The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Jaysta

A Fond... Well, Not So Fond Farewell

I'm sure that most, if not all, the people that read this post aren't going to care about it at all, but I also felt it was time this was said. Unfortunately, this board has become nothing but chaos lately with the amount of arguing, posting the same subjects over and over again, and everyone suddenly thinking they're better at JR and Lavi's job than either of them can ever be. This board used to be a fun place to come and discuss hockey with other fans, etc. but it is not like that any longer, and that is unfortunate. I apologize to Marcus, fightin, 300 and all the other mods on here because I know they are basically powerless with this new software, and can do almost nothing about what is going on here as of late. Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and yes, I realize that I do not HAVE to come here and read what goes on, but as I said, I used to enjoy it, so that is why I continued to come here and hope that this would all stop, but it hasn't. I'm tired of reading 5 or more different threads on why we should trade Tanabe, I'm tired of every day it being a new player that we throw under the bus as to the reason we aren't having the season we all feel we should be, and the double and triple posting of some is completely out of hand. For the games in MTL and Boston, Cam was a God and then he had a bad game against the Wild and now JG should be our #1 goalie. Yes, I am aware that Cam is not having a stellar season, and I too wish he was more consistent, but the constant flip-flopping that goes on drives me up the wall. Rosey is being attacked now too when many nights he's the only one out there giving us his all.

Should we praise our team even when they are playing horribly? Absolutely not! But jumping on and off the wagon the way some on here do is ridiculous, I’m sorry. And yes, I do wonder sometimes what JR and Lavi are thinking with the decisions they make, but I trust in the fact that they have their jobs and I don’t for a reason.

Maybe I’m alone in thinking all this and if I am, that’s fine because I’m entitled to my opinion just like the rest of you are. It’s just not enjoyable coming on here anymore for me, and so I’m not going to. I’m sorry that it had to come to this.

I can’t take it anymore. I have to speak up. You bunch of “hockey fans†have driven me to insanity.

I used to come to this forum with an almost OCD type obsession. I enjoyed it. It was somewhere to talk with people who enjoyed the same thing I did.

That has ALL changed. This forum has been taken over by fair-weather fans, puck bunnies, and people who think they know more than the owners and leaders of this team. It used to be that we would all enjoy a win together, and would look at a loss as a way to learn for the next game. Not anymore. Now, when the Canes lose, you have to find a scapegoat to blame. Take Cam Ward for instance. For the past couple games, he has been stellar, no doubt about it. But his last game, getting pulled after 10 minutes, had all of you wanting to toss him down to the backup goal tender spot. This would be called FAIR-WEATHER. This board is full of fair-weather fans and I don’t care who disagrees. Open up your eyes and look.

And I’m tired of the puck bunnies. Most threads get turned away from any intellectual talk because there has been a plague of puck bunnies.

And those of you who think you know more than the management of this team… GET OVER YOURSELVES. The leaders of this team have their jobs for a reason. NOT YOU. If you don’t like a trade or the way someone is playing, tough cookies. There really isn’t anything you can do about it, so stop talking like you are actually going to run the team yourself.

And you know what else sucks? All the bickering. I’m so tired of seeing a forum of what I thought were intelligent people acting like children. Every disagreement gets blown out of proportion because some people can’t learn to live with people who have different beliefs. Everything becomes a stupid screaming match and I’m tired of seeing everyone arguing all the time. YOU’RE DIFFERENT. GET OVER IT AND FIND SOMETHING IMPORTANT TO TALK ABOUT.

Being a member of this forum since last season, I believe I know many of the members fairly well. We had some good times with the Cup win and everything, and I'm sad to say this will be my last post on this board. Everything has changed to much for me to stick around, and I'm tired of waiting for something to be done about it. Marcus, Ells, 300, and other mods, I know you don't have any control over any of this and I don't blame you for it, but I just can't take it anymore. You all go ahead and continue your bickering and bandwagoning and leave me out of it. If you want to stay in touch, my email is in my profile and so are various forms of instant messaging, but you won't see me here anymore.

