The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
CanadianHockeyFan88

What Movie did you see recently?

Hurt Locker is a good action movie. But my military friends hattttteeeee it.

I finally caught A-Team, it was cheesy but awesome

Liam Neeson as Hannibal... instant classic.

Saw Django when it came out it was an excellent movie! Ultra-violent, but very well done with visuals, humor, action and story. PS leave the kids at home (to the parents who thought it would be a good family movie flick.)

Saw Les Mieserables yeterday. The movie has more impact than the stage sersion simply due to the difference in the media. Should you go, bting tissue for the movie's edning

I just watched Skyfall, not bad - better than Quantum of Solace. I'm still not a fan of Sam Mendez.

I also watched Black Swan... freaky, but pretty much what I would expect from Darren Aronofsky. It was a LOT like the Wrestler, the way you see the behind the scenes stuff about the lead characters' chosen profession (in this case ballet which I have no interest in, but now I appreciate it, thanks to this film), and the endings were similar and almost unavoidable. Black Swan is a very adult film, I wouldn't watch it with kids around. Natalie Portman's performance was outstanding, pretty much what I expected her to evolve into (ever since I saw her in the Professional). I've been disappointed in her for a long time, she's been doing stupid roles with little-to-no difficulty and I knew she was capable of a lot more. It's nice to finally see her take on a difficult task and really knock it out of the park.

Darren Aronofsky has continued to impress me, too. I've enjoyed all his movies and each one is better than the last. I am really interested in how Noah turns out.

Saw a bit of "Mr. Hockey:The Gordie Howe Story" on Hallmark last evening. I only caught about 15 minutes or so of it, but from what I saw, might be worth trying to catch in full some time.  It focuses on the time period Gordie came back to the game to play with his sons and all of the NHL vs WHA dramatics from that era.

Watched  "The Last Gladiators" last night. It is a bleak but very interesting look at Chris Nilan's career and NHL enforcers in general, and the toll their job takes on them emotionally and physically, on and off the ice. I highly recommend it.