The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
jeromeo87

Rumors / Trade Deadline (Merged)

Well...

@TSNBobMcKenzie: I am told the Vancouver Canucks have not traded for Ian White and have not even had a single conversation about trading for Ian White.

...and the plot thickens...

Greg_Thomson Greg Thomson

Both teams are still on the trade call with the league office but it will soon be made official that Ian White has been traded to Vancouver.

This Greg Thomson guy is a moron.

Agreed. But something was going on... White was not at Practice... and per Chip at the N&O, there was a situation with Ian White pending... so maybe it wasn't Vancouver, but it was definitely some team.

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/canes-consider-trade-for-white

Edited by ThaRaven

Agreed. But something was going on... White was not at Practice... a per Chip at the N&O, there was a situation with Ian White pending... so maybe it wasn't Vancouver, but it was definitely some team.

Indeed. Even Paul Maurice has stated that something is pending. This Greg Thomson guy was claiming that the 2 teams were on the phone finalizing the deal with the NHL. For one thing, the Canucks do not even have enough cap room to take on Ian White in a deal for Hansen.

Never trust a Leafs fan.

With all the speculation today... I'm thinking he's getting moved "somewhere" ... but I think it's a D for D trade. Some people on spector's comments (I know they're only fans) were speculating White to Boston for Stuart... I don't think I'd mind that so much.. it HAS to be D for D though.

let's ge back to a much more promising Ian white to boston for Patrice bergeron talk..boston's get s "D" man they need we get a good Face off guy and almost a point per game guy.. :grin:

I'd love for that to happen, but there is no way that Boston trades Bergeron for White. Maybe if we included a 1st round pick they would consider it.

I still think this is more than a 1 for 1 trade. I think there are 2 other dance partners. I'm sticking with my White to Toronto, Kabs to Boston, Stuart to Carolina theory.

For now...

I could see that happening.. and wouldn't hate it, but how big of an upgrade is Stuart over White? Money reasons only?

nice thought, but boston would never let him go of bergeron, stuart just getting back from injury, guess i will have to look up his stats.

nice thought, but boston would never let him go of bergeron, stuart just getting back from injury, guess i will have to look up his stats.

Not sure their cap situation( thought close), so the $5 mill for beregon would give them relief and can add 2 players was my thinking, agree we would need to add a draft pick and/or players

I could see that happening.. and wouldn't hate it, but how big of an upgrade is Stuart over White? Money reasons only?

Here's a link to a scouting report on him: http://www.sbnation....884/mark-stuart

He's definitely a defensive guy, not offense. 6'3", 213. More of a bruiser. Not going to score a lot of goals, but he can clog the ice. Young, too, only 26. UFA at season's end, making $1.6m or so.

On the one hand, I doubt Boston would part with him. On the other, they have Seids and Chara who serve that defensive role already, and they're rumored to be interested in Kabs (more of a puck-mover). If we could pair Stuart with Pits, we might have a decent solution.

Again, all speculation!!!

Edited by witchking-ch1

all tweets from Chip:

GM Jim Rutherford: Canes "not even close to a deal" involving White.

Rutherford: "We had an offer and decided to pull (White) back for a day or two and put Carson in the lineup ..."

Rutherford: "We have something to consider but that doesn't mean it will go one way or the other. He could be back in the lineup this week."