The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Done Deal, Thrashers are moving to Winnipeg

Here's a temporary avatar for all you new ThrasherCane fans. At least until someone comes up with something better :)

OK, I threw this together tonight for former Thrasher fans who are converting to the Caniac Nation. Feel free to show your pride and your roots as well as support the future of your hockey fandom with this bright and shinny new avatar/signature image.

LOGOthrashers-hurricanes.png

Edited by jb_online

Hence . . .

Bat-bird.

You know, I pulled out Slap Shot and the whole team situation seems real familiar . . .

Really, its nothing new in hockey (except they won their cup and the Trash failed to make the post-season)

psychedelic . . .

OK, I threw this together tonight for former Thrasher fans who are converting to the Caniac Nation. Feel free to show your pride and your roots as well as support the future of your hockey fandom with this bright and shinny new avatar/signature image.

jb, do you mind if I use that for my avatar? It goes well with my name and the tough transition I'm going through :thumbsup:

jb, do you mind if I use that for my avatar? It goes well with my name and the tough transition I'm going through :thumbsup:

Please do! Welcome to the board and the Caniac Nation my friend!! We are glad to have you.

I was wondering what would happen with this. Good that Dan Snyder doesn't get lost in the move.

Dan Snyder's Thrasher legacy to continue being honored in Winnipeg

With the Thrashers on their way to Winnipeg there are some things from Atlanta that will be making their way to Canada. While many of the people who worked for the team in Atlanta won’t be returning, there’s one memory of the team that many hoped would carry over into their future in Winnipeg.

Dan Snyder was a hopeful up and coming rookie in the Thrashers system back in 2003. That September, Snyder was riding in a car with then Thrashers star Dany Heatley when their car crashed after Heatley was speeding and lost control of the car. Snyder died six days later after falling into a coma and dying from septic shock thanks to the accident.

Ever since then, the Thrashers honored Snyder by not giving out his number 37 to another player and giving out the Dan Snyder Memorial Award to the player that best embodies perseverance, dedication and hard work without reward or recognition, so that his team and teammates might succeed. Winnipeg’s director of hockey operations and communications Scott Brown says that Snyder’s memory will continue to be honored when the team moves. Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free Press finds out that the ties to Snyder from within Winnipeg’s organization run deep as well.

Link from the Winnipeg Free Press within the NBC article:

http://www.winnipegf...-123679429.html

TSN reporting that Craig Ramsay will not be the coach of the Winnipeg team. Ramsay was 34-36-12 with the Thrashers last season.

TSN reporting that Craig Ramsay will not be the coach of the Winnipeg team. Ramsay was 34-36-12 with the Thrashers last season.

He was asked to give an interview with the new owners to fight for his job but three minutes into his presentation he realized that everyone in the room had fallen asleep... and he is still being followed by mis-informed nerds with pointy ear props asking him to sign their Patrick Stewart 8x10s.

When asked about his experience in Canada, Ramsay simply responded "It was a bad trip... is your company hiring?"

R.I.P Atlanta Thrashers

Always wanted to make a road trip there but never found time for it and now I never will unless it's a concert or a Hawks game.

Tough night for our Thrasher/Cane members. The draft can't be much fun for them.

The Thrashers packed up and left town. Now some Thrasher ticket holders say they are having trouble getting their money back.

CBSSports.com

That's brutal, talk about adding insult to injury.

A Tweet from Luke DeCock-N&O

Canes and Preds will each get 40 games in Atlanta TV market this year, GM Jim Rutherford said today. Possible preseason game there in 2012.

Welcome aboard Ex-Tharasher fans. It looks like you can enjoy Hurricane hockey. I know we aren't your Thrashers but maybe we can become your Hurricanes.

The Carolina Hurricanes are considering playing a preseason game in Atlanta next fall. The Hurricanes and Nashville Predators would both like to attract Ex-Thrasher fans.

Raleigh News & Observer Canes mull visit to AtlantaBY LUKE DECOCK

"There's some passionate fans there," said new Hurricanes forward Anthony Stewart, who played for the Thrashers last season