The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
jeromeo87

Rumors / Trade Deadline (Merged)

tweet from chip...

"For those wondering and trade speculating, Joni Pitkanen is at the morning skate."

"There is a defenseman who did not go with team to skate, but will hold off naming him until skate begins at 11:30."

ugh...

tweet from chip...

"For those wondering and trade speculating, Joni Pitkanen is at the morning skate."

"There is a defenseman who did not go with team to skate, but will hold off naming him until skate begins at 11:30."

ugh...

Wow... starting to look pretty obvious why Carson was called up.

Somebody probably just has the flu or something like that.....

Somebody is also enjoying an increase in traffic on his twitter page :lol:

Somebody probably just has the flu or something like that.....

Not sure would have made the trip if had the flu. And Carson would have been called up as "emergency." You're right that there could be another explanation. But I'd say that things are definitely pointing in the direction of a trade. But until it's announced, it hasn't happened.

This reminds me of when 99.9 TheFan had some big build up to their breaking news about the Canes, and it was only to say they renewed their contract to be the flagship station. Probably ended up costing them a little respect in the long run.

This reminds me of when 99.9 TheFan had some big build up to their breaking news about the Canes, and it was only to say they renewed their contract to be the flagship station. Probably ended up costing them a little respect in the long run.

yeah never like the "well dont like to start rumors, but here's some speculation" stuff :wacko:

Just hope we get back some "D" if giving up some "D", either through this trade if its valid, or we wil be getting one in another, we need top 6 help, BUT also can't get weaker on "D"

Yeah, I agree. I'm sticking with what I said last night. They could always skate with 5 D, of course, but I'm fairly sure Carson can't play tonight without either clearing waivers (for which he'd have to have been listed yesterday) or being an emergency recall.

If its a trade then its a close in proximity to NJ trade if they can make it by tonights game. Then you look at Boston whos been active and ex Carolina players and say hmmm Seidenberg again? Don't think Boston would get rid of him though. Could be something, could be nothing. Fun to speculate though.

Edited by msgtcody

So.... White is out and likely heading somewhere. We already have Carson so no need to rush to fill in his spot. How about getting a nice pick back to add to the money we might have just saved with White's $3 mil salary to go after someone who fits the short and long term needs of this team?

Sound good to me.

So.... White is out and likely heading somewhere. We already have Carson so no need to rush to fill in his spot. How about getting a nice pick back to add to the money we might have just saved with White's $3 mil salary to go after someone who fits the short and long term needs of this team?

Sound good to me.

As a FYI for those that didn't know White makes $2.995 million(calgary said wouldn't pay him $3 mill, so signed for $5 less, not kidding!)- So if we move him and get a top 6 Foward with Money and a "D" man elsewhere can live with it- does give more wriggle room, but you still need a "D" man to replace him

Edited by canes-in-7

As a FYI for those that didn't know White makes $2.995 million(calgary said wouldn't pay him $3 mill, so signed for $5 less, not kidding!)- So if we move him and get a top 6 Foward with Money and a "D" man elsewhere can live with it- does give more wriggle room, but you still need a "D" man to replace him

I wouldn't count on Carson just being a fill-in until a trade is completed. If JR and Mo feel he is up to it, he could well be up for the rest of the season which means JR could likely go after a forward.

Question is where he'll go, if it's only for a draft pick and what else we might have to give up especially if JR is going after a legit top 6 forward.

I like the idea that he might only go after a draft pick for now. It would give him a little more time to look at all the other teams and shuffle his draft picks around to get us a worth while player who can really help us without risking the future.

Well...

ice_chip Chip Alexander

Maurice says if something happens with White it will be in next 24 hrs.

ice_chip Chip Alexander

Looks like missing tweet. Maurice says something with White is pending.

ice_chip Chip Alexander

White situation pending Maurice says, so there is something in the works.

Looks like all but a done deal. Will we have somebody new suit up tonight?

I wouldn't count on Carson just being a fill-in until a trade is completed. If JR and Mo feel he is up to it, he could well be up for the rest of the season which means JR could likely go after a forward.

Question is where he'll go, if it's only for a draft pick and what else we might have to give up especially if JR is going after a legit top 6 forward.

I like the idea that he might only go after a draft pick for now. It would give him a little more time to look at all the other teams and shuffle his draft picks around to get us a worth while player who can really help us without risking the future.

Disagree, would not all feel comfortable with BOTH carson and mcbain for the playoff's and going with Corvo/pitts, and gleason/mcbain and then harrison/carson.. that 3rd paring will hurt alot.. we need more experiene

I hope we get a big return because I don't see how moving one of our more consistent guys helps

yep, white at least goes into teh corner' and consistant, a said wouldn't feel in playoffs comfortable with carson a a direct replacement- ward will really be peppered

As I eluded to in an earlier post, I would expect White to be part of a three-team deal or

JR is waiting to finalize another trade on the heels of White. That has been his M.O. in deals this year and in the past. Just don't believe something else couldn't be in the works.

I hope we get a big return because I don't see how moving one of our more consistent guys helps

I'm gonna have to agree with you. Obviously we don't know what this move is gonna bring yet, but I really don't see how this will sure up our boys in front of Cam. Maybe a forward for White and another deal is in place. Who knows, it's all guess work as of right now.

He really is one of our most consistent dmen... We must be working on a good return, especially for a team that is hurting defeseively.. I don't know - havent the Rangers been in the mixed with maybe targetting some of our dmen? White to NY for Frolov?

This doesn't surprise me. The guy is a UFA making right at 3-mil to play bottom pairing defense. He may be one of the "most consistent" guys (in his short time here) on an inconsistent defense but he's not been good enough to keep long-term at 3-million. If you ask me, Harrison's been that guy over the course of the season at 500K.