The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Checkers Games now Live on TWC

CHECKERS GAMES LIVE ON TIME WARNER CABLE

01/14/2011 8:31 AM 6708ed3bb0df07583a3777577122b1d9.300.jpg CHARLOTTE, NC – The Charlotte Checkers announced today that they have entered into a three-year partnership with Time Warner Cable to broadcast Checkers games live on cable television.

The deal involves six to eight broadcasts per season on Time Warner Cable Special Events Channel 520 with the first being Friday, Jan. 14. Channel 520 is available to all Time Warner Cable digital cable subscribers throughout the Carolinas.

The complete broadcast schedule for the remainder of the 2010-11 season includes six games against different opponents and is as follows:

Friday, Jan. 14 vs. Manchester Monarchs, 7 p.m.

Friday, Jan. 21 vs. Springfield Falcons, 7 p.m.

Saturday, Feb. 12 vs. Albany Devils, 7 p.m.

Saturday, Feb. 26 vs. Connecticut Whale, 7 p.m.

Saturday, Mar. 12 vs. Binghamton Senators, 7 p.m.

Saturday, Apr. 9 vs. vs. Worcester Sharks, 7 p.m.

“With the exception of our jump to the American Hockey League, no announcement is as significant as the Checkers playing live television games on Time Warner Cable,” stated Checkers senior vice president Aaron Osborne. “This partnership will not only allow hockey fans in Charlotte to watch their team on TV, but will also allow fans in Raleigh and throughout the Carolinas to see potential future Hurricanes stars honing their skills.”

Jason Shaya, entering his fourth season as the voice of the Checkers, will lead the television broadcast, while former NHL players Jason Dawe and Derek Wilkinson will lend their expertise as color commentators and segment reporters.

The Checkers (22-14-5) will host Manchester again tonight at 7 p.m. for ‘Race Night’. NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Joey Logano will headline the event, along with Hall of Fame executive director Winston Kelley. A portion of ticket sales and post-game jersey auction proceeds will benefit the Bennett family from Albany, N.Y. Visit www.gocheckers.com/racenight for more details.

Don't suppose that TWC will have an online stream for those using their online services... pipe dreams I know. Well I am sure for those of us without twc will find some means of watching the games. Hey maybe we can get some game highlights at least :D

Very nice. Watching now, the sound quality is not the best. But video and camera work are fine .... And Zach Dalpe just scored to tie it at 1-1 with a shorthanded goal!

Very nice. Watching now, the sound quality is not the best. But video and camera work are fine .... And Zach Dalpe just scored to tie it at 1-1 with a shorthanded goal!

I noticed this as well, and hopefully it will get better as the do more games on TV, but it doesn't help the announcers to have to talk over the music and PA announcer. Whereever they are sitting they are not as sheltered as John and Tripp are. I'm not surprised for the arena to have good angles and camerawork since most of the Bobcats games are televised. I would say not bad for a first time on TV, I'm sure it will improve.

Look forward to seeing the other 5 games this year to cheer on the Checkers!