractions, special appearances, trophy and memorabilia displays, live TV and radio broadcasts, pin trading and trading card zones, music, food, official NHL All-Star merchandise and dozens of other dynamic activities. The highlight of NHL Fan Fair will be the NHL All-Star Player Fantasy Draft™ enabled by Cisco on Friday, Jan. 28, televised live nationwide on TSN in Canada and VERSUS in the U.S. at 8 p.m. ET. Details on fan access to the NHL All-Star Player Fantasy Draft at NHL Fan Fair will be announced in the coming weeks.

NHL Fan Fair will open to the public on Friday, Jan. 28, from 3 p.m. – 10 p.m.; Saturday, Jan. 29, from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Sunday, Jan. 30, from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Tickets purchased via Ticketmaster (ticketmaster.com); the RBC center; and the Progress Energy Center for Performing Arts box offices until Jan. 27 will be $8 for adults and children. Tickets purchased after Jan. 27 and at the door will be $10 per person. Children under the age of two will be admitted for free. Once inside, fans may enjoy all the attractions for no additional cost.

Special for Harris Teeter customers, tickets will remain at $8 through Sunday, Jan 30. For more information, fans should visit NHL.com/fanfair.

NHL Fan Fair is one component of the NHL® All-Star Wide Open, an outdoor celebration on Fayetteville and Cabarrus Streets in the style of the popular Raleigh Wide Open, featuring a street party festival overflowing with fun, live music, interactive surprises, ice carvings, acrobatics, street hockey competitions, and ice slides.

Still waiting to see if the choosing of sides will be open to the public. From TSA's post above:

"Details on fan access to the NHL All-Star Player Fantasy Draft at NHL Fan Fair will be announced in the coming weeks."

There's only three weeks until the ASG weekend.

Edited by g105