The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
jeromeo87

Rumors / Trade Deadline (Merged)

Hmm...does Wallin come back in time for Brindy day? Gotta be more than than Joslin...

Edited by JLP

Could also be stacking picks and prospects to go after a top d-man or winger.

I heard 3rd round pick, that would be a little disappointing.

Edited by msgtcody

Who else does San Jose have that we might want? Even their first rounder only makes sense if JR is going to find someone to replace White. Addition by subtraction there makes no sense. Gotta be more to this.

Could also be stacking picks and prospects to go after a top d-man or winger.

Lord I hope so, because if this is just a salary dump, we're moving in the wrong direction. I'm counting on this being an indirect move that leads to something bigger and improves the team.

Gotta be something else in the works... no way it took three days for a simple player for a pick deal...

I'm going for a walk, maybe it will be settled by the time I am done and head into work :D

Sharks only have 5 dmen listed right now.

Demers played last night, but isn't listed. What?

He played 28 minutes TOI, and every other "D" man is still listed on their roster that played vs Caps.

Edited by Manwolf

White deal has not been announced yet...gotta hope there's someone else involved. Per capgeek, supposedly SJ needs to move salary to have room...Nitty may go to IR but would still have to move someone eventually to have room.

EDIT: While we wait...scouting report on Joslin = puck mover/offensive upside, Demers (speculating) = puck mover/offensive upside...yeah just what we need...

Edited by JLP

Right now I'm pretty iffy on this. I'm guessing Ian White is being shipped because of salary, but I liked his game here. I'm hoping we're getting another player out of this deal.

Sounds like 2nd rounder in 2012 to Canes. Not sure what is up with Demers disappearing from their roster.

2012 2nd round pick per Sharks site.

Edited by Manwolf

wow, just waking up(long story) and we finally have some movement, albeit minor movement. i don't think jr has lost his marbles, so something is up. i believe that we are shipping white somewhere, but not to sj. like was said earlier, they are trying to shed cap. it is pretty much jr style to do nit picking deals and then pull a sneaky deal a bit later. i think the first deals are to test the water, so to speak.

oh well, i am waiting for my mind to be blown by the machiavellian gm formerly known as jr. :rockon:

JR better be on the phone for another trade call right now. Dumping White's salary for a pick and a prospect can't be all there is to this. We've cleared cap space/salary (as if we didn't have enough room already) to go out and get a big name. Make it happen JR!

Sounds like 2nd rounder in 2012 to Canes. Not sure what is up with Demers disappearing from their roster.

2012 2nd round pick per Sharks site.

Looks like he was assigned to their AHL team today.

Looks like he was assigned to their AHL team today.

Nope ECHL. The guy played 53 games in the NHL this year and is 2nd in +/- on their squad. What is going on?

JR better be on the phone for another trade call right now. Dumping White's salary for a pick and a prospect can't be all there is to this. We've cleared cap space/salary (as if we didn't have enough room already) to go out and get a big name. Make it happen JR!

Maybe he's cleared cap and acquired a pick for a future deal. I think he's done for today.

Nope ECHL. The guy played 53 games in the NHL this year and is 2nd in +/- on their squad. What is going on?

Life in a salary cap world. Cap geek says SJ still needs to clear space for White even with Nitty on IR. That is a big salary to take on if all they are moving is minor leaguers. Still over about 500k.

Maybe he's cleared cap and acquired a pick for a future deal. I think he's done for today.

I hope only for today, because minus White and plus Carson is not improving our chances. If the pick and cap space is used for a top 6 forward (Hemsky or Penner) then we're making progress.