The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
g105

Hat Trick

OK, you're at the RBC, wearing your special cap, autographed by a player dear to you, never to be duplicated. Or maybe it's your good mojo hat. What player would you sacrifice it for if he scored a hat trick? For me, I think Jeff Skinner.

honestly probably none. but i am extremely cheap and it would take a lot for me to toss away a perfectly good hat i know i will not be getting back. i didn't even toss the free hat i got on free hat night when there was a hat trick at that montreal game last season. the only circumstances i can see myself tossing my hat would be something like if i got carried away during the stanley cup playoffs, in game 7, and it was a jeff skinner hat trick with a game winning/tie-breaking goal. i can't say i would definitely do it, but i would probably consider it. and if i did get carried away in the moment and do it i know i would regret it the next day.

edit: and that's just a regular cap. i don't think there is anything that would get me to toss a hat that falls into your category: "special cap, autographed by a player dear to you, never to be duplicated. Or maybe it's your good mojo hat."

Edited by MeleeRayRay

Wow, what is wrong with you people? Are you not hockey fans, and Canes fans?

ok, I admit it, I've held back a couple of times but you do have to let fly! Staal's last hat trick cost a great mojo hat - but it was a "natural" hat trick. That hat had 17 goals in 3 games earlier this year, and was held back from another Staal hat trick. I just had to let it fly! What a great hat.... :(

My son tossed his signed Gleason hat that game (he's crazy) :)

I'm a Canes fan but ..... no body, no goal, no thing. My prize hat is a Gibson Musical Instruments hat that is/was available only at the acoustic shop in Nashville and cost me something north of 30 bucks. Had it for 10 plus years, I have made an art of washing the thing. Not going to get thrown. Besides, I am on the third level behind the netting. If I did have a sacrifice hat and wanted to throw it on the ice, no way that I could get it down there.

I accidentally threw my good cap on a night where they gave away John Deere caps. In the excitement of the moment, I tossed the hat I was wearing and not the JD one that I had kept under my seat for such an occasion. I don't think I can get a hat to the ice from my seat in the 300 level, so I don't plan to be tossing any in the future. For a Ruutu hat trick, I'd be tempted.

My 2002 Stanley Cup Final hat has seen some miles. I luv that hat. I wouldn't throw it. I'd never wash it either. Dirt and sweat rings are character.

I'd throw Whaler's hat though. :grin:

Edited by coastal_caniac

I have left for the RBC with an old ratty hat in tow just in case. But never been able to toss it. The nights I've been there for a hattie, I've been wearing a hat I like, and am not willing to toss it.

You used to be able to go claim them after the game, or rather dig them out of a bag or box. Do they still allow this?

Edited by TheBigKahuna

Since I have no prized hat, (ie not signed by anyone and I use to mow my lawn in... ) I would toss it for any particular reason... hat trick or no. So watch out, I am willing to toss my hat at anyone, anything any reason.

My 2002 Stanley Cup Final hat has seen some miles. I luv that hat. I wouldn't throw it. I'd never wash it either. Dirt and sweat rings are character.

I'd throw Whaler's hat though. :grin:

Hey now!!! lol