With that said and a heap of frustration off my chest, ya'll enjoy yourselves. I'm out of here.

Perhaps when the new board comes in...not the upgrade, and we get things in order you will return.

Maybe I should reactivate the proboards board and we can use that as an unofficial one. Everyones profile is still there. Anyone like this idea?

And you know what else sucks? All the bickering. I’m so tired of seeing a forum of what I thought were intelligent people acting like children. Every disagreement gets blown out of proportion because some people can’t learn to live with people who have different beliefs. Everything becomes a stupid screaming match and I’m tired of seeing everyone arguing all the time. YOU’RE DIFFERENT. GET OVER IT AND FIND SOMETHING IMPORTANT TO TALK ABOUT.

Is that not what you're doing right now? Bickering and blowing things out of proportion. No one seriously blames Cam for the Wild loss. Many pointed out that Cam should have stopped some of the ones he let in, but that's fact. If you want to get bent out of shape because of that, that's your problem.

Hey, if you want to go, then by all means, do what you want, I have found somethings here frustrating at times, but the best thing I found is that I might not check the boards for a few days and cool myself down. I might not always agree with what people have to say, but I think that most of the time people say what they do in the heat of the moment, rather then cooling off and thinking about the particular moment. Also, the way in which we are communicating here, through a forum, is prone to such behavior, any and everywhere. You think this is bad??? check out some of the other boards out there, and you will realize that whats going on here is merely frustration and petty.

Best advice I can give is this: you don't have to reply to everything, if you highly dislike or disagree with what someone is saying, then ignore it. 99.99% of the time you are probably not going to change anyone's minds about something in this format, and it tends to lead towards further arguements, espcially if it is 180 from what you think. add input if you want, but if you see a fire, don't through the gas can at it. 8)

And if you decide that this is fair-well, then best of luck to you, and I hope that nothing I have said or done has upset or angered you in such a manner.

I think a lot of people are just frustrated with the unfairness that goes on here. I have issued warnings/bans in the past for stuff I don't even look at here simply cause I can't. Hopefully this is only temporary and once we get updated it will good.

IceFrog, they're not getting bent out of shape, these were respectful posts. And she has a point, because there were a handful of people throwing Cam and Tanabe under the bus.

So...ignore them? Each person has their personal opinions on the players. If you don't agree with a person's opinion, ignore them or write them off as ignorant.

http://carolinacanes.proboards99.com/

Only come and post if you want to talk serious hockey. Read the rules carefully over there.

No new members, only the pre-cup members.

I don't mind new members if they can talk hockey. We have a vets board that will vote members off if any vet member feels they aren't talking hockey.

Good idea.

I'm full of good ideas. :wink: :mrgreen:

When I see a thread entitled "ZOMG STAAL IZ A HOTTIE!!111111!1!!!" I skip it. When I see a thread entitled "cam ward suxx0rz" I skip it, or I offer a rational argument on why he does not, in fact, suxx0rz. I'm just a newb here, so maybe I would be frustrated if I'd been here for years, watching my favorite forum go down the tubes. But I think if I decide to stick around, I'll better know which threads and members to ignore.

I guess what I'm saying is, don't let the idiots run you off. This is the Internet, where idiots gather and thrive. You can't escape them. But amongst the idiots, you find insightful, knowledgeable, and just plain fun people--don't let the idiots take that away from you. If the formerly Mighty Ducks win the Stanley Cup this year, maybe they'll migrate to their forums. If you survived the 02-03 season, you can survive here!

http://carolinacanes.proboards99.com/

Only come and post if you want to talk serious hockey. Read the rules carefully over there.

No new members, only the pre-cup members.

I don't mind new members if they can talk hockey. We have a vets board that will vote members off if any vet member feels they aren't talking hockey.

Good idea.

I'm full of good ideas. :wink: :mrgreen:

LOL Whose idea was it to pull for the Leafs then? :lol: