The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
truecaniac163

North Carolina at North Carolina State(basketball)

Good win for State. They deserved it. They outhustled Carolina and unlike the team that was wearing blue today, they played defense. When the Heels were playing to their potential, as they did for spurts in this game, it was clear that they are the better team, but they played like crap for probably 35 minutes of this game. Why Lawson doesn't take the ball straight to the hoop every time down the floor is beyond me, because when he does, one of two things happen:

1) He scores

2) He gets fouled

That tech on Hansborough was bogus, as were the ticky tack phantom fouls they called on Carolina down the stretch, but that's not what lost them the game.

I ain't all too worried about this loss. They were playing WAY too good lately and needed a wake up call, and I'd rather have it today than Wednesday night. Duke will not beat Carolina on Wednesday, just saying that now.

You've taken the words right out of my mouth. I agree with everything you said. State played very, very well today, and truly earned it. Believe it or not, I've never hated State, but I know the feeling isn't mutual, so I'm sure Wolfpack Nation is beside themselves. Like you said, though, we almost needed this loss. We had been playing some cupcake teams lately, and I think we came into this one thinking State would be one of those cupcake teams. You don't want to be Duke on Wednesday night. As if we needed any more of a reason to get fired up.

Believe it or not, I've never hated State, but I know the feeling isn't mutual, so I'm sure Wolfpack Nation is beside themselves.

That's pretty much the case with me. My uncle is a State diehard, but he's laughable. The Pack haven't been a REAL threat since Valvano was forced out. Since then, I've had nothing but apathy for them. Contrast that with what's been brewing to the west of Raleigh, when you figure in Duke's back to back titles in 91-92, Carolina answering that with one of their own in '93, the '95 game in Durham, Duke's resurgence in the late '90's, and now Carolina's resurgence since Roy arrived in town, and another title for each team in the new millenium, for the last 15-18 years - hell, an entire generation - Carolina fans look at State as if they're "any other school."

If I was cursed enough to be a State fan, that would rile me up, as well. I can't blame them for being ecstatic after yesterday. It sucks when your biggest rival's biggest rival isn't you. (On a much smaller scale, that's how my high school was in football, so I kinda know the feeling.) But then ONLY thing that will make the Carolina/State rivalry matter again is the Pack becoming a national player again. Not Sweet 16 caliber like Herb peaked at, but a Final Four threat, thus standing in the way of the ultimate prize. That's how the Duke/Maryland rivalry skipped ahead of Duke/Carolina for a couple of years at the end of the Dark Ages of Doherty. No longer.

So good on ya, State. You played a heck of a game yesterday. But if you expect Heels fans to party on Franklin Street after we beat ya'll at the Dean Dome... ya got a ways to go.

Good win for State. They deserved it. They outhustled Carolina and unlike the team that was wearing blue today, they played defense. When the Heels were playing to their potential, as they did for spurts in this game, it was clear that they are the better team, but they played like crap for probably 35 minutes of this game. Why Lawson doesn't take the ball straight to the hoop every time down the floor is beyond me, because when he does, one of two things happen:

1) He scores

2) He gets fouled

That tech on Hansborough was bogus, as were the ticky tack phantom fouls they called on Carolina down the stretch, but that's not what lost them the game.

I ain't all too worried about this loss. They were playing WAY too good lately and needed a wake up call, and I'd rather have it today than Wednesday night. Duke will not beat Carolina on Wednesday, just saying that now.

And with Infallible prognostication like this:

Final will be something along the lines of 87-68 or so. And it really won't be that close.

I feel like they shouldn't even play Weds... Thanks Mike that was a good laugh :mrgreen:

And with Infallible prognostication like this:
Final will be something along the lines of 87-68 or so. And it really won't be that close.

I feel like they shouldn't even play Weds... Thanks Mike that was a good laugh :mrgreen:

Well, just shows that games aren't played on paper; they're played inside TV sets. Carolina SHOULD have won by 19, but they didn't - State wouldn't let them.

LET'S GO TAR HEELS!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

too bad the tarheels lost!

I was expecting state to destroy them, at least by 30.

holy **** are you serious?

I realize it's harder to detect sarcasm on a forum, but comon.

I was expecting state to destroy them, at least by 30.

holy **** are you serious?

I realize it's harder to detect sarcasm on a forum, but comon.

For Brians sake we sometimes use the newly invented HTML Code

Brackets to indicate to Brian that we are wellllllllllll..... being sarcastic. Allow me to illustrate...

{"Sarcasm"} Bag is the smartest man I know! {"Sarcasm"}

or to put this in CH terms {"Sarcasm"} I knew Rosie was going to get a hat trick on Tuesday agains the Habs and the three assists by Commo were easily predicatable!!!! {"Sarcasm"}

Please try this next time AO :mrgreen: