The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac6

Commie

Funny ^^ :)

Great guy but no. We're rebuilding and the last thing this team needs is another Aaron Ward situation like last year.

From a personal standpoint, I'd love to see the big redhead back. But as TSA said we're rebuilding and I don't know how much gas Commie has left in the tank. But I bet he'd love to come back here.

I'll bet money that the second Chad LaRose saw this he made a phone call to JR.

Edited by Obi-Wan

I take him on re-entry waivers at 1.75 million after I have a heart to heart with him and see if he is still interested in playing hockey and not money. At that point he goes to Charlotte on a conditioning stint and we worry about him seeing the lineup after the All Star break. By then its trade deadline time and we start fielding offers depending on where we are in the standings. Depending on how the roster shook down he would then have a spot in the lineup. As of now though we don't really have a way to replace anyone in the lineup for Commodore nor would I want to based on how he has played since he left here. Lots of unknowns in this situation that only JR can answer, we'll see what his answer is.

I liked Commodore when during our Cup run but after that, he hasn't played well at all. On XM the other day, the guys were talking about how he was a good fit for the "Old NHL" but hasn't really adjusted to the "New NHL." Specifically, that he isn't fast/mobile enough to keep up.

I agree with that somewhat but I think the bigger issue is his current contract. He got a great deal from Columbus when he signed there, which was far above what he is worth.

While he is a great guy to have around, I think we're better off staying with what we have.

I do miss him though and he sure was entertaining when he was here.

I loved Mike Commodore: The Character -- I still have, and wear on occasion, the Hurricanes bathrobe I bought at The Eye during the Stanley Cup run. I will certainly never forget the day after the Cup win parade around the RBC when Commie was accepting cans of beer from fans, guzzling down the contents, autographing the empty, and tossing it back to the crowd from his parade vehicle!

Mike Commodore: The Player, however, I didn’t like as much. I never saw him much beyond a third pair defenseman and could not believe Columbus paid Top D money for him. I was so glad that JR did not compete on that.

Hope he can find a place somewhere.

I loved him in '06 but after that his lack of speed just got him burned, burned and sizzled on rush's. He would be an amazing 1990's defensemen but not today.

I loved him in '06 but after that his lack of speed just got him burned, burned and sizzled on rush's. He would be an amazing 1990's defensemen but not today.

I agree. I loved him when he was here---and was so sad to see he and Stiller leave. I knew CBJ's would regret

the overpriced five year contract (which has 2-1/2 years left on it) But don't think he has the speed needed on our

team now. I wish him well and hope he" lands on his feet" somewhere in the NHL.

Edited by UNCCaniac